Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cards to Coins Challenge OPEN media Due Nov 15, 2018

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Cards to Coins Challenge OPEN media Due Nov 15, 2018

Swap Due Date: November 15, 2018 FULL, I am OUT of Envelopes.
    Mail by deadline Nov 1st for International, NOV 7th for USA
    Number of Cards:3:3 or 6:6 or 9:9
    Number of Participants: Number of Participants: 25 committed, artists, who will communicate and participate. No lurkers for this swap.
    Open Media: Mixed Media, collage. If you can hand draw or paint on what I send, go for it. Zentangle is welcomed too if you can make it work.

Cards to Coins Challenge Open Mediai
    Here we go with another challenge from me. Coins are 2.5 inch circles.

This is a no withdrawal swap, I will leave neutral itrader to those who don’t complete the commitment to this swap. No cards, no contact, mailing after mail by deadline may result in neutral itrader.

If you withdrew from any recent Trash to treasure swaps or similar type swap, even if the host didn't give you a neutral, please don't request a spot for this round. There is a limited number of envelopes and many artists want to play.

I have 25 envelopes. Each envelope is different. The items are not the same as in the trash to treasure swap. You will get the fronts of greeting or notecards from me. The real challenge begins because, you must use what I send you to make the backgrounds of your coins. Despite what I have had done in past swaps you can not turn it over and use the blank side nor can you cover it up completely with paint or gesso. Some of the original card must be visible. You can NOT cut up the images on the cards and glue then on a coin. The cards are only to used for the backgrounds of the coins. This is part of the challenge.

If you want to take photos of the cards I sent before you start punching circles, please do. This isnt required but appreciated.

In each envelope will be, one solid, one pattern, 2 card with images like birds or people, and ONE Christmas card. For this challenge you need to use the Christmas card with out making it about Christmas, Winter is ok, but not Christmas. There will be a contest for the best use of the Christmas card. To enter the contest you DO NOT NEED be able to post photos to the thread.

BASE: You will need to adhere your backgrounds to a more sturdy or firm base to make this coins into the idea of CARDS vs papers. We need sturdy. You can use chipboard, another notecard, a playing card but gasp save those for APCs,

- All coins should be standard 2.5”
    - No really heavy or bulky embellishments. This is the wrong time of year to be playing Russian Roulette with chunky mail and the postal system.
    - Please include your username and the swap name on the back of all coins.

All players. Please post in the thread when my envelope to you arrives.

Instead of you sending me SASE to get the backgrounds, I will mail them off in good faith, but would really appreciate the reimbursement of my initial mailing costs. Some folks have forgotten this part in the past. It is easy to forget.

USA PLAYERS
    You can send a SASE or I can provide a return envelope. But please, provide a large preferably sticky address label if you are not sending a SASE. Include return postage based on your cost to send to me, Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance.

Mailing INFO International Players You can send a SASE or I can provide a return envelope
    My cost to mail the envelop to you will be $1.15

It will cost me $1.15 to mail back your cards, in a 1 ounce letter. $2.30 for an envelope over an ounce. To cover costs both ways, I can take paypal, 2 US global stamps. Well hidden $2. And in some cases I can trade you for your countries postage, Canada, AU, France, UK, Since I join swaps hosted by international hosts. Contact me about your choice.

Posting in this forum that you got your envelope, posting that you mailed and posting that you got your returns is an expectation for this swap. No silent swappers. Please do not make me track you down to get an update. We want to see you joining us in our journey.

* I have plenty of plastic sleeves and the like, so feel free to mail as you choose. I can work with whatever packaging works for you.

To participate you must post in the thread that you understand this is a no withdrawal swap, and want to participate, AND you must pm your address unless you are on the CRRR list.

1. *** Angeljoy
    2. ***Katelnorth
    3. pouringdiva
    4. ***Carol
    5. *** Vegan4animals
    6. ***Prex79
    7. ***Javazarf
    8. *** Cicicreates
    9. *** Suzi
    10. Bluesky
    11. ***Haagma
    12. *** Donnacr
    13. *** Nanvan
    14. *** huddlestonmollie
    15. *** CreativeMelodia
    16. Amychelle
    17. ***Betsyg
    18. *** Bluskyhare
    19. Allegrae
    20. *** Laffqueen
    21. Ladyday
    22. CreativeK
    23. ***Heymaggie
    25. Jazzears
    26.*** ali
    27.***CherylS
    28.***Dithespy
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 11-29-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy!
    There is a lot of verbiage here to digest.
    If the option is 3, 6 or 9 coins, how many are in each envelope? I counted 5 in the description of envelope contents.

Lurking for now.

AngelJoy is offline I will sing to the LORD... Psalm 13:6a
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand this is a no withdrawal swap and I eagerly want to participate! I will PM my address. I love these kinds of challenges!!!
    I love to trade -- just ask! ATCs Availabe for Trade

4. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in for sure, but have the same question as JavaZarf - is it just that the card fronts are big enough that we might be able to punch 9 circles, even though there are only 5 card fronts? Not that I'd probably do 9, but I might do six, and with only 5 card fronts sent, would have to punch two from one of the 5. If you see what I mean.
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATCoins: Sun, Moon & Stars, due 6 April 2019
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
    Oh boy!
    There is a lot of verbiage here to digest.
    If the option is 3, 6 or 9 coins, how many are in each envelope? I counted 5 in the description of envelope contents.

Lurking for now.
    There will be five cards in each envelope but the cards are large enough that you will get more than one circle punch from each card some of them you could get me before. That’s why you can do nine if you’re feeling inspired

7. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelJoy View Post
    I understand this is a no withdrawal swap and I eagerly want to participate! I will PM my address. I love these kinds of challenges!!!
    You are the first one to send me your addesss. How does it feel to be number one?

9. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

pouringdiva is offline Pink is not a color; It is a attitude!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand this is a no withdrawal swap and I would like to participate! You have my address. I can't wait to see what I get.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes pouringdiva liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally. Sign me up.

15. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand this is a no withdrawal swap, and want to participate. I will email you my address.

17. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...I guess I should have stated that I understand this is a no-withdrawal swap - but I know you were holding a space for me anyway, so I was a bit lazy about reading to the end of the instructions. Apologies!
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATCoins: Sun, Moon & Stars, due 6 April 2019
    My APC ad here

19. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! This kind of scares me with all the directions, but I'm up to it! Please sign me up!

21. Likes CastleQueen5, BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You had me with coin, then lost me with Christmas card, but grabbed me again when said to not make it about Christmas. So, I'm in if you'll have me. Just a note... I'm not anti-Christmas. I'm just not that interested in holiday themed collecting.
    Available ATCs and Coins

Etsy shop: CreativeExpByJen

YouTube: Jen's Creative Explorations

23. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prex79 View Post
    You had me with coin, then lost me with Christmas card, but grabbed me again when said to not make it about Christmas. So, I'm in if you'll have me. Just a note... I'm not anti-Christmas. I'm just not that interested in holiday themed collecting.
    Me too. I just do not collect holiday paper crafts: acts and now coins.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t save addresses because it can create errors when people move. So please send your address unless you’re on the CRRR list.
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 08-27-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ, I love the sound of this very different idea! I understand this is a no withdrawal swap and would like to play. I will PM my address.
    Now Hosting: Doorway to Fairyland, Altoid Tin Mail Art Swap ; Mother Goose Challenge ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got envelopes addressed to here. Anything extra in there is just me giving away more trash.

28. Likes katelnorth liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that this is a no withdrawl swap.... I would like to join. You have my address.

Bluesky is offline I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please add me I understand this is not withdrawal swap.
    Looking for British ephemera. Open for trading.