katelnorth

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
ALL RETURNS WERE MAILED OUT BY FRIDAY 28 SEPTEMBER

Swap Due Date
24 September 2018
Recommended last mailing date for players outside the UK: 10 September

Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group (if your group doesn't fill, you may end up making fewer)
Number of participants - 5 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the Mid-July 2018 Pick-A-Theme Swap

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

As it is not possible to simply withdraw from a PAT swap if you have problems near the due date, I strongly suggest not waiting until the last minute to mail cards. This is particularly true as I am in the UK, so you will need to allow longer for mailing (you may not need it - sometimes cards come to me faster than to people within the US, but you need to allow the extra time just in case). I'd suggest at least 2 weeks mailing time. I know life sometimes gets in the way, but if you try to get to your cards early on, there's less chance of personal crisis/illness/the postal service making things go haywire.

General Information:

~ This swap contains 5 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled or three weeks before the deadline if some groups don't fill.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO Bulky embellishments (If you think it might be too bulky don't use it.)
~ Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw or change your theme, as some artists start making their cards immediately
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before 24th Sept 2018 . I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out some way.

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Generic/Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. Regular themes are those which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage image - for example: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. Please note that real people or characters in books & movies are not regular themes! Something from a specific artist or person is not a regular theme, either. Because this is my first time hosting a PAT, I will be sticking to mainly generic and regular themes, the exception will be the APC Group, as I know that many people have decks in progress already which may have more specific themes. Let's ease in gently :)

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them; if not, please protect them in some other way and I will provide the sleeves.

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post scans of your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but is always appreciated!

Mailing Information:

All participants: Please enclose a large address label or envelope with your address clearly written.

In the UK: Please enclose a SAE or UK stamps to the value required to send your cards to me.

International Players: Please enclose $2 or 2 x global forever stamps with your cards - do not attach these to your envelopes - I cannot use them to send mail to you, but I can use them to play in other swaps here in the forum. Alternatively, I can accept paypal; pm me for my address.

Last edited:
Mid-July PAT (Pick-a-Theme) Swap, Due 24th Sept 2018

Players:

The Groups:

Group 1: Generic/Regular Themes: HD/HP FULL
1. Sorxia - Cactus Terrariums- cards received - returns received
2. BexMadeMe - a girl with her doll - cards received - returns received
3. plumhill2001 - selfportrait (can be either realistic or whimsical/cartoony) - cards received -returns received
4. CiCiCreates - kitten with yarn - cards received- returns received
5. kynara - "wolpertinger" - rabbit with fangs, antlers and wings (cards mailed to players individually) - returns received

Group 2: Generic/Regular Themes: HD/HP FULL
1. artsylola - Portrait of a Fantasy Queen - cards mailed to players individually
2. deblit - Frida Kahlo - cards received - returns received
3. Dee - cat(s) - cards received- returns received
4. NatashaMay - French bulldog with a hat - cards received
5. karenr - Alice in Wonderland - cards received- returns received

Group 3: Generic/Regular Themes: Collage FULL
1. ThouArtDelyrias - purple butterfly (ies) cards received - returns received
2. ferretgirl - animals in hats cards received- returns received
3. dithespy - steampunk cards received- returns received
4. Carol - steampunk cards received
5. Sorxia - Whimsical Mushroom Houses cards received- returns received

Group 4: Generic/Regular Themes: Collage FULL
1. catladybj - whimsical mushroom house(s): zentangles, gnomes and/or faeries welcome but not required cards received
2. carol - houses (not shaped cards, just a house theme) cards received
3. Haagmm - bridges - cards received returns received
4. katelnorth - dragonflies - cards received
5. castlequeen5 - sunflowers cards received- returns received

Group 5: APCs - Any media/any theme FULL
1. ThouArtDelyrias - butterflies. p2: 4 diamonds, p3: 3 diamonds; p4: 2 diamonds; p5: A spades - cards received - returns received
2. dithespy - fish. p1: A clubs; p3: 2 clubs; p4: 3 clubs; p5: 5 clubs cards received- returns received
3. JudyLee - moon and text. p1: Q hearts; p2: Q diamonds; p4: Q spades; p5: Q clubs cards received- returns received
4. CastleQueen5 - cactus/cacti. p1: Q hearts; p2: Q diamonds; p3: Q spades; p5: Q clubs cards received- returns received
5. Smallgirl - Any of my favourite fairy tales (see this post). p1: 9 spades; p2: A clubs; p3: K clubs; p4: 2 clubs cards received- returns received

Last edited:
Oh boy! I get to be first!!! YAY!
Group 3 - Purple butterfly(ies)
Group 5 - butterfly(ies) p2, 4 of diamonds, p3, 3 of diamonds, p4 2 of diamonds, p5 Ace of Spades

Could I join Group 3 - Steampunk
and Group 5 - Fish (Player 1 :A clubs, Pl 2 - me, Player 3: 2 Clubs, Player 4: 3 Clubs, Player 5: 5 Clubs

CastleQueen5 and I are having similar thoughts..... I'd like Group 1, my theme: Cactus Terrariums. I'd also like Group 3, theme: Whimsical Mushroom Houses. Thanks!

Wow, spend 12 hours at school (we had two performances of our Year 6 leavers' play today) and when you come back, it's Grand Central Station ;)

Welcome to ThouArtDelyrias, ferretgirl, dithespy, JudyLee, Carol, CastleQueen5 and Sorxia.

Group 3 is full. If Group 4 fills up really quickly and there is demand for it, I can change Group 2 to something other than HD/HP like a second APC group or more collage/open media. I'll keep an eye on it.

Carol, I've put your theme down as steampunk for group 3 because House Shaped ATCs (which is what I was assuming you meant) are not actually allowed in PAT swaps. If that's a problem, let me know.

I would like to join group 5, please. Theme and cards:

Theme: any of my favourite fairy tales- The Musicians of Bremen, The Snow Queen, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Little Red Riding Hood

Player 1- 9 of spades
Player 2- A of clubs
Player 3- K of clubs
Player 4- 2 of clubs

Last edited:
Welcome smallgirl, catladybj and BexMadeMe.

Catladybj, I'm sorry, but with smallgirl's theme, group 5 is full. I have added you to group 4, though.

If there's enough interest from other players, I will change group 2 to an APC group intead of HD/HP - if I do that, you can be the first person in it!

Hello! My group 5 theme is moon and text.
P1: queen of hearts P2: queen of diamonds P4: queen of spades P5: queen of clubs

Thank you!!

Hi Carol - did you see my post about house shaped ATCs not being allowed in PAT swaps? If you don't want shaped ATCs, but just a house theme, that's fine, just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom