Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date - October 6, 2018
Signup/withdraw date - September 29
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants: 25

This swap is all about vintage aviation (any kind of pre-1950's aircraft and/ or its pilot/ aeronaut) represented in mixed media goodness!

Please remember that the essence of "mixed media" means more than one medium. Collage in and of itself is not mixed media. Please use multiple distinct media/ techniques. Possibilities include ink, pencils, paint, stamps, transparencies, embossing, small/ thin embellishments (tiny brads, flat charms, etc.), epoxy, crackle medium, fabric, stitching, beeswax... and I'm sure there's lots of other stuff I'm forgetting! Get creative and think layers! (Please no loose glitter or super thick embellishments!)

The nuts and bolts:
- All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
- No really heavy or bulky embellishments. I mean it. If it's more than an eighth of an inch think, do not put it on your card!
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- Please include your username and the swap name on the back of all cards. Including a list of the media you used would also be helpful.
- Please only send work you are proud of. No falling off bits, bad coloring, slap-dash work, etc. Make sure the media you are using incorporate into a nice whole. Make it look like you worked hard.

Mailing:
- Include your username on your SASE.
- US Participants – Include a stamped, self addressed envelope with at least .71 postage, since mixed media cards tend to be a bit thicker. Even if your own cards aren't thick, your returns might be! (However, if you are sending really thick cards (nooo!), please go back and read the directions!)
- International participants – Please include a label with your name and address, and either one US dollar, approximately $1.15 in US postage, unused postage from the UK, Canada, or Austraila, or PayPal.

Please note the October 6 due date. I tend to mail out returns fairly promptly, so plan to be on time. I will not wait for late cards.

Who would like to play?

1. Mushu-- RECEIVED!

2. Foxglove-- RECEIVED!
3. Bishopsmate-- RECEIVED!
4. Strivaria-- RECEIVED!

5. CastleQueen5-- RECEIVED!
6. notinkansas-- RECEIVED!
7. Suzi-- RECEIVED!
8. JenUrebel-- RECEIVED!

Last edited:
Me please!!!
Just bought a stamp set (Creative Expressions) and it has a bi-plane included ...... gonna find lots of ways to use it now!!!

Awesome! Welcome, Bishopsmate!

Hope you'll join us, notinkansas!

Still seriously lurking....I love this theme. Just have to find the time! I had fun making the cards for the Map It swap using an aviation theme.

Still seriously lurking....I love this theme. Just have to find the time! I had fun making the cards for the Map It swap using an aviation theme.

Your cards for that swap helped inspire this one! :) Hope you'll play-- but I definitely wish there were more hours in the day to join all the swaps I want to join, too.

I was going to jump right in, but I read someone's wise words that I should make sure I have the required images. I know for fact I gave a pass to a bi plane rubber stap at the used book store, Bookman's I could go back this week. So lurking with intent. I like the theme alot. Thanks for hosting.

I don't usually join a swap til I have the cards done, but I love aircraft, especially vintage, and I'd like to get in on this.

Back
Top Bottom