Blackout Poetry and Stacia Leigh Inspired Swap, Due Oct. 22nd

Essy

Draw, Color, Create
Media
Swap Due Date-Oct. 22, 2018
Number of Cards-3 for 3
Number of Participants-12

This swap is inspired by Blackout Poetry and Stacia Leigh art as they are similar.
Please Google "Blackout Poetry" and "Stacia Leigh Art" to get references to the style of art for this swap.

Note: If sticking more to the Blackout Poetry style using only black ink, black pen, black color pencil etc., please include an image/artwork to go with the words you chose to highlight or Not Blackout. Any questions please feel free to ask :)

Medium-Hand drawn/hand painted. Use pen, ink, markers, watercolor, color pencil...any medium you are comfortable with using on the book page. You will be using book pages to make this style of art.

All cards must be original (ie, no prints or copies) Use your imagination. It doesn't have to be poetry, you can make up a sentence or saying yourself. Most importantly have fun! :)

Requirements:
All cards should be standard 3.5"x2.5" glue, attach page/piece of book page to size of ATC card/heavy cardstock so it's sturdy
.send each card in individual plastic sleeves
.communicate if having to withdraw, late cards may be returned if they can't be swapped out

Mailing & Postage:
.PM for my address when ready to mail your cards
.Make sure your username, location, and swap name appear on the back of your ATC's
include username on your SASE
International participants-Please include a SASE
U.S. participants-Please include a SASE

Returns:
When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for players

An extra card for the host is always appreciated, but not required.

This is my first swap I am hosting on AFA, look forward to the ATC's the players will come up with :)

Players:
1. MarieReceived
2. MushuReceived
3. prex79
4. Haagmm Received
5. aliReceived
6. CreativeK Received
7. sweetgypsyReceived
8. aaeshelmanReceived
9. BlueskyReceived
10. CastleQueen5Received
11. wolfpax3
12. roadbike831Received

Wait list:
Sheila

Swap full! Thank you all for joining! :)

Last edited:
Wonderful! Thanks for joining Sorxia, and Mushu :) Lurking is most welcome, hope to have you join us Foxglove! :)

My niece loves blackout poetry- she was really excited when I showed her what I was doing. She's 15 and would like to participate, if that would be alright. I can do all the mailing and swapping on her behalf. And she says she'd like her username to be: KimmySiZZles. :) No worries if that's stressful to you, just let me know either way. Thanks!

Welcome and thank you for joining prex79, Haagmm, and ali! :)
Hello Sorxia, it would be great if your niece joined us, is she a member on AFA? If she isn't, I'm not sure what the rules are on that but I can definitely ask one of the moderators if it would be okay? Let me know :) , thank you!

Essy, thanks for letting my niece play! I'll message you and we can figure out the particulars.

Edit: Aha! We learned some valuable information! My niece is hooked on finding hidden poetry, so we're going to make pages and cards as a family, which will be a ton of fun. Now that I know what to look for, our eyes will be peeled for an All Ages swap, and soon the kid will be a full-fledged ATC addict, just like the rest of us!! Thanks for being willing to add her, though, it means a lot to me! And good luck hosting your first swap, this idea is brilliant and I'm thrilled to participate!!

Last edited:
Cool sweetgypsy! Welcome and thank you for playing! :)

Thank you Sorxia! I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. Wishing your niece the best in her future swaps :) Thank you again Sorxia for participating in my first swap!

Lurking is most welcome CastleQueen5! :) I'm glad you were inspired by Stacia Leigh. If you decide to play you're more than welcome to do either type, all black or colorful like Stacia's or a mix...hope to have you join us :) and thanks for stopping by!

Back
Top Bottom