Harry Potter Character Swap: Due Aug 17th

Ali- Lol- thesis. That cracked me up!

I was explaining to my son about Dumbledore's back story in the books (based on our conversation here) which was only minimally touched on in the movies, and he was going, Wow! I think I would have found him so much more interesting if they'd added all that personality complexity rather than keeping him the "mentor trope" like a Gandalf/ ObiWan character.
So at least for him, the Dumbledore of the books didn't come through in the movies. He's never read the books. Philistine!!

-And yes my son does talk like that. He's my mini-nerd.

Ali-- I love the idea of writing a thesis on the complexities of Harry Potter!! That is amazing!

Kentuckydakota-- Your son sounds awesome!! Hahaha

Jenmcjen said:
I have learned that I'm not too bad at copying an image (and) using an image as a guide.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but that's what I always do. I find something I want to create then go online and find similar things to what I have in mind and use them as a guide. Most artist draw from something in real life to make their art....so you are in good company. :)

I was super jazzed about it... my whole basis was from the (now famous) line from Dumbledore to Harry in CoS where he says that it's our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. Based on that, I wanted to write the whole thing about the series and characters as exemplifying existentialism. Absurd? Yes (pun intended). Flimsy? Probably. Margins stretched to a full inch on each side so that it would meet a minimum page requirement? Most likely. Sadly, that's probably my best piece of writing that never was....

Back
Top Bottom