Box of Bountiful Backgrounds Boomering Back: B5 Mixed media due SEPT 5th 2018

Media
Swap Due Date: SEPT 5th, 2018 this the due date not the mail by date.

Number of Cards: 5 for 5 (Sorry I just like the number 5)

Number of Participants: 20 ish committed, artists, who will communicate and participate. No lurkers for this swap.

Box of Bountiful Backgrounds Boomering Back: B5 Mixed Media Collage

If you withdrew from any recent Trash to treasure swaps or similar type swap, even if the host didnt give you a neutral, please dont request a spot for this round. There is a limited number of envelopes and many artists want to play.

This is a no withdrawal swap, I will leave neutral itrader to those who don’t complete the commitment to this swap. No cards, no contact , mailing after mail by deadline may result in neutral itrader.

So for this swap I am sending you 6 backgrounds that I started. Most are very collage like in nature. Think scrappy. You need to be able to take a photo of the backgrounds I send you. This way you can show a before and after photo to the group. Links to other photos sites will work, posting to the gallery here, or adding photos to this forum all work.

You create a masterpiece on each background, post your after photos and mail them back. This is 5:5 and the extra one is just in case you want to make a hostess card, or for errors or artist blocked muses.

I took photos of examples. They are for the most part chipboard scrappy backgrounds with an image here or there. So you are not just getting paper slips.

I am fairly certain that these are already cut to the correct size, so writing about size seem silly. All size errors would be mine anyway. You are allowed to cut the cards into houses, or dolls as long as the size stays the same. No coins.

Mailing info USA players. Please post in the thread when my envelope to you arrives.
It will cost me 71 cents to mail out this envelope to you. Instead of you sending me SASE to get the backgrounds, I will mail them off in good faith, but would really appreciate the reimbursement of my initial mailing costs.

USA PLAYERS please, provide a large preferably sticky address label and return postage or 71 cents. I suspect you all will need to send one forever stamp and one extra ounce stamp for the 5 cards. Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance.

If you want or prefer your cards hand canceled, please include a note, and include the extra 21 cents stamp.

If you, yourself have sent cards that need to be hand cancelled please include the extra ounce 21 stamp for each card that needs to be hand cancelled. Since the cards would be sent to 5 different players. I don’t mind going to the PO to get cards hand cancelled.

Mailing INFO International Players
My cost to mail the envelop to you will be $1.15

It will cost me $1.15 to mail back your cards, in a 1 ounce letter. To cover costs both ways, I can take paypal, 2 US global stamps. Well hidden $2. And in some cases I can trade you for your countries postage, Canada, AU, France, UK, Since I join swaps hosted by international hosts. Contact me about your choice.

Other costs for international players.

If you want or prefer your cards hand canceled, please include a note, and include the extra 21 cents stamp or equivalent.

If you, yourself have sent cards that need to be hand cancelled please include the extra ounce 21 stamp equivalent for each card that needs to be hand cancelled. Since the cards would be sent to 5 different players. I don’t mind going to the PO to get cards hand cancelled.

Posting in this forum that you got your envelope, posting that you mailed and posting that you got your returns is an expectation for this swap. No silent swappers. Please do not make me track you down to get an update. We want to see you joining us in our journey.

* Please send each card in a protective plastic sleeve, individual or you can use a 3 side by side baseball sleeve. Either way is fine. If you send a baseball sleeve with your address label on it, I will do my best to return that to you with cards inside.

ABOUT RETURNS
* When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived, Then please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the players which cards you received too. Again no silent swappers.

So your read to here? How to join.
1. Post in the thread that you are willing to post before and after photos OR willing to read the FAQs to learn how to post before and after photos. OR that you know how to use flickr.com or photobucket or similar for links to photos of before and after photos.

AND

2. State you are sending me your mailing address in a PM, or state that you are in the CRRR and that the host (me) already has your address.

1. * Kynara BB 9/4
2. Creativek bb 7/12
3. SuzieG1013 BB 7/16
4. Nanvan 8/13
5. BluskyHare BB 7/6
6. Bunnymther BB 7/9
7. Bluesky BB 7/24
8. ThouArtDelyrias BB 6/28
9. Ali BB 7/3
10. KatelNorth BB 7/16
11. Marie BB 6/30
12. *ANGELJOY BB 6/28
13.* Bastcrystal BB 8/9
14. jazzears BB 8/23
15. Donnacr BB 8/31 R 7/13
16. Amychelle BB 8/8
17. *WykedCrafty R 6/25
18.* JavaZarf BB 7/21
19. Suzi BB 8-6
20. Haggmm BB 8/18
21. Pouringdiva BB 8/30
22. Catladybj BB 9/7
23. Pithier BB 8/29 R 7/2

One extra envelope JIC. Pm me if you want to play.

Last edited:
would love to join this please, I'm willing and able to post before and after pics and I'm PMing you my addy :cute:

thanks!

(and btw, i agree, 5 is the best number out there lol)

Hello, I'm willing communicate each step of the way! I able to post before and after pics and I'm PMing you my addy

thanks for hosting!

The first 3 envelopes addressed. They weighed less than an ounce. I then slipped in something for you. It is not nec to use it in the swap for any reason. Just a way to spread the love, or something like that.

I'm willing to take up the challenge - I love your swaps and love all the communication. I can scan the backgrounds the same way I scan my finished cards. Did I forget anything?

First off--OMG, did you REALLY make all of those cards?! :laugh:
Secondly--I promise to not be silent, to post that I've receive my backgrounds, that I've mailed my finished cards, and to post pics of my befores and afters.
Thirdly--I love corrugated cardboard. Just saying.... ;)

I would like to join. I have read the rules & will follow them to the letter(I’m a rule follower by nature :eek:)!
You have been a busy lady making all those backgrounds.

Secondly--I promise to not be silent, to post that I've receive my backgrounds, that I've mailed my finished cards, and to post pics of my befores and afters.

yes, I really did make all those cards over time. I sorted them. NEEDS more works was one category. a section of collaged backrounds is what I am sending folks. because of this swap I sorted out 23 envelopes with 6 cards each. 138 cards that I plan to give away.

They are in the envelopes already, I did them once when I was watching the diamondbacks.

I will get these envelopes off in Saturdays mail. When you get them you can post photos as early as you want, since the cards are not the same and you wont ruin the surprise for anyone.

i think i only have four needs more work that i have saved.
nobody would want to finish them, including me. But maybe someday..........

I cant imagine, having 4. You should send me one to challenge me. I like challenges.

Another swap I thought about hosting is a remodeling swap. You take 3 cards from your gallery that have been unclaimed and you make it better and send it in. Remodeling. I have some cards set aside for that. Sad lonely cards.

Add me..I'm willing and I have read the directions and will follow them.

I love this, I've never heard of a swap like this before!!! I will definitely communicate every step of the way, and am super excited... I will send you my address now :~)

CastleQueen5....are you crazy? This is a bizarre idea and sounds like a lot of work for everyone. I'm keeping an eye on it but can't commit yet due to an overload of commitments. I'll be able to let you know in a week or so....
Thanks for letting me know about this swap because it does peak my interest.:idea:

I will update right after dinner. Hubby cooked spaghetti with homemade sauce. I have to eat it and make many yumm noises since his love language is words of affirmation. Mine is acts of service so his cooking is nice.

I have to look up your address but will get this mailed out Monday, I do have your address saved, I believe.

ETA Sorry you are on the CRRR list so I have your info.

Last edited:
CastleQueen5....are you crazy? This is a bizarre idea and sounds like a lot of work for everyone. I'm keeping an eye on it but can't commit yet due to an overload of commitments. I'll be able to let you know in a week or so....
Thanks for letting me know about this swap because it does peak my interest.:idea:

Yes, Pretty sure I am off my rocker!

Back
Top Bottom