Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Impromptu ATART from now to June 16!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

An Impromptu ATART from now to June 16!

This is the Impromptu ATART from now to June 16th. It has already started .

Sniisk is hosting. If you have questions, please put them in the thread. Answering PMs may take longer.

Start times, NOW! This a-thon will end when Saturday is turning to be Sunday in the last timezone. However, don't take the given timelines too literally.

Because we are creating different sizes and forms of art here, it may be useful to inform others if your art piece differs from an ATC and is an inchie, a chunky or something else so we know the size.

No official optional challenges this time because no one did plan this to happen . Feel free to give challenges to other people during the ATART anyway .

General a-thon info (for all ATARTs)

What IS an ATART?
    It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS
    Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
    After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE
    When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST
    And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there. And we have "Like" and "Thank" buttons too.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open.
    1) Go to your gallery and open the image you want to insert.
    2) Copy the row with [IMG] codes. (copy is ctrl+c and paste is ctrl+v in Windows)
    3) Go to your post and paste the copies [IMG] code.
    5) and then you're done.

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
    Last edited by sniisk; 06-13-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    My chunky page list and APC list

2. Thanks acalla thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear something didn't go well for you, sniisk but HOORAY an impromptu ATART!! Of course I'll play!

4. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dithespy View Post
    Sorry to hear something didn't go well for you, sniisk but HOORAY an impromptu ATART!! Of course I'll play!
    I have had a pain in my knee for some months. It wasn't too bad but I noticed it once in a while. About a week ago I couldn't sleep, sit or walk normally and the pain was also in my ankle and hip. I got a diagnosis of an infection that maybe came after my pneumonia in February-March. I have a good medication now but no hope to go to work this week. And because my father took Hilla to stay with him and his dog to the countryside for the rest of this week, I have now plenty of time. The only problem is that I cannot sit but I can walk slowly (and it is recommended) and stand. I will be working part of days when I get something I can do at home.
    Last edited by sniisk; 06-13-2018 at 05:44 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear about your troubles but we'll be happy to keep you company and make art!

7. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch! Poor you! Hopefully, the antibiotics will kick in soon and you'll start to feel better. I'll send you healing thoughts. (If that helps!)

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch! Poor sniisk! Hope things are improving soon.

Guess IŽll squeeze in some play time - might be the last AThon for me for a little while.
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

10. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Evalila View Post
    Guess IŽll squeeze in some play time - might be the last AThon for me for a little while.
    What what what, why?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking!

13. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sniisk View Post
    What what what, why?
    IŽll be in day hospital because of my bipolar disorder and depression again starting next Tuesday. Not sure how long IŽll have to stay there - last time it was 5 months...

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Evalila View Post
    IŽll be in day hospital because of my bipolar disorder and depression again starting next Tuesday. Not sure how long IŽll have to stay there - last time it was 5 months...
    Oh no! I remember that you told quite a lot about it when we were in London but I didn't understand it is so bad. So sad. Are you able to craft there? Or is it mostly just talking and having meetings?

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck Sanna, hope you get better soon! Might play might not..my hubby is having his third operation in about 2 months this friday so I am concentrating on him at present....but who knows, as I am off on carers leave too....so might get time!
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sniisk View Post
    Oh no! I remember that you told quite a lot about it when we were in London but I didn't understand it is so bad. So sad. Are you able to craft there? Or is it mostly just talking and having meetings?
    ThereŽs usually a strict schedule of activities like individual and group therapy, sports/gymnastics, relaxation excercises, concentration excercises, crafting and group activities. For me this is really exhausting and I am not able to do much more than resting and sleeping afterwards. But I usually helps, at least for a while, together with the meds IŽm taking. ItŽs always an Up and Down.

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

18. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    sniisk
    Sanna! I wish you good health! I send rays of good and healing. I can't join you, I'm going on vacation to the sea. All the best, Tasha

20. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    sniisk
    Sanna! I wish you good health! I send rays of good and healing. I can't join you, I'm going on vacation to the sea. All the best, Tasha
    Thank you. That's a pity you cannot join but have a nice vacation!

22. Thanks Tasha thanked this post
    Likes Tasha liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseit View Post
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck Sanna, hope you get better soon! Might play might not..my hubby is having his third operation in about 2 months this friday so I am concentrating on him at present....but who knows, as I am off on carers leave too....so might get time!
    A lot seems to happen everywhere. Good luck there, too!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the invite, Sniisk. I will see what comes out of my fingertips! Hopefully something beautiful

I am sorry to hear that several of you are struggling with hard times ahead for awhile!!!! I wish I could erase them for all of you. Maybe it will help to remember that they will pass eventually and better days are also ahead afterwards. Hugs to you all. Stay strong. Stay focused on your purpose and your goals. And know that you are not alone!

25. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Likes Evalila, Bunnymther, nanvan, Tasha, JazzEars, HHC liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is offline going, going, always going...but at home for a while
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sniisk...I wanted another ATART but not at the expense of your pain. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Well, here's to show that I can be a complete idiot at times. Here is my first card, but it is NOT AVAILABLE FOR TRADE. Imagine my surprise when I turned it over to sign it and discovered that I had drawn this image on the back side of my first card for dithespy's swap. Now neither card is good for trading. But I wanted to show you. It is Portland Head Lighthouse in Maine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jo.on.the.go is offline going, going, always going...but at home for a while
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now here are my first three cards that can be traded.

ATART 1 Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse.jpg ATART 1 - Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, Maine

ATART 2 Dice Head Lighthouse.jpg ATART 2 - Dice Head Lighthouse, Maine. Built in 1829

ATART 3 Edgartown Lighthouse.jpg ATART 3 - Edgartown Lighthouse, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. Built in 1881

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking...hope you feel better soon Sniisk, and you too, Evalila, Mouseit, hope your hubby is on the mend, jo, lovely atcs, glad to see another Atart, sending good thoughts and wishes to everyone.

29. Thanks Evalila thanked this post
    Likes sniisk, Evalila liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, I'm so sorry so many of you are having difficult medical issues. I'm just glad you're able to get the help you need. And I'll of course join in with keeping everyone company! I was just feeling an artistic lull coming on due to lack of inspiration and wondering why my work always seems a little better when done during an ATART.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

31. Likes sniisk, Evalila liked this post