Mixed Media Vintage Aviation Swap~ Due October 6, 2018

I am loving those cards, Notinkansas! I feel inspired by them, and am starting to formulate some ideas...

Indeed... the swap out is almost exactly a month away! Hope everyone is contemplating their cards, and that maybe a few more people will join us :)

View attachment 198805
if these are okay...sign me up!

These are fabulous, notinkansas! I'm lurking right now. Really love this theme, but I am having some serious printer problems. My old printer died simply because the power bar accidentally got switched off while it was printing. Now, my brand new printer is printing green. Ugh.

These are fabulous, notinkansas! I'm lurking right now. Really love this theme, but I am having some serious printer problems. My old printer died simply because the power bar accidentally got switched off while it was printing. Now, my brand new printer is printing green. Ugh.

Oh TSMarie where is the teenage boy when you need him? Mine moved to Chicago?

So far I changed a light bulb, changed the AC air filter, taken out the cat litter many times, and taken out the garbage. I miss him for other reasons beside the MAN things he can do. Oh technically he is not longer a teen, he turned 20.

Just a tip, you might find some Airplanes on postage stamps. Canceled of course. Want me to send you some?

Oh TSMarie where is the teenage boy when you need him? Mine moved to Chicago?

So far I changed a light bulb, changed the AC air filter, taken out the cat litter many times, and taken out the garbage. I miss him for other reasons beside the MAN things he can do. Oh technically he is not longer a teen, he turned 20.

Just a tip, you might find some Airplanes on postage stamps. Canceled of course. Want me to send you some?

Haha! I was actually already eyeing a couple of stamps that I have with vintage planes, so no worries! :) But thank you for the kind offer!

Hope you'll end up joining us, TSMarie! And keep in mind you could always draw something, too, as long as the card contains multiple media. (Not that vintage airplanes are necessarily easy to draw, but there are options!)

I still plan on sending cards, but I have to rethink things...the first one didn't turn out how I envisioned it, and my printer is out of ink, so I need to rethink things. It's funny, because I was thinking that great....now I will have to draw a plane. And I don't draw well!

Ha! Well, there are always hot air balloons? Zeppelins? Or pilots, if drawing people is easier...

Miss, is this okay? She is a WWII WASP that I drew over a gessoed bookpage, and she's colored mostly with Neocolors (water soluble crayons) and water color pencils. I'm not the best at drawing people....

WWII WASP.jpg

If this is okay, I have a question - Would it be okay if some of the drawings are of events in aviation? For example, one of the things Elinor Smith is known for is flying under four New York bridges on a dare....while ships were still on the river. (This was a huge deal, because a male pilot had been bragging about his failed attempt to go under just one bridge, and had reportedly spread rumors that Elinor had backed out of a similar stunt.) I want to try and depict this stunt if it's okay.

Back
Top Bottom