Mixed Media Vintage Aviation Swap~ Due October 6, 2018

I have one airplane stamp by Tim Holtz. I will be hunting out historical images because I have an idea of highlighting points in aviation history.

I have one airplane stamp by Tim Holtz. I will be hunting out historical images because I have an idea of highlighting points in aviation history.

Ooh, can't wait to see!

Great idea. I had looked at vintage images on google before you mentioned the historical aspect.

I found planes from WW1 and WW 2 and spirit of St Louise and of course Amelia and some planes from Kitty Hawk.

There's so many choices....do you go with a first (I think I want to highlight either Bessie Coleman or Willa Brown Chappell), or the brave aerobatic fliers? Perhaps a war hero? Or highlight an aircraft itself, like the RB-45C or the Mosquito? This swap has me all kinds of excited!

There's so many choices....do you go with a first (I think I want to highlight either Bessie Coleman or Willa Brown Chappell), or the brave aerobatic fliers? Perhaps a war hero? Or highlight an aircraft itself, like the RB-45C or the Mosquito? This swap has me all kinds of excited!

Go with Bessie and Willa! Those are very unfamiliar to me and would love to know more.

I've been looking thru my pictures of past air shows and I have a couple of vintage planes so far. Do you mind if I post them for folks to use if they need inspiration or something to print out and use? If I can find them, I have a ton of pictures from the Air and Space Museum in DC and the annex at the Dulles VA airport that might also yield some vintage airplane related things. I should also have pictures from the many times me and my folks stopped at the Wings of Freedom exhibits, usually a B24, B25 and a B17, when they stop in the area.

I've been looking thru my pictures of past air shows and I have a couple of vintage planes so far. Do you mind if I post them for folks to use if they need inspiration or something to print out and use?

Go for it! How very cool! :)

Cool beanies! Alrighty, so far I've just got a Corsair and an admittedly more modern biplane. I also ran the Corsair pic through a filter in my image editor (GIMP) that I thought was cool, so I'm including it.

corsair_color.jpgcorsair_inkwash.jpgbiplane_color.jpg

I loved the photos and the way you used GIMP.

I am working on the bucket list swap, which ok involves jumping out of plane. Skydiving. I will work on these ones soon. I only have one cards started so far. It needed more so it is marinating in mystical muse juice.

Back
Top Bottom