September Pick-a-theme- due Nov.15, 2018

NatashaMay

Buddy Floppy-Feet
Media
Due Date – Nov 15, 2018
Withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group or 8 if you're playing 2 groups (4:4 or 8:8)
Number of participants - 8 groups of 5 players

September Pick-a-Theme (PAT)
To play you must have:
* an established positive iTrader rating of +15
* no negatives within the last 6 months
* no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
* NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

Please sign up on the thread and read the directions before starting.

DO NOT over commit yourself. You may sign up for a maximum of 2 groups. Once you commit to a group, other players begin working on your card, so for this reason you cannot withdraw from a PAT. If you signed up and I don’t get your cards by the due date, you risk 5 negative iTraders (1 from each group member and your host).

Please give 2 weeks for mailing as I live in Europe.
If your cards arrive late without communication, you will be given a neutral iTrader by me. Your cards will be returned to you and it will be up to you to honor the trade with your fellow group members or risk 4 negative iTraders.

General Information:
  • This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members
  • Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled or no later then Sep. 20, 2018
  • Pick a group of preferred media then pick a theme
  • Please have a theme chosen within three days of signing up or you'll lose your spot in the group
  • You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
  • Make a card for each player in your group in their chosen theme (always ask if you're not sure!)
  • Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
  • Send quality cards you are proud of and would want to receive yourself. I am not a collage artist, if parts of your card start falling off, I will send them back to you to fix.
  • To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO bulky embellishments, keep it flat
  • Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately, wait until the player and theme are updated in 2nd post (where the groups are) or you'll risk doing double work, if changes are made
  • CARDS are to be in my hands on/before Nov.15, 2018. Please communicate, if there are any problems.
Card information:
  • cards must be standard ATC size, 2.5”x3.5”, on sturdy paper
  • NO bulky embellishments, keep it flat
  • each card should be shipped in a protective plastic sleeve
  • on the back of all your cards please put the following info:
    • September 2018 PAT
      [*] GROUP NUMBER
      [*] recipient’s username
    • your AFA username
  • if you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required. However, if they get lost in the mail, you have proof that you did get them done.
  • a Hostess card is not required, but always cherished and appreciated
I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to drawing/painting so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do.

Mailing information:
  • I’m from Slovenia, Europe so you all are pretty much international to me. Please give 2 weeks of mailing time for your cards to reach me.
  • Per PAT rules, all cards must be mailed to the host. Please do not ask to mail to players directly for whatever reason as it is not allowed and will result in negative iTrader.
ALL participants:
  • Please include a business-sized envelope, addressed to you or a large label with clearly written address on it. Please label the back of BOTH of your envelopes; the one you mail to me and your return envelope, with September PAT, your AFA username, and your group number(s).
  • Please include well concealed $2 US bills, if you are in one group. If you join 2 groups, please include $3 US. No coins, please, unless you want to include Euros. In that case please safely conceal 2€. Make sure it doesn't tear the envelope. I also have PayPal, if it's more convenient to you. (PS: Your country's stamps are of no use to me. I need to buy my country's (Slovenia) stamps to send mail.)
Theme information:

EASY/REGULAR THEMES:

• Generic themes where it's easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc.
  • or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, etc.
  • (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes!)
ADVANCED/CHALLENGING THEMES:
  • Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are real people, "in the style of", characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members.

Remember that for PATs, when you get your lovely returns, the hostess (me) and all your fellow group members get iTraders!

Last edited by a moderator:
Group 1: Hand-Painted/Drawn ~ Easy/Regular Themes - FULL - mailed 24/11
1. Carol - house - mailed 28/11
2. prex79 - heron
3. ann_stebbing - Celtic inspired design i.e. knotwork, illuminated letter
4. casivonmir - realistic-ish colourful beetle
5. CiCiCreates - Girl wearing crown of flowers

Group 2: Hand-Painted/Drawn ~ Easy/Regular Themes - FULL - mailed 24/11
1. BexMadeMe - unicorns
2. Ann - colorful unhappy animals
3. ann_stebbing - French chateaux or any castle
4. BArox818 - Space creatures (artist’s interpretation)
5. Essy - Dog portrait (head and shoulders only)

Group 3: Hand-Painted/Drawn ~ Advanced/Challenging Themes - FULL - mailed 24/11
1. Evalila - Steampunk Ladies or Girls
2. BexMadeMe - Alice from Alice in Wonderland
3. KiraCat - Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
4. karenr - portrait of Yayoi Kusama
5. ReverieJJ - goth girls/women

Group 4: Hand-Painted/Drawn ~ Any Theme - FULL - mailed 24/11
1. ceejay - raccoon(s)
2. Pamithahttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/member.php?232-Pamitha - dogs, realistic or silly
3. Vegan4animals - Russian matryoshka dolls
4. plumhill2001 - dinosaurs
5. yonawrites - Girl in a dress with bird on shoulder

Group 5: Collage/Mixed Media ~ Any theme - FULL - mailed 24/11
1. Carol - whimsical fairies - mailed 28/11
2. Ann - colorful bearded guys
3. dithespy - Chickens
4. Haagmm - foxes
5. hem18 - hummingbird

Group 6: Collage/Mixed Media/APC ~ Any theme - please for APC let your fellow group members know which card you'd want them to make for you (example: 1. player - a, 2. player - b, 3. player - me, 4. player - c, 5. player - d) - FULL
1. dithespy - APC -Fish (click HERE for number & suit)
2. katelnorth - APC - mermaids (prefer dark or mystical to cute, but either ok) (click HERE for number & suit)
3. catladybj - APC - Mushroom(s)-whimsical or not; Zentangle,gnomes,fairies welcome but not required (click HERE for number & suit)
4. JudyLee - APC - A moon with or without a cow jumping over it (click HERE for number & suit) - mailed 24/11
5. CastleQueen5 - APC - Diamondbacks Baseball Player Zach Godley. Pitcher - Any ACE is fine.

Group 7: APC (altered playing card) - Any Theme - please let your fellow group members know which card you'd want them to make for you (example: 1. player - a, 2. player - b, 3. player - me, 4. player - c, 5. player - d) - CLOSED - mailed 30/11
1. catladybj - Mushroom(s)-whimsical or not; Zentangle,gnomes,fairies welcome but not required (click HERE for number & suit)
2. CastleQueen5 - A zebra with a bird on its back (click HERE for number & suit)
3. DeniseMDupree - Halloween (click HERE for number & suit)
4. MissM - Zetti (click HERE for number & suit)
5./

Group 8: Zentangles - Any Theme - FULL - mailed 24/11
1. prex79 - mushroom(s)
2. Sorxia - Hamsa Hand
3. Pamitha - Zen button (click HERE for example)
4. KiraCat - abstract
5. yonawrites - Bird

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom