Addicted to ATCs
Media
Swap Due Date: Due October 26, 2018
Signup/Withdraw Date: Due October 26, 2018
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Vampires and Vixens Swap, Due October 26, 2086

RETURNS MAILED 10/29

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him. ~ Garrett Fort

This is a swap dedicated to vampires and vampire lovers alike, plus female vampires and vixens. The creepy, scary, sexy beings that keep us up at nights to watch their movies and fuel our dreams (and desires).

Let's get back to the original vampy-ness and focus on the classic horror movies and early vampire books.
Not wanting to list the hundreds of movies and books out there, but I am looking for the "classic" vampires: Nosferatu, Count Dracula, the Ann Rice Vampire Chronicles, Lost Boys, or male or female vampires in general, are okay. Lestat and Vampirella are Fangtastic. Also good are the historical vampires, Count Dracula, Vlad, Elizabeth Bathory. The Vampire the masquerade stuff and lost boys and Anita Blake and Anne Rice are also cool. BTW, Anne Rice has a new book out.

Please note that these are all classic vampires, burned by sunlight and holy water, vampires.
For this swap, we are talking full frontal fang, artery opening, cross fearing, sexy as hell vamps!
Please stay away from the new vampire stuff like Twilight, Tru Blood, The Vampire Diaries, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If you lust for Edward, or Buffy and friends, there are other swaps to join.

Please note, I am not anti-TV-Vampires.
I happen to like Edward and Bella, although I am really more Team Jacob.
I have all the books, have read them twice, have been to the movies, and I own the DVDs.
But I still prefer the classics, and I like the original legends (and the original "rules").
In the early legends sunlight killed.

The whole sparkle in the sunlight thing is a "new" legend.
Wearing a ring to be able to walk in the sun is a "new" legend.

Maybe there is a certain comfort in knowing that there is a way to terminate the "bad" vampires.
Like the nasties in "From Dusk till Dawn". George Clooney starred in that movie, but not too many people have ever seen it. It is rated a horror film, but some of the characters are very comical, like the guy with the gun in his belt buckle!

Make cards that show the creepy, scary, sexy aspect of these beings of the night.
Show vampires that follow the old rules/legends. No vampires that sparkle in the sun.
No cute vampires, no children dressed up as vampires, are allowed.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Remember to do your best pieces of art that are not based only on one element. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list below.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 50 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 21 cent stamp if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Please send each card in its own protective plastic sleeve, and assure that they are ATC size (2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches). ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.

* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything! We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 26, 2018. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Some links to get your blood HOT!

Creepy Historical Vampires
http://listverse.com/2013/08/11/10-vampires-from-history-youve-never-heard-of/

Current Participants
Vampires and Vixens Swap, Due October 26, 2018

*1. SpottedCrow -- Cards Received 9/13
*2. Boots -- Cards Received 9/13
*3. Ancient Planter -- Cards Received 9/25
*/. ohnickie -- WITHDREW
*4. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 9/13

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Just a quick note to say that literally, to this very day, at age (mmffmff), I must sleep with blankets up around my neck because I'm sure a vampire may try to attack if my throat isn't hidden. It doesn't matter how hot it is, I'll at least have a sheet up to my throat! I blame Bela.

Have you ever seen the version of Dracula with Frank Langela?
Made me WANT to be bitten (by him)!
OMG, he was one HOT Vampire!

Vampires and Vixens

hidden in the shadows- decorative paper, moon with day glow paint, magazine image, glitter gel pen, cut out bat, sticky text

taking time to let my inner vixen out ! Hope you like it..:)

Have you ever seen the version of Dracula with Frank Langela?
Made me WANT to be bitten (by him)!
OMG, he was one HOT Vampire!

It's funny you should mention Frank Langella - I'm watching an old episode of Star Trek - Deep Space 9 on Netflix and just minutes after reading your post, there's Frank Langella as a Bajoran. Hmm... hard to believe he's already 80! Yep, he was one HOT vampire, that's for sure!

I found this at Langella's IMDB: "He asked to be uncredited for his role as Minister Jaro Essa in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Homecoming (1993), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Circle (1993) and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Siege (1993), since he was doing the series for his children Frank III and Sarah (both of whom were devoted Star Trek fans), not for exposure or money." Nice dad, smart kids! :D

I have always liked Frank Langella, and now I like him even more.
I agree with you: Nice dad, smart kids!

Vampires and Vixens

My favorite creatures of the night ! Hope you like them. I will let you know when they are in the mail.

Draw Near- decorative paper, glow in dark paint, sticky text, metallic pen
Hidden- decorative paper, printed moon, glow in dark paint, magazine image, sticky text
King & Queen- decorative paper, magazine images, glitter gel pen, sticky text
Enchanted- magazine image, gelatos, sticky text, collaged bat

Back
Top Bottom