ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date: October 10
Withdraw by date: no deadline, just communicate please
Number of Items: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 12
Media: Any media is welcome – no stickers please

This is my first swap so I cannot have more than 12 participants. I’ll keep a waiting list if there are more than 12 people interested, in case someone needs to withdraw.

This is an open theme swap that includes something shiny. Think foil, metallic ink or paint, metallic paper, even silver gum wrappers!

The object on the card can be shiny normally (like a disco ball, a tea set or an old Airstream) or you can give something extra shine! I think a shiny coppery pine cone would be fabulous! If you prefer abstract cards or cards with words, that’s great too; just remember to make them shiny!

This is a 3 for 3 ATC trade.

All mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure your cards are complete, not just a foil shape glued onto a blank card. Give it a background. Send in your best work, something you would be excited to receive if I sent it to you.

All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” X 3.5” and sturdy. Please don’t sent flimsy cards that are just a single sheet of paper. Back your ATC on cardstock or paperboard (such as a cereal or tissue box).
Cards need to be sent in a plastic sleeve for their protection.

Please include at least the Swap name, your Username, your real name and location on the back of each card.

US participants: please send a large address label and a forever stamp. I will provide all envelopes!

International participants: please enclose a large address label and a well concealed US Dollar Bill. I will provide all envelopes!

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. Please mail your cards early so that they will arrive by the deadline.

When you receive your returns, please leave “you rock” points for the artists whose cards you received, and if you feel that I’ve done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me (haagmm).

So, who wants to make some shiny things?

1. RLaughy - returns received
2. Stahlrala - returns received
3. Suzi - returns received
4. Betsyg -returns received
5. Amychelle - returns received
6. pouringdiva - returns received
7. cinlan - returns received
8. jo.on.the.go -returns received
9. SpottedCrow - returns received
10. Withdraw
11. Vegan4animals - returns received
12. Amapola -

Comfy lurker's couch, considering shiny things:
ferretgirl
BArox818

Last edited:
Good Morning! Welcome to Amychelle, pouringdiva, cinlan and jo.on.the.go! I cannot wait to see your shiny pieces of art. Thanks for joining.

I've added BArox818 to the comfy lurkers couch. I do hope you'll join in!

I’m happy to see your first swap filling up so fast. I wish you the best of luck with the swap. I completed my first swap not long ago and I was so glad I gave hosting a try. It can be very fulfilling and a completely different experience from just joining a swap.

Here are my cards:

View attachment 198085 Edge of the Woods (Lumiere acrylic paint, plus regular acrylics)

View attachment 198086 Wee Mouse (Lumiere acrylic paint, plus watercolor and ink)

View attachment 198087 Moonlight Creature (silver Pilot marker, plus watercolor and ink)

View attachment 198088 Journey (Lumiere acrylic paint and silver Pilot marker). I know this doesn't look like my "regular" offerings and people may not care for "abstracty" paintings, but I really do like painting abstracts though I don't do them often. This was sort of inspired by some of the Bob Burridge videos I have been watching. See the discussion thread for Bob Burridge and watch his demonstrations on how he paints "carrot people".

Back
Top Bottom