A Face, A Fowl, and A Fruit. A HandDrawn/HPainted color palette swap. Due Sept 15.

dorothygilmore

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date - September 15
Signup/withdraw date - No sign-up swap. I will add your name to the list when I receive your cards.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited
Medium: handdrawn/handpainted

For this swap, you will make 3 cards: one with a face, one with a fowl (any bird), and one with a fruit.
You will use one limited color palette for all your cards. You get to choose FIVE colors to use in your palette. (Don't forget to include black or grey, if you're using them.)
Pochadiva hosted this swap originallally in 2012 and I thought it was a fantastic idea. She has graciously allowed me to host the theme again.

RULES:
*My definition of HD/HP is using ONLY pencils, pens, markers, and paints.
*Your cards should be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges.
*Do your best work. Only send cards you would be happy to receive! I will be trading apparent effort for effort.
*Cards should be sturdy! If you can bend your card into a "U" shape, it is not sturdy enough.
* Each card should be sent it's own plastic sleeve.
* Please include at least your username and swap name on the back of your cards
*Remember to leave iTrader for me (host) and You Rocks to those whose cards you received!

MAILING:

* USA: Please send a large mailing label (or piece of paper) with your name and address and the same amount of postage it takes to mail me your cards. I will provide envelopes.

*INTERNATIONAL: Please send a large mailing label (or piece of paper) with your name and address . A well concealed US dollar or US stamp would be appreciated, but I will take care of the postage if you can't. If you'd rather use PayPal, just send me a PM.

*Mail usually only takes 3-5 days to get to me if it's within the US. If international, two weeks ahead is probably best, but use your best judgement.

* Please PM me for my address when you're ready

*Host cards are much appreciated, but are not required.

I have received your cards:
1. Suzi
2. DeniseMDupree
3. Casivonmir
4. Sorxia
5. Rosa
6. Bruised
7. Dorothygilmore

Last edited:
Suzi, there's some examples from the previous swap in the swap gallery. I also reccomend searching "5 color palette" on Google or pinterest for ideas :)

Plenty of time still, ann! Hope you can join.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Prex79! I'll add your name to the list when I receive your cards. I'm doing a no sign-up swap in hopes that it will be more easy going :)

A Question (well 3 actually).

1. Do we have to use all 5 chosen colours on each card?
2. Do we have to choose a specific colour ie 'Crimson Lake', or just 'Red' so we could use the Carmine and Crimson?
3. Can we use metallic versions of the colours?

I am assuming we can't 'mix' our chosen colours. (otherwise red, yellow and blue would just about cover it ;) ).

I hope you will play, Denise :)

Ann, great questions!
1. Yes, the goal is to use all 5 colors on each card. But I'm ok with it if you want to omit 1 or 2 of the colors for a card. At least 3 of your color palette should be used on each card.
2. I would like for you to choose a specific color/tone/shade. Reason I say this is because one could have a bunch of one color. For example, I have 6 red markers. To me, that takes away the challenge of choosing a small set of colors to work with.
3. I don't mind at all if you choose to use metallics in your palette. That actually gets me thinking about using the new gold and silver gel pens I got :)

If I choose 5 markers and I do a shading with a mix of 2 colours would that be considered as a 6th colour or is that allowed?

Back
Top Bottom