Illustrated Literature: Fiction ~ Hand Drawn/Hand Painted, Mixed Media ~ Due Sep 29

Welcome, Siempie_h! I'm thrilled to see some of our newer members joining in! You two feel free to ask if you have any questions about anything!

Here's some random quotes, just to get into the mood of things!

"Calories don’t count if they’re connected to a celebration. Everyone knows this." ~Stephanie Plum from Hard Eight. (Janet Evanovich.

“It is at this point that normal language gives up, and goes and has a drink.” The Color of Magic (Terry Pratchet)

“Tommy told Sal about the strange white-cloth figure with black stitches that he had found on the front porch.
"Sounds like Pillsbury Doughboy gone punk," Sal said.” Tick Tock (Dean Koontz)

Hello, all! A few more quotes to keep those creative juices flowing! (And no, I haven't read all of these...many of these quotes are from Goodreads)

“Georgie, what time is it?”
“Cute o’clock,” I relented. “It’s cute o’clock, okay, you psychopath.” Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno

“Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear.” Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

“I don't like your tone," was Violet's standard answer when one of her children was winning an argument. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn

“Boyfriend huh? I didn't realize we had taken things to that level."
"Oh, I'm sorry--this is my first undercover operation," Jordan said. "I'm a little unclear about the rules. Are we seeing other people in this fake relationship?” A Lot Like Love by Julie James

Last edited:
Hello, MichelleMC! I hope you find the inspiration! Weeding through books (especially if they're your favorite books) is one of the best parts. I have to cheat by browsing through Goodreads since I dont have a lot of free time. However, I AM adding to my reading wish-list, and that's it's own kind of fun. :cute:

oooh..... this looks interesting! I think I will have to give it a go, please sign me up :D

now I just have to think about my fave book scenes...... too many choices!

I think I have my Scenes! One of my favourite, and most oft read (especially by the condition of the book) books is Anne McCaffreys 'Crystal Singer' Chronicles. I have the complete 3-in-1 book, and I have chosen to do scenes inspired by the main character Killashandra Ree, at some of the pivotal points in her character.

I almost went with Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurt's Mistress of the empire series, because Mara of the Acoma is fantastic, but I was feeling nostalgic!

Asharnanae, sounds fantastic! I remember reading book 1 of the Crystal Singer series. I'll have to look it up because I dont remember reading the other two....I love Anne McCaffery!

Its times like these that make me wish I could draw people better!

Here are today's literary quotes:

“Morning sickness and bank robbery doesn't mix well.” The Stainless Steel Rat's Revenge by Harry Harrison

“Tell them, Gabrielle,” Adam urged impatiently.
Blinking, Gabby nodded. “I have one of the, er… fairies here with me –”
“Tuatha Dé,” Adam corrected irritably. “You’re bloody well making me sound like Tinkerbell.” The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

“Rain slowly slides down the glass as if the night is crying.” Trace by Patricia Cornwell

The Old Man and The Sea! Right? I had to read that in high school. Great card! I love that it's a silhouette.

Here is today's installment of fiction quotes!

“Words were so puzzling. Present should mean a present just as attack should mean to stick tacks in people.” Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary

“Villains!' I shrieked. 'Dissemble no more! I admit the deed! Tear up the planks! Here, here! It is the beating of his hideous heart!” The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe

“It was the strangest sort of fear. Unspecified. Like walking in the woods at night, not knowing exactly what you should be afraid of, and the fear all the more potent precisely because of its mystery.” Pines by Blake Crouch

“There was a steady drizzle when they left for the tower. Moist drove the cart, with the others sitting on the load behind him and bickering over trigonometry. Moist tried not to listen; he got lost when maths started to get silly.” Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Back
Top Bottom