Harry Potter Character Swap: Due Aug 17th

I was asking because my daughter was interested, and knowing swaps are 18 and older, she was hopeful to be let in.
If not, it's all good.

:)

Photo Pam— These are the rules for user trading. As long as you are the one arranging everything, I have no problem with reciving your daughters cards. You could mail some too if you’d like!
“You represent and warrant that you, as the person legally responsible for all use of this account, are at least 18 years of age. Parents who are themselves active artist members may trade for their under 18 children, but the children cannot be allowed their own account. Only an active adult member may have direct access to the account, including posting, uploading, and arranging trades.“

Oh, she is happy!! Let me have her make a couple cards before I commit her.

I would join, but know nothing about Harry potter... :huh:

MisterLarson -- YOur cards look amazing!! Thank you for posting them.

Photopam -- Hope she decides to join!

That's probably why I like him so much... Richard Harris's Dumbledore was infinitely closer to my vision of Dumbledore than was Michael Gambon's!

MisterLarson & Ali——while I don’t hate the Michael Gambon version of Albus, I liked Richard Harris version better! He was the Dumbledor that I imagined while reading the books!

Reactions: ali
Casivonmir— I love your Bellatrix!! You can draw the characters however you like! You can copy the actor or you can make your own verison of the character(:

She's perfect!

I've heard that from a lot of people that they like the Richard Harris' version best as he was most like the book. I watched the movies before reading any of the books, so enjoyed Gambon's Dumbledore a lot. But when I did read the books I found Dumbledore to be a bit more sinister (well maybe that's too strong a word. But secretive and up to something anyway) than either portrayal.

kentuckydakota said:
I found Dumbledore to be a bit more sinister (well maybe that's too strong a word. But secretive and up to something anyway) than either portrayal.

Good point, he was rather secretive and...a manipulator, let's face it, he was to use Harry like he did. Gambon might have more of that quality. I just like Richard Harris as King Arthur in Camelot ;) He's always been magical to me.

That's so interesting, kentuckydakota! In the books, Dumbledore was always this vision of warmth, gentleness, and comfort to me... calm, quirky, and unassuming, but frighteningly powerful when moved to action. My understanding certainly evolved as the books progressed and we learned more about him, but even as we discovered Dumbledore's past in HPDH, it reinforced my impression of him as the embodiment of greatness, despite his flaws. Harris conveyed such warmth and caring in his interactions with Harry that I was instantly sold on him as Dumbledore... Gambon was so much more abrasive, forceful, intense, and urgent that he never really meshed with my Dumbledore. Note that none of this took away from my enjoyment of the movies..... and that I was a child/adolescent when each book came out, which probably reinforced my rosy view and possibly naive trust in him ;~)

(Sorry for that long aside... I really wanted to write my undergrad thesis on HP, but couldn't find a professor willing to go along with it, ha!)

Back
Top Bottom