House-Shaped ATC Swap - Due August 1st 2018

katelnorth

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
ALL RETURNS HAVE NOW BEEN MAILED OUT!! (6th August)Swap Due Date - 1st August 2018
No sign up deadline - This is a no-sign up swap; when I receive your cards I will sign you up
Number of Cards ~ 3 for 3
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Open Media -
Original Cards only, no prints please

Welcome to the House-Shaped ATC Swap

View attachment 195623View attachment 195624View attachment 195625View attachment 195622View attachment 195621

I've always been attracted to house-shaped ATCs, and recently have been very keen to get some more. Hence, this swap.

Here's what you should know:

1. Your card may be made to any theme, so long as the ATC background is cut to a house shape. (See above for examples, or google "house-shaped ATCs". You may interpret this as you like, but they must be recogniseably house-shaped, and approximately 2.5x3.5". I recommend starting with a normal card blank and trimming a bit to form your "house".

2. You may choose any media you like to make these cards, but I cannot promise to swap like for like, so if you are not happy to get back HD/HP when you have made Mixed-Media, or vice-versa, this swap may not be for you.

Swap Requirements ~

* All cards should be house-shaped within a standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* Cards must be original. Send work into which you put time, imagination and care.
* Please use only small, light, flat embellishments on your cards
* Please protect your cards with plastic sleeves.

Mailing Info -
As it happens, I will be visiting my mother in the US this summer, from the 3rd of August, for a few weeks. Which means, I can mail out all the American mail using American stamps. So...

US: a stamped, addressed envelope with a single forever stamp (US not global) or 50c postage and a large address label with your name clearly printed.

UK: a stamped, addressed envelope with a 1st or 2nd class stamp or a stamp and a large address label - I will mail your swap returns out before I leave to go to the US.

Other countries: a large address label and either $1US or one global forever stamp.

* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Post in this thread when you are sending your cards out, so I can keep track of which cards to expect. Any late cards will be returned, after I return home from the US (around the 21st August). We'd love to see photos of your cards as you go along!

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. A note in the thread to say you've received your cards is very welcome, as well.

CARDS RECEIVED FROM:

plumhill2001 "you rock"
Oakville Girly "you rock"
3. sorxia
"you rock"
ancientplanter
"you rock"
5. raineyday
"you rock"
6. ornamentations
"you rock"
allegrae
"you rock"
8. Blueangel
"you rock"
9. smilenshine
"you rock"
laffqueen
"you rock"
11. nanvan
"you rock"
bluskyhare
"you rock"
castlequeen5
"you rock"
14. c
hronicreader
"you rock"
Carol
"you rock"
16. Suzi
"you rock"
17. Bishopsmate "you rock"
18. janetmachek "you rock"
19. angeljoy "you rock"
20. bunnymther "you rock"
21. ladyday
22. catladybj "you rock"

Last edited:
I haven't done house-shaped cards before. I'll give it a go.

Last edited:
lurking
I find house shaped cards difficult
I am not sure why
if I try to be outside the box - they get wonky really fast
if I try to be normal - I create boring junk.
need to find middle ground.

Shirley, the ones you made for the T2T6 are perfectly recogniseable as houses, I think. I just meant like - no toadstools, wave shapes (I had one as a mermaid house once), shells, flower shapes, etc.

I'm in. Those examples you provided are wonderful! Did you make all of them?

... I don't think your swap information mentioned hostess cards? I always send one, but you might want to mention that hostess cards are welcome (nice way to add to your collection), but not mandatory?

Thanks for thinking of me, nan - it's there already, though, under the "Swap Requirements" section :)

I did make the examples shown - I think most of them were actually made to trade in the 1:1 House trading thread when it first opened. The birdhouse was made for a different swap I think, and the last one was made for one of the Trash to Treasure swaps.

It doesn't matter - glad to have you watching out to make sure I don't miss my hostess cards, lol :)

I had fun with those houses. I'm sure I have some more, I should upload them, too!

I guess the main thing to note is that as long as the card is house shaped, the decorations don't have to look like a house - i.e. windows, doors - though of course they can. But you can fill the inside with whatever you like.

If anyone needs more inspiration, check out the 1:1 House Trading thread, or try this google image search.

Back
Top Bottom