Illustrated Literature: Fiction ~ Hand Drawn/Hand Painted, Mixed Media ~ Due Sep 29

Howdy howdy! Time for your daily dose of high (fictional) literature!

The Siamese had finished their three-hour morning nap and had not yet settled down for their four-hour afternoon siesta. It was their Mischief Hour. Yum Yum was batting a pencil she had stolen from the writing table, and Koko was parading around with a sweat sock that Qwilleran used for biking. The Cat Who Went Underground by Lillian Jackson Braun

“What are you doing?”
“What does it look like I’m doing?”
“It looks like you’re putting pants on that dog.”
“Then that’s what I’m doing.” The Obsession by Nora Roberts (**Note: I edited out some potentially offensive language.)

“It's like Hooker Barbie masquerading as Nancy Drew” No Turning Back by Tiffany A. Snow

I'm so sorry - I forgot to add more quotes this weekend! Here are some quotes for today, though.

“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

“Oh, boy! A bone! I love bones. I take it over to gnaw on in front of the cube door. This is the best place to see the entire yard.” Pets in Space by Lea Kirk

"Oh, I've just got to hug somebody! You!" And she hugged Puck, the little ghost horse. "And you." She hugged Pook, and Peek, and even the nose of the moat monster. "But not you," she decided, encountering the zombie.” Crewel Lye by Piers Anthony

So I keep looking through my books for ideas on what to draw...and then I find myself reading the book instead of drawing! Oops :twitcy:

LOL! That's the dangerous part! But also fun!

And lurkers welcome, BluSkyHare! Hope you can find the time to join in!

My cards are ready for mailing!
View attachment 198157 "Who has more pockets than a magician?
A Boy.
Whose pockets contain more than a Magicians?
A Boy's"
From "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury.

View attachment 198156 "We'll all sit together on a rock and sing a song to the Moon."
From "Mary Poppins" by PL Travers

View attachment 198155 "Suddenly the day was gone. Night came out from each tree and spread"
From "The Halloween Tree" by Ray Bradbury

View attachment 198158 "There they all were, all together, up in the air>"
From Mary Poppins by PL Travers

I love the art. Please sign me up.
Ive attached photos of an Illustrated Literature event sponsored by my library. All art was dimensional and exhibited in
a park near my house. Make way for ducklings, Martha and George, and Watership Down (such cute bunnies in the pond). There was hobbit houses on a hill.. and some exhibits in the woods.

.F1BB0E33-8908-4A9F-95F2-5B09042433F4.jpg294E2292-B69A-40CC-BF57-691227872CB6.jpegACD38ED8-6E48-489B-B55F-85953609712B.jpeg

Wow, what a fun idea! It's a great way to get some community involvement and to foster a love of read.

And welcome CherylS! So happy to have you join us!

Apologies to the rest - I am studying for a computer certification test (practice test tomorrow), so I haven't been able to look up and post lines from books lately. I promise I will, but it may be a few more days.

Thank you, Nanvan! I did about where I expected to be. Now I know where to focus on.

Mail call! Siempe_h, your wonderful cards has arrived! Thank you so much for the hostie and goodies!

Yay! Let me know when you are ready for my address, CherylS. Can't wait to see what you've made!

Mail call! I received Dithespy's wonderful cards today! Thank you so much for the hostie! :wubclub:

Would anyone else like to join? There are plenty of spots left open!

Back
Top Bottom