Mid-July PAT (Pick-a-Theme) Swap, Due Sept 24th 2018

So, tomorrow is the due date for this swap - I'm still waiting on three sets of cards - one, I fear, may be lost as it's been in the mail for ages. The other two were mailed much closer to the deadline, so there's a good chance they'll fly in tomorrow.

Although the swap deadline is tomorrow, I won't be able to get to the post office until probably Saturday, at least, so there's a little extra time for those last few sets to arrive. I have some stamps in hand already, so I may be able to send some groups things straight away, rather than waiting until I can get to the PO. We'll see!

:( The saddest part is I sent them in separate envelopes because one group (3) was bulky. It is the NON bulky group that has not arrived!! Very frustrating! I am sooo sorry!

I'm sure no one thinks it's your fault, Lisa. So frustrating! I feel so fortunate so far regarding mail issues, I'm sure my "turn" is coming.

My heart lifted when I saw I had post from you today, Lisa, but it wasn't the PAT cards, it was RR cards. Bummer.

And of course, who knows, if you'd sent them both together, they might BOTH have ended up not arriving! That would have been even worse!

:( The saddest part is I sent them in separate envelopes because one group (3) was bulky. It is the NON bulky group that has not arrived!! Very frustrating! I am sooo sorry!

They might come back to you Lisa, I have envelopes returned to me from UK to Kate, saying the address was incorrect. Except it wasnt so it might have went that route and you get them back. I resent the envelope 3rd time and yep she got it.

Just got my cute card from Kynara in Group 1 (before all the rest). Funny how these things work out, all is good as far as I’m concerned.

Thanks for letting me know - you'll get back the cards you made for Kynara in with your returns, so you can post them directly to her once they get back to you.

MAIL CALL: Dee, your cards are here.

And, wonder of wonders (yippee, yay yay), ThouArtDelyrias's Group 5 cards have arrived today as well - goodness knows why they seemed to take the slow, scenic route (postmarked 27 August) - but they are here now, and that's what matters.

I am waiting for one more set of cards for Group 2, which (to the best of my knowledge) have been mailed, so hopefully they will get here before my 2 week mailing limit. But everything else is good to go, and should be in the post by Friday. I'll keep you posted, though.

Hey guys, I just checked my email and looked at my Informed Delivery Daily Digest from USPS, and it looks like my envelope came back to me. I don't know why. Really frustrated and wonder why it took this long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180926-124830_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20180926-124830_Gmail.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 14
It happens. I've had an envelope returned to me and the right address was on it. Crazy. I make sure I always post my cards before I mail for that reason! Sometimes you are not believed. At least you have proof.

I'll get cards out as soon as I get addresses. I used a work envelope and thank goodness I whited out the address and put my home address since our office just moved. Otherwise, they probably would have floated around longer before being forwarded to the new office. UGH!!! I LOVE PAT swaps, but stopped doing them since I always seem to have bad luck.

I'm just glad they weren't lost for good, artsylola.

I've spent a while this evening swapping out the cards! (It was great fun to look at how different people interpreted the same theme - all really well, of course, just differently.) Some of them will go in the post tomorrow - all the lightweight ones (e.g. if you were only in a HD/HP group), and all the European ones. Some of the rest will go out, but I ran out of stamps and can't get to the PO until Friday, so there are 7 more to post on Friday: Sorxia, Dee, TAD, ferretgirl, carol (2 envelopes because your steampunk cards were really bulky), castlequeen5 and catladybj. Everyone else, they'll be on the way tomorrow.

Hit the post office this afternoon after work, and just made the last collection, so all the rest of the returns are now in the post. Yay! Hope they will start arriving to places outside the UK soon...

My wonderful returns arrived today. They are all terrific and I feel very lucky to have played in this PAT. Thanks to ferretgirl, ThouArtDelyrius (x2), sorxia, smallgirl,JudyLee, and Carol for their amazing artwork and a huge thanks to katelnorth for hosting.

Back
Top Bottom