Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due date: August 23
Signup/withdrawal date: August 17
Number of players: Unlimited
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Media: Open, except for Digital and stickers

i have found Greek Mythology fascinating and intriguing since I was in my teens. This is an Open Media swap with a very general theme. The twelve major Olympian gods and goddesses are listed below for your reference. You could also choose to portray a symbol, such as the golden apple from the Judgment of Paris, Apollo's lyre, or the winged sandals of Hermes. Or how about Medusa, the Sirens, the three Graces, or Pandora's Box? I hope you will join me in enjoying this theme, and share your creations when finished.

The Twelve Olympians:

1. Zeus - King of the gods
2. Poseidon- God of the sea
3. Hades - God of the underworld
4. Hestia - Goddess of the hearth
5. Hera - Queen of the gods, wife of Zeus, protector of marriage and women
6. Ares - God of war
7. Athena - Goddess of war and wisdom
8. Apollo - God of music, poetry and light
9. Aphrodite- Goddess of love and beauty
10. Hermes - Messenger for the gods
11. Artemis - Goddess of the hunt and the moon
12. Hephaestus- Blacksmith of the gods

Card Guidelines:
- Cards should measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and be sturdy enough to not easily bend into a U-shape.
- Cards should each be places in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal travel. Please use Washi tape or painters tape.
- Cards should be identified on back with your username, real name, and swap name. An extra "host card" is never necessary, but always appreciated!

Mailing Guidelines:

- Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send. I suggest allowing 7 days for U.S. players, and 14 days for International. If you need to withdraw, please let me know before my Withdraw date.
- U.S. players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include one Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- International players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include a U. S. One dollar bill or a global forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.

Lastly,when returns are received, remember to give "you rock" points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Player List:

1. Pouringdiva - RECEIVED
2. WITHDRAWN
3. Vegan4animals - RECEIVED
4. subconscious_ink - RECEIVED
5. WITHDRAWN
6. Yellita96 - RECEIVED
7. MisterLarson - RECEIVED
8. Tasha (RUSSIA) - RECEIVED
9. Redplantlady (UK) - RECEIVED
10. Ann_stebbing (FRANCE) - RECEIVED
11. Awelch - RECEIVED
12. Ornamentations - RECEIVED
13. MicheleMC - RECEIVED
14. Morgenvogel - (NETHERLANDS) - RECEIVED
15. Stahlrala - RECEIVED
16. WITHDRAWN
17. IamWhatonearth - RECEIVED
18. Oakville Girly (CANADA) - RECEIVED
19. Minibee1010
20. Jo.on.the.go - RECEIVED

Last edited:
  • Staff
Here are a couple of sample cards I made. They are Eos, Goddess of the Dawn, and Poseidon, God of the Sea:

• Staff
Welcome Lurkers! Hope you can eventually join.

Lurking. I have always loved Greek mythology. Some of my favorite stories were of Echo and Narcissus and of Psyche and Eros. Zeus was a shameless old cad. :twitcy: (checks for lightning...)

Last edited:
Hahaha (checking for lightning). I'm counting on you not being able to resist for long!

I remember in junior high we had studied world myths, and the Greek gods were the ones that seemed to have the most personality. Zeus was a dirty old man, Hera the jealous wife - there was a lot of shock from us kids to discover they were brother and sister. (Ewwwww!) I was so angry to learn that poor Medusa was punished so heavily for being a victim of an attack. Up to that point, I knew Medusa from the Harryhousen movie Clash of the Titans, and was an evil thing. The Greeks really had some awesome stories.

Oh gosh, and then I took mythology as a fun course when I first went to college and boy, did we get some lessons! Look up on how the Minotaur was made! What mind could even come up with that??

Right?? Some stories are a bit ridiculous, many violent, but all adventurous and interesting. So much to choose from for an illustration!

I thought you might like this one, Iam. Welcome to lurk, and you also, litefoot13!

Back
Top Bottom