Illustrated Literature: Fiction ~ Hand Drawn/Hand Painted, Mixed Media ~ Due Sep 29

Thank you! I will keep my eye out for them.

Just a friendly reminder that cards are due in two weeks!

I've tried posting this a couple days ago, but my internet has been spotty - hopefully this will go through this time:

Donnacr's beautiful cards came in, but unfortunately, the post office machines damaged them a bit by putting puncture marks in them. *I* still think they are worth trading for, but I am also not going to trade them out without the recipient knowing about the damage. Please look at the images below and PM me if you will be okay with receiving one of the cards (let me know which ones you would be okay with and which ones you will NOT be okay with.)

There is no guarantee that you will get a 'claimed' card, as it will depend on the responses I get. If I don't get a PM from a player, I will assume you do not wish to have one of the cards. That's okay - there's no pressure either way, as I plan to consider any un-claimed cards as a personal trade with Donnacr. One way another, Donnacr will get three Illustrated Fiction cards! :yes:

Here are what the cards look like:
Dragon cards.jpg

And here are close-ups of the damage (circled in red).
Close-up of damage Dragon cards.jpg

Edited to add: I am going to ask this swap to be moved to the "Active" thread, as I am two weeks out from the due date. Please let me know if you need to withdraw or have any questions!

Last edited:
I received a set of stunning cards from Kentuckydakota - thank you so much for the host card!

Two sets of absolutely STUNNING cards just flew in from Karenr (whoo hoo! They made it!) and Asharnane! :jiggy: Thank you both so much for the host cards!

Thank you - not a problem. Through hosting these two swaps I have learned that it tends to take a couple extra days for things to get to me, so I had planned to give it some extra time anyway. (I'm in a more rural area, so everything has to go to a processing center before it reaches me.)

Foxglove, it can't possibly take longer than it takes for mail from San Francisco to Sacramento (about 100 miles apart). I've had mail go across country that took a shorter time. I just never quite figure it out.

I forgot to photograph my cards before I packed them up. Arghh. I illustrated sentences from one of my favorite books, Memoir of a Polar Bear. It's a fairly contemporary book written by a Japanese writer who lives in Germany and is a work in translation.

Sounds wonderful! I can post photos on your behalf. It won't be a problem, as I plan to make a swap gallery for this swap, using a card from each person.

Here are two of my cards for this swap. Both are colored with alcohol markers (the first I've used them.) The Bird Woman is from Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers and the Rag Doll is from Tick Tock, by Dean Koontz.

Illus Fiction.jpg

Beautiful cards from Allegrae and TrinaLD have arrived! :jiggy: Thank you both for the host cards!

These are the last two sets I was expecting, so I should be able to swap these out tomorrow and have them in the mail no later than Saturday! I'm so excited to send all these awesome cards to their new homes...I think you all will be so happy with them.

Edited to add Trina's cards. TrinaLD_fiction.jpg

Last edited:
This is my third card for the swap - cards are being traded out tonight and will be mailed tomorrow! :jiggy:
Foxglove_fictionII.jpg

Meet Carol. She got stressed and hijacked a frito lay truck, and when she failed to appear for her court appearance, Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter extraordinaire, had to go pick her up. From Janet Evanovich's 'Ten Big Ones'...the full quote is:

"The door flew open and Carol stood in the doorway, holding a bag of Cheez Doodles. Her hair was smudged with orange doodle dust and stood out from her scalp like an explosion had gone off inside her head. Her mascara was smudged, her lipstick eaten off, replaced with orange doodle stain."

Fabulous cards have arrived in my mailbox from karenr, cheryls, and Meraki. Thank you so much for hosting a terrific swap, Foxglove.

o_O. You're in France, but they have already arrived? Before they made it to the US addresses?

I don't know how that happened, but I'm glad they made it to you so fast!

Back
Top Bottom