What's Through The Window -- Due October 5, 2018

Fantastic cards, SpottedCrow! And yours, too, Vicki! Now I feel behind - I've only got one done. Time to get busy. I hope it's okay that I'm going to use some photographs that I took in Autumn in New England a few years ago as the scenes looking out the window in a few ATCs. One I literally shot through Rebecca Nurse's bedroom window (outside of Salem). Of course I'll be adding to the scenes.

Fantastic cards, SpottedCrow! And yours, too, Vicki! Now I feel behind - I've only got one done. Time to get busy. I hope it's okay that I'm going to use some photographs that I took in Autumn in New England a few years ago as the scenes looking out the window in a few ATCs. One I literally shot through Rebecca Nurse's bedroom window (outside of Salem). Of course I'll be adding to the scenes.

Your cards sound fabulous! Autumn in New England is beautiful, so I am sure your scenes looking out the window will be wonderful.

I mailed my cards today so hopefully you will have them some time this coming week.

Thanks for letting me know.
I usually get mail in 3-4 days, so you are correct.
I should have them some time this coming week.

Yes, in swaps, sometimes people do vastly different cards,
but sometimes people also do very similar cards.
People who do different cards are often trying out new supplies (always FUN), or they may be trying out new techniques (always frustrating and rewarding at the same time).

Your Sizzix window sounds wonderful. Use it!
YES, it is okay if all your cards have the same window.
NO, you will NOT be considered a bad artist if you do your own style of art. That is what art is all about.
Using the same window is never a problem, as long as all your cards have some differences that make each card unique, which you indicate your cards do.

I usually try to show a variety of sample cards, all different, so artists are free to interpret the swap rules with some flexibility. This does not mean cards can't be similar.

So send me the same window on your cards.
I have several die cut windows, but I don't believe I have a Sizzix window, so it will be fun to see yours.
I LOVE windows that open!!!!

Wonderful cards received from BlancoLobo and Carol.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card..

Thanks so much Vicki. Technically my windows are only Sizzix cuz that’s what I used to make them. They are some other brand I can’t think of now. One of them, though too big for an ATC, looks almost like the TARDIS!

Thanks for your update.
I was beginning to think I was going crazy.
I have been checking out all the "Sizzix" windows I could find to see what you might have, that I don't have, in the way of die cut windows, and was not having much success.......
Now I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what you create.

Please post some pictures if you can.

Well, I've done two now and am working on the third. My windows themselves are nothing special (no pretty die-cuts, vellum or acetate) since they are all HD/HP. I did actually like my sheer curtains in one though.....courtesy of transparent watercolors. Hope to post pics soon. If anyone is ready for Fall, it is me. It is unusually hot here, where it is always hot, and we still have September to get through.

Back
Top Bottom