Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! June

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Envie Addicts Unite! June

I'm an Envie Addict! Hopefully, there are more of you out there! What? You're a newb? What's an Envie you say? If you don't already know, Envies are altered envelopes. They can be drawn on, painted on, upcycled, collage and mix media up! Sky's the limit. Getting personal mail is nice, but getting a mini traveling museum is the best! We also allow postcards!
    So here's what I propose, let's get a good sized group going for a monthly swap. It would be a nice way to get our fix of envies on a regular basis. Let's share our ideas, links to inspiration, and get to know each other as artist.

How the NEW sign up works:

First, I will post a new thread like normal. For the first week I will be accepting players. Players have the 1st thru 7th of the month to come to the thread and say, "I wanna play." Once you join, there is no withdrawing.

Next, I will make up a partner's list and post it on the 8th or the 9th of the month. Once I have the player's list up, I will send everyone my usual monthly update via PM.

My suggested mail out date would be the 15th, but for the most part your Envie needs to be in the hands of your partner by the last day of the month. If anything is late, there is a little forgiveness if you are communicating with your partner.

In the past, we've had a lot of peeps that flaked on their trade. Itrader points will now play a big part in who plays in E.A.U. If you had a wonderful experience, fabulous! Leave positive points. If you had a hiccup, but your not too bent outta shape about it, leave a neutral point. If you had a total "flaker" and your experience was horrible...well then you might want to think about a negative point. (Consider yourself warned.)

How will the points help us? I figure it this way. If you had a neutral point as a result of playing in EAU, you will be given a second chance, but a second one in a row will be considered a negative point. If you've had a negative point within 3 months no matter where you were playing, you cannot participate.

On a lighter note, we celebrate birthdays! When you sign up and it happens to be your birthday month say, "I wanna play and I'm celebrating a birthday!" Other player's just might send ya some happy mail. ...just be sure to leave a YouRock point to those that RAK you.
    *Birthday addresses can be obtained through Kwailin777.

Naked! Is how we send our Envies...as is. However, there has been times that mail has gone missing. If you feel that your Envie might find the same fate, you can send it, within a plain envelope. But! ... your art has to be dressed up with faux postage and addresses.

Stuff, your Envie's with something sturdy like cereal boxes or junk mail. Send it out, but don't post a pic at AFA until you hear that your partner has received it. Save the surprise for them. Once, you get word that they have it, share it all over the place. We're nosey! We wanna see too!

Size Rules: Your Envie has to be a minimum of 3 5/8 X 6 1/2 inches. (Small Business Envelope) ...and up...

Celebrating a June birthday! Gemininorn & Theweavershand
    *Birthday addresses an be obtained through Kwailin777.

June's Partner's List

Dmnh - Cecileb
    Fandanie - Ruthe
    Theweavershand - Karenr
    Ann - Syklops
    Nicky - Acalla
    Kwailin777 - TrinaLD

Examples/Inspiration:
    Envie Addicts Unite! Pinterest Board
    Good Mail Day
    Mail Me Art
    Mail Me Art Video
    For more ideas Google "Mail Art" and set it to images.
    Last edited by kwailin777; 06-08-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addict Unite! October
    Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need another hit? Try these threads to get your fix! Some of our own are waiting for you...

MMH: Postcards by Idolores

HD/HP/Collage Postcards by Suntrade

PIF: Postcard Madness by Sweetest-sin

PIF: Artcard 5x7 HD/HP by Oksana

PIF: Plain Envie Are Overrated by Thatgeekyartgirl

MMH: Altered Envies by Locatray
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay dahlings, don't forget we have an optional postcard swap this month. For those of you that are new, it works like this...
    I will post 2 lists. One will be for our regular swap for Envies...that part will work like usual. When you sign up...specify if you want to participate in both swaps or just one of them. Feel free to ask questions if it's confusing
    Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our player's so far...

Syklops
    Cecileb
    Nicky
    Fandanie
    Theweavershand Bday babe
    Last edited by kwailin777; 06-05-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Postcard Swap...

Kwailin777
    Syklops
    Cecileb
    Gemininorn Bday Babe
    Nanner
    Fandanie
    Theweavershand
    Last edited by kwailin777; 06-05-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Addicts! Don't forget...for the postcards this month, there are certain requirements. You wanna do a 4x6 postcard with bold colors, some doodles and some kind of writing or font included. Some folks are planning to bind these cards into a book, so please add some interest to the back. The back doesn't have to be elaborate. I like to splash watercolor sometimes for the b sides at times...it's as simple as that. Anyhow, here's some examples to inspire your works!

By Birgitkoopsen

From Artful Flight Studio

From Kollaj

Link doesn't work...it's from Dina's stamps

Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in for both, Mel!
    Please be aware that I occasionally have vitreous hemorrhages in my sighted eye. It can take a week to a month (or longer) before it clears up & I'm able to see again. This means that, should you trade with me in any way, you may wind up waiting for your art until my vision clears. If/as soon as possible I will let you know what’s going on.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up for both!

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still out but lurking to pick up all the gossip. The inspiration posts are killing me, I want to make everything that Birgitkoopsen makes.
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

10. Likes Gemininorn, Syklops, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in for postcard swap please, I am actually really looking forward to binding a book with them afterwards And I am also practising my mixed media skills with some self study courses from Willowing...
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else —> George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

12. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you show us your postcard bound book when it is finished Gemininorn. I'd love to see how it looks when finished and hear the details of how you go about doing it.
    Now Hosting.

14. Thanks Gemininorn thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Syklops liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Postcards for me, please!
    My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up please - I can do June... not too sure about July, but we'll see about that later .
    Postcard or envie - equally welcome
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Addicts! Sometime ago I shared Artist Trading Coins. I'm not sure if they are a new thing...(I thought that what rinchies were...round inchies.) Anyway, I see them popping up all over Pinterest. I wanted to make a swap for them, but I need to get through some of the swaps that I signed up for currently. I know that they are made of paper...but I wanted to know what you all thought about them being wood? Just about every craft store carries wood shapes...and among them there are round coin shaped wood pieces. They are still small enough to send in a padded envelope. Your thoughts on this please...

Here are some examples of the Artist Trading coins...

By Rosie

By Mydisstressedcrafts

By Claire Lloyd

Also, If you wanted to store these, you could use plastic sleeve pages made specifically for coins. They look like this...

Also nice to store your inchies!
    Last edited by kwailin777; 06-04-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Instagram
    ATCoins Swap

18. Thanks Syklops thanked this post
    Likes Syklops liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both swaps please

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    P S. Love the idea of wooden coins. I have joined the swap that is up using 2 1/2" discs of cardboard. Wood sounds great

21. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    --> rinchies have a 1 inch diameter,
    --> coins have a 2,5 inchies diameter.
    I made some coins for the last a-thon, you can see them in my gallery :

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...dex.php?u=7702
    Would you like to trade with me ?

23. Thanks kwailin777, Gemininorn thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to make a swap for them, but I need to get through some of the swaps that I signed up for currently. I know that they are made of paper...but I wanted to know what you all thought about them being wood?
    Mel, you know I'm down for a coin swap! Either wood or paper.
    Please be aware that I occasionally have vitreous hemorrhages in my sighted eye. It can take a week to a month (or longer) before it clears up & I'm able to see again. This means that, should you trade with me in any way, you may wind up waiting for your art until my vision clears. If/as soon as possible I will let you know what’s going on.

25. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, a coin swap sounds divine! Wood, thick paper or cardboard, chip board...something sturdy for sure. I'd suggest giving the option to use a variety of sturdy materials, rather than having it be wood only. Just seems to allow more folks to join that way (as some may not have art supply stores close by.) Were you thinking of having a specific diameter for them?
    My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

27. Likes Syklops, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like