House-Shaped ATC Swap - Due August 1st 2018

Hi catladybj - this is a no sign up swap, so when your cards get here, I'll add you to the list. If you mail them soon, they should be fine.

This year, my brother is coming to visit me and my mother, instead of me going there, so I'll only be in the Maryland/DC area, with a short trip to the Virginia Beach area.

Angeljoy and Plumhill2001, thanks for the ideas. I want to use vellum more often so these are great. Thanks again.

Hi catladybj - this is a no sign up swap, so when your cards get here, I'll add you to the list. If you mail them soon, they should be fine.

This year, my brother is coming to visit me and my mother, instead of me going there, so I'll only be in the Maryland/DC area, with a short trip to the Virginia Beach area.

Well shoot I was hoping you were going to be in Atlanta! But I'm glad you get to visit with your family. Y'all should make the trip down here and see some of our sites - and me!

It's almost the due date for this swap - can't believe it's nearly August already! As far as I know, there are three sets of cards which have been mailed but which I have not yet received - from catladybj, carol and minibee1010. If anyone else has mailed and I haven't acknowledged them, let me know.

I am flying to the US on Friday 3rd August, so I can't wait beyond the 2nd for mail to arrive, so hopefully all three sets will get here by the time I leave...

MAIL CALL! Catladybj, your cards arrived yesterday - yay!

I think there are two sets of cards on the way still - I hope they will come in the post today, as I will be gone by the time the post arrives on Friday. I will wait until the postal delivery today and then swap out, ready to mail when I get to the US. Unfortunately, if any arrive after that, they will have to be returned to the makers once I get back from the US.

Hi again, everyone

The postman has been and gone today, and unfortunately, no more cards have arrived. If any more arrive while I am in the US, I will return them once I get back to London.

I have swapped out all the cards now, and will mail them all out when I get to the US except bishopsmate (who is in the UK), whose I will stick in the postbox tomorrow on my way to Gatwick and nanvan, who lives in Canada. Nan, given the trouble with your post lately, I'm actually going to mail yours from here before I leave, rather than purchasing US postage to Canada - you and I seem to have no trouble at all between the UK and Canada! I think you're the only Canadian player, but if anyone else is in Canada, I'll do the same thing for you.

There are so many wonderful houses - I had such a hard time choosing my hostess cards. I also put three cards into the swap myself, and so I got to choose a few more. Tricky!

Your envelope weighed under 20g, so it probably didn't cost any more to mail than it would from the US - your postage money definitely covered it. And you've had such trouble lately (though I'm not mailing from Arizona, so it might have been alright!). I hate missing cards. So annoying!

Thanks, Kate! I appreciate the special delivery from the UK!

Your envelope weighed under 20g, so it probably didn't cost any more to mail than it would from the US - your postage money definitely covered it. And you've had such trouble lately (though I'm not mailing from Arizona, so it might have been alright!). I hate missing cards. So annoying!

In the end, my cards finally made it to Arizona (took over a month though) and the envelope I was waiting for also eventually made its way to me (again it took well over a month - 6 weeks I think). It's a mystery what route these items travelled - if only they could talk!

Ok, so I'm here safely in the US, as are the cards - whew! not lost in transit in my suitcase or anything. Most of them will be put into a postbox today; a few of them I want to take to the post office on Monday - one one I need to check thickness and there were a couple of other things I can't remember, but I think it was only 3 envelopes (oh, I think one had a metered postage strip on it and I'm not sure I can use that) - two might have been thickness. So anyway, most will be posted soon and hopefully start arriving this week!

My cute little houses arrived today!! Thanks Ornamentations, catladybj, and Blueangel. Also, a big thanks to katelnorth, for hosting this fun swap!! Off to leave my feedback now!

Received 3 absolutely amazing houses - thanks to Sorxia, RaineyDay and Allegrae! I love them all! And special thanks to our hostess, Kate for such a great swap! Off to leave ITrader and YouRocks. Thanks again everybody!

Woot! I got my returns today! That was so fast, thank you Kate!! And thank you to the marvelous and divine Laffqueen, nanvan, and plumhill2001 for your gorgeous cards! Off to party...... rep for all!

Back
Top Bottom