Marie

Marie
Media
Build a House with ATCs - Due August 31
Swap Due Date - August 31, 2018
Signup/withdraw date - August 15
Number of Cards – 6 for 6
Number of participants - 25

Let's build a house with ATCs! This swap is for three window cards, one door card, and one roof card PAIR. If you'd like to do three windows that are similar, that's fine, but no exact copies. Use paint, markers, collage, transfers, embossing, layers, fabric, etc… -- make it interesting! Your house can be a cottage, a castle, a Victorian mansion, a brownstone, anything that’s two stories high. You will receive in return *6 cards that create a ‘crazy quilt’ style house... entire roof will come from one player.

I will also be hosting a complementary swap that will consist of a 3:3 swap (one land, one horizon and one sky) which I HOPE will work out nicely for those who would like to form their returns from both swaps together as a pocket letter.

Details

• Roof cards may be shaped if you like but all other cards need to be straight-edged.
  • Roof cards MUST pair to compose both sides of one roof.
    (*You do NOT have to split the roof. You may send ONE 5 inch wide roof if you prefer.)
  • All other cards must be in an upright orientation.
  • In order to meld this house somewhat, PLEASE no ‘One Brief Season Only’ cards… ie no Christmas trees, snow, Jack-O-Lanterns etc… and DAYTIME is preferred. (We can do a night-time swap later).
  • Feel free to add interest by including people, pets, activities etc… what would you like to see?
  • No bulky/heavy embellishments.
  • Hostess cards are not required but would be cherished if sent, and ANY part of the house would be welcomed.
  • Have fun! ;)

Mailing:
Include a self-addressed envelope or large mailing label for returns.
Please protect your ATCs in sleeves. Roof cards do not need sleeves.

US participants: One Forever stamp plus one ‘extra ounce’

International participants: I will cover postage for the first international player to sign up. All others please send $2 US well concealed or contact me for PayPal information.

Sample images from a Swap Gallery circa 2008:

View attachment 196852 View attachment 196854 View attachment 196855

Who would like to build a whole new community?

Construction Crew:

1. CiCiCreatesOpen House!
2. Carol Open House!
3. pouringdiva Open House!
4. Bluesky Open House!
5. RaineyDay Open House!
6. AngelJoy Open House!
7. Monica Open House!
8. Lysankya Open House!
9. Greenpengirl Open House!
10. plumhill2001 Open House!
11. redplantlady Open House!
12. aaeshelman Open House!
13. KaHeD Open House!
14. Yonawrites Open House!
15. nanvan Open House!
16. Ali Open House!
17. Dee withdrawn
18. bastcrystal withdrawn
19. BeautyHidesPain
20. jjhere Open House!
21. tsmarie Open House!
22. roadbike831 Open House!
23. mrubyjean Open House!
24. CastleQueen5 Open House!
25. katelnorth Open House!
26. catladybj Open House!

Last edited:
I’ll do just that CiCi. So glad you’re here! I’m really excited about this one! It combines so many fun things!! :-)

Thanks ferretgirl! I hope you decide to join us!

Last edited:
I have a rather silly question, maybe just a little clarification. Are the sample cards what one might have sent you, or rather an example of what swapped out returns would look like? In other words, if they're going to be switched up anyway, do we make our initial cards more uniform, or do they even start out all mixed up? Hope my question is clear.

Welcome pouringdiva :-) I’ll add you to the list.

CiCi that’s entirely up to you ;-) The only ‘requirement’ is that if you do the roof as 2 atc’s ( as opposed to one 5 x 3.5 roof) both ATC ‘s must go together to form one cohesive roof. :-)

Last edited:
Wow, this is a neat idea. Think I'll lurk a bit. All of a sudden people are having some awesome, interesting swaps...I need more time!

Thank-you! I'm sure this will be so fun (once I take care of some earlier obligations...)

Welcome Bluesky. :-) I’ll add you straight away. ;)

You’re welcome to a seat on the lurkers couch foxgloves. Enjoy your visit. :-)

Marie, as you know I must clean up my craft room before I can join any more swaps.

Did you adjust the rules? One post stated the roof should be 2 pieces
the rules say on big one is ok. Not that I am joining anyway. (haha you know I will but need to stick to the letter of the law: No new swaps until I get that room clean or at least cleaner)

Whew Heather... you scared me! AFA without you playing just would NOT be the same. :twitcy: The roof can be done either way, as 2 ATC’s or as one larger card. (If you do it as one large card it counts as 2 of your 6 cards).

Roof cards MUST pair to compose both sides of one roof.
(*You do NOT have to split the roof. You may send ONE 5 inch wide roof if you prefer.)

Are you referring to post #7?

Back
Top Bottom