Box of Bountiful Backgrounds Boomering Back: B5 Mixed media due SEPT 5th 2018

Hope you are feeling better. My backgrounds came today! Just to clarify, you want a picture posted of the backgrounds as a group before I start working with them or to post a before and after picture of each card as I finish them? Also,are we allowed to alter the backgrounds in any way?

Hope you are feeling better. My backgrounds came today! Just to clarify, you want a picture posted of the backgrounds as a group before I start working with them or to post a before and after picture of each card as I finish them? Also,are we allowed to alter the backgrounds in any way?

Yes, do a before photos. and an after.

As far as altering, I figure you do have to cover at least some parts. I didnt address that question in my original rules. I dont want to alter the rules now. hahha alter. I could envision someone painting, gesso-ing, glittering. It would be nice if some part of the original background. Could you see someone ripping everything off or covering it with a new piece of paper? That isnt the spirit of the swap. Bottom line, they are yours now, do what you will.

I received my backgrounds today!! YAY! I am very excited to get going with them. Is it ok to post the before and after pics together (as bunnymther asked...) So that the difference can be seen or now with befores and later with afters?

I was going to take a before picture and after for each card and post them together - that way you can make a direct correlation between the original background and the new card. Hope that's okay?

Those backgrounds are so pretty, SuziG1013 - they look great already; can't wait to see what you do with them. Really looking forward to receiving my backgrounds!

Hello,
I am new but have already sent cards for a swap going on now and a single trade.
Would love to give this one a go if I can join with two feedbacks :)
I’ve read the rules and am able to post before and after pics.

I received my backgrounds today!! YAY! I am very excited to get going with them. Is it ok to post the before and after pics together (as bunnymther asked...) So that the difference can be seen or now with befores and later with afters?

YES post them together, but feel free to post them when you get them too.

CQ, could you please respond to post #47 and #48?

I feel like I already answered this in post 43, but I can see the difference in the questions. So I will reply to each post.

Sorry I have been very sick since Sunday. I am now starting to feel better BUT, and this is a big butt, my husband is now ill with a high fever. We have to go back to the Cancer institute daily for a bag if Antibiotics. I will be there Friday for about 4 hours and Saturday. They are doing all kinds of tests to find out where the infection is. They think it is viral. Some test results are pending.

So yes, you can post photos now of what was in your envelope. I do think others would like to see what challenges others have been given. We would love when you are done for you to again post the before picture so we can compare. And praise you for making such a brilliant card from an obvious scrappy background.

I hope you are are not scare away by the scrappiness of them. I really needed to downsize. So thanks for making something beautiful from my mess

I think I have updated all those who have told me that the envelop has arrived.

CQ5 - Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions in the midst of being ill and taking care of your husband! I'm so sorry to hear he has an infection with high fever! Having to attend the Cancer Institute daily for antibiotics sounds serious. I hope the tests identify the culprit and the infection will be under control SOON.

Back
Top Bottom