Box of Bountiful Backgrounds Boomering Back: B5 Mixed media due SEPT 5th 2018

I would like a spot. I have been waiting to finish another swap, but decided to jump in anyway.
I can post before and after pictures and do the other rules also.

CastleQueen5, I'm praying that all will improve with your husband's health and that you will stay healthy yourself. It's tough to be a caregiver even when you are feeling well.

CQ, I hope you (and your husband as well) are both feeling a bit better by now... sending positive thoughts your way!

Just want to report that I received my backgrounds yesterday (and remembered to take "before" pics)- definitely think that your scraps compare favorably with my end results!- and am SO excited to get to work on them! I love how different they all are from one another... it's a challenge that I'm looking forward to :~)

I got things updated. I did mail out envelopes before I headed back over to the hospital aka cancer center this am.

They just happened to have a 2 relaxing yoga classes for cancer patients or survivors*, while I was waiting for him. I did both. One was mild stuff with breathing, and the other was a lot of lying down while she played with a gong and some bowls. The first bowl, I thought someone was mowing the lawn. I got used to the noise and it seemed to help clear out my glogged ear.

In case you didnt know I get FREE yoga and art classes for the rest of my life. I was given a card for it 3 years ago for breast cance. I never went. It is kind of far away in this big city. Well now I am there at least once a week. I finally started taking the exercise classes to help get through the caregiving of Paul. As soon as he can drive I could go back to work. Right now he needs a caregiver and a driver.

Paul has to go back Saturday Sunday and Monday. to get a bag of iv antibiotics, they also give him a Push shot in his Port of a different Drug. So I am skipping working at the food bank, I already called my co-worker, they will survive.
We are still waiting viral test results. They are checking to see if he has infection in his Port lines. He has 3 lines in his chest.

He most likely got this from me, although he isnt sick in the same body parts. Mine was throat and ear, his is lungs and fever.

**** I have never liked the word survivor, I didnt just survive, I overcame, I was a victor, I was a THRIVEr.

Gee, CQ5, you got a lifetime pass for yoga and exercise; I got permanent neuropathy in my toes and fingers. :-) Actually, that's a wonderful and really positive thing to do for cancer "survivors". I don't like that word either.

You sound so busy, especially looking after Paul. Good that you treated yourself to 2 yoga classes at the hospital. Keep taking good care of yourself, too!

it was a new kind of yoga for me. A weird name.
Kundalini, I have never heard of it. Oh and the second class was Yoga Nidra gong/singing bowls.

I am taking an abstract art class when he has to go Monday.

AngelJoy, I love them. Glad you used the tiger postage stamp. I tried to use one on everyone's Envelope. I could not on Donnacr's I didnt have the right extra stamps to make it work.

I also used most of the extra piece of paper (the circus ticket) on several of the cards. It was a perfect little "extra" to get me started.
Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself while you are caring for your hubby.

I also used most of the extra piece of paper (the circus ticket) on several of the cards. It was a perfect little "extra" to get me started.
Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself while you are caring for your hubby.

I got 25 of those "free" tickets to the circus in the mail addressed to my husband's business. They are such a scam cause the adult tickets are pricey and the circus is cheesy, outdoors and hot. Yep I took my kids once.

Tips that might inspire you.

When you are stuck on these backgrounds. Add a flower, add a word or quote, add a gem, add a border, add an image. use some texture paste with a stencil or the like, Ink the edges and watch how that completes the card. I have some of the Nuvo drops, they are my new favorite tool. I have been adding dots to the edges of my cards. You can see some of my examples in my gallery.

Back
Top Bottom