MID-AUGUST PAT (PICK A THEME) SWAP DUE NOV 5TH, 2018

Media
Due Date – November 5, 2018
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group
Number of participants -7 groups of 5 players, I will make an 8th group if needed.

Suggested Last day to mail USA October 29 International October 22. I will not be able to wait for late cards. I plan to swap out on or before Nov 6.

Welcome to the MID-August 2018 Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

General Information:

~ This swap contains 7 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme Once you pick an approved theme it can’t be changed as players might have begun work on the group cards. You must declare your theme within 48 hours of claiming a spot or risk being removed to allow others to play.
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of~
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before NOV 05, 2018 Which is also my birthday
~All ATCs & APCs should be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Please trim neat & straight!
~These are ATCs, c is for cards, these are not papers, sturdy is the key. Please make them sturdy, if it can bend or flap in the wind it is not sturdy enough.
~ To prevent errors, Please write on the back of each card who the card is for and group number.

Pick-A-Theme Examples
~ Generic/Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. Regular themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage image for example; flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes! Something from a specific artist or person is not a regular theme)
Challenging themes are welcomed, in the proper group. John Cusack, Geigo Gecko, Wonder Woman, bring it on. They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members. TV Shows/Movies/Books specific characters are allowed. Go Power Rangers! Go Team Titan!

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves or those baseball card protectors cut in a row of three. Tape gently.

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but always appreciated! I have all kinds of themes listed in my profile.

Mailing Information: Please PM me or post in the tread for my address when you are ready to mail. I will respond with a PM. Make sure your inbox is not maxed out. FYI, I have not moved in 15 years, and don’t have plans to move.
If you are in two groups your envelope will weigh more than 1 ounce
I CAN PROVIDE ENVELOPES, IF YOU PREFER TO SEND YOUR OWN SASE, THAT IS FINE TOO. I REALLY PREFER A Large STICKY LABEL TO PREVENT ANY ERRORS THAT MIGHT OCCUR ON MY PART, LEGIBILITY OR WHAT HAVE YOU, DAMAGE TO A PAPER ADDRESS LABEL.

USA players – Only in one group? IT IS still VERY LIKELY 4 CARDS COULD WEIGH MORE THAN ONE OUNCE, check your weight of your envelope. IF YOU SEND ANY CARDS WITH GEMS OR BRADS, OR ANYTHING BUMPY, YOU NEED TO ENCLOSE 21 CENT POSTAGE STAMPS OR EQUIVALENT, for each card, AND I WILL TAKE THE TO THE PO FOR HAND CANCELING. THIS IS NOT A LICENSE TO BE SUPER CHUNKY. Thin is in! Send a forever stamp, or 71 extra ounce stamp, or what you have to make the correct return postage.
Two groups will cost at least 71 cents to return to you.

INTERNATIONAL players
----It will cost me $1.15 to send back 4 cards, and $2.30 to send back 8. I don’t mind unused postage from your country, paypal, $1 bills, and US postage, I will work with you on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
FULL Group 1, OPEN MEDIA A selfie! By joining this group you agree to make 4 selfies of yourself or course, hand drawn, or photo or copied photo of yourself. AND the player will pick what they want you to be doing in the selfie, or holding. Like biking, picking flowers. Or holding at cat, with flowers in your hair.

1. *** CastleQueen5 requests Selfie of you in sunflowers
2. ***Marie requests selfie of you drinking Starbucks or other fancy coffee
3. ***sweetgypsy requests Selfie of you wearing oversized glasses
4. ***karenr requests selfie with flowers in your hair.
5. *** Huddlestonmollie- requests a bird somewhere on you (head, shoulder, arm or anywhere else). R 9/29

FULL Group 2 - HD/HP Easy/Regular theme (handdrawn/handpainted)
1. ***DeniseMDupree Realistic crab(s)
2. ***TerriF- The word NAMASTE'
3. *** jo-on-the-go a realistic bat (the animal, not a baseball bat).
4. ***Sorxia--a Scene with Acorns (on a tree, with a squirrel, as a centerpiece, doesn't matter, just so long as it's in a setting, not just a picture of an acorn)
5. ***mcgillisj-realistic cats,

FULL Group 3 - HD/HP Challenging (handdrawn/handpainted)
1. ***Bexmademe Princess Leia portraits (Star Wars character can be realistic or whimsical)
2. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/member.php?42615-MisterLarson 80's Sci-fi Movie Characters.
3.http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/member.php?42608-Lysankya --SciFi Pin Up Girls"
4. ***karenr -----Katniss Everdeen
5. ***miss-----characters from the TV show X Company ( https://www.cbc.ca/xcompany/ )?

FULL Group 4 - APCs ♥♦♣♠ - Easy/Regular theme MAILED RETURNS 10/23Important note here about smallgirls requests. SEE HERE

1. *** JudyLee -THEME shooting star or stars with a quote ,words or text. CARDS Player 2 10 of spades, player 3 10 of clubs, player 4 10 of hearts, player 5 10 of diamonds.

2. *** smallgirl Theme: Whales/Dolphins. Cards: player 1- 2 of hearts, player 2- me, player 3-2 of diamonds, player 4- 2 of spades, player 5- 2 of clubs

3. ***Katelnorth HALLOWEEN, p1: any heart p2: any club p4: any spade except 4 p5: any diamond See note here

4. *** Dithespy-Theme: Birds - Cards Pl 1:6 Spades, Pl 2:7 Spades, Pl 3: 8 Spades, Pl 5: 9 Spades R 10/5

5. ***Sorxia theme of: Moon with a quote of phrase (preferably mystical, not cutesy). Here are my cards: p1: Ace of Spades, p2: 2 of Spades, p3: 3 of Spades, p4: 4 of Spades. r 9/24

FULL Group 5 - APCs ♥♦♣♠ - Challenging themes
1. ***Pikkis --Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, P2- 7 of hearts, P3- 7 of diamonds, P4- 7 of spades and P5- 7 of clubs. The cards can be based on the books or the movies. - prefer collaged/mixed media
2. ***Allegrae "Rosemary's Baby" -- book or 1968 film (any card)
3. *** CastleQueen5 Diamondbacks Baseball player David Peralta No 6 David Peralta
P 1-- 6 of diamonds; P 2 -- 6 of hearts; P 4 -- 6 of Clubs; P 5 -- 6 of spades

4. ChronicReader Celtic God or Goddess ---Player 1: Ace of diamonds;--Player 2: Ace of hearts--Player 3: Ace of clubs
Player 5: Ace of spades

5. Meraki formerly know as Sheila ---SOUND OF MUSIC---P1- 7 of diamonds, P2- 7 of clubs P3- 7 of hearts P4- 7 of spades

FULL Group 6 - Any Media (collage, mixed, digital) – easy themes
1. ***ferretgirl-jellyfish
2.***Carol steampunk
3. ***Dithespy- Steampunk R 10/5

4. MicheleMC -- Steampunk
5.*** Huddlestonmollie R 9/29 --Birds any kind.

FULL Group 7
- Any Media (collage, mixed, digital) – challenging themes
1. ***hem18Theme is HOPE
2. KiraCat Alice in Wonderland. Preferably creepy but cute and whimsical is okay too.
3. *** Allegrae Charcuterie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcuterie
4.*** ali- an emotion
5. ***mcgillisj---Zetti Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited:
I would like to join group 4-easy APCs, please.

Theme: Whales/Dolphins. Cards: player 1- 2 of hearts, player 2- me, player 3-2 of spades, player 4- 2 of diamonds, player 5- 2 of clubs

By the way, I have 4 decks of cards and am clean out of red Aces and 5 of hearts, so would appreciate very much not being assigned these cards by my group mates, if at all possible. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:
Smallgirl, I made a link to your request in the group, and I am sure all the players can work around your decks.

Glad to have everyone. I have not advertised this yet or make a link in my signature. I know that xstitchers PAT is not quiet full so I will give this more time.

This sounds fun! Put me in group one selfie in sunflowers :-)

Glad to have you Marie AND in the selfie group.

So you will make 4 selfies and you have to make them as requested by the other players. So to me it would be a selfie of you in sunflowers.

Do you also want the other players to do selfies in sunflowers, or do you want them doing dishes? riding a bike? etc, get it? I will add you to the selfies. Let me know if you want a theme other than sunflowers. I just love sunflowers, so a whole collection of players selfies in sunflowers would just make my day.

I'd like a place in Group 4 with a theme of Hallowe'en. I think I am player three, so here are my card requests:

This is still a very new deck to me, so:
p1: any heart
p2: any club
p3: me
p4: any spade except 4
p5: any diamond

I also asked for this theme in the August PAT, but not sure what cards people are making. Here's what extra info I can add:

Judylee, I think you're making me a Hallowe'en card in the August PAT, sorry to ask you to make two same themed cards in a row.

clubs: Heather, you are in my group in the August PAT, so you could add which club you are doing to player 2 so that it's any club except...

I'll pm catladybj and ask what card she's making so I can add that info.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom