The Monochrome Rainbow Swap November 10

Can't wait to see those embroidered masterpieces Lorna!

I've got all but purple done now. Might redo a couple that weren't my favorites, but we'll see.

I work for an advocacy group that helps people/children with special needs get benefits and programs that support them and their families. We have kids running around, toys, office critters. And me at my computer console trying to get work done among the merry chaos We also have an office hamster, Fred, but he's grumpy and doesn't come out of his cage. Which is probably good since the cat might not recognize him as friend instead of food, lol.

I have all of mine done, except for the purple as well! I've been busy and purple is my absolute fave color so wanting it to be STUNNING! Hoping to get them done this weekend and mail out! Life is always busy but busier than usual due to picking up a second job after my 40 hour job....Wish I had more art time....

Oh wow! 40 hours would be plenty for me! Adding a second job would be overload in my world. It's amazing you have time for any art, TAD. I'm usually part time and still too pooped to relax and create until the weekend.

Oooh, have room for a late entry? I'd love to participate in this one!

So how are the rest of the rainbows coming? I'd love to see what people are coming up with. :)

No worries if you haven't gotten to them yet. We still have a few weeks.

I started a set of mono-rainbows but am rethinking them. Just not loving how they look and I'm not motivated by the 'theme' that I went with. There is a chance that I will be changing to plaids... I did some plaid on my autumn cards recently and really liked the patterns. I've had a thing for plaid ever since high school. Instead of school colors, these will be monochrome of course.

I am loving this theme! So far 4 of 6 are completed, I will post pictures when they are all finished.

I decided to illustrate the lyrics of my favorite Jimi Hendrix song, Axix; Bold As Love. It's been a most awesome challenge!

"Anger, he smiles towering in shiny metallic purple armor.
Queen Jealousy, envy waits behind him, her fiery green gown sneers at the grassy ground.
Blue are the life-giving waters taken for granted; they quietly understand.
Once envy turquoise armies lay opposite and ready but wonder why the fight is on.
But they're all bold as love, just ask the Axis.
My red is so confident he flashes trophies of war and ribbons of euphoria.
Orange is young, full of daring but very unsteady for the first go around.
My Yellow in this case is not so mellow; in fact, I'm trying to say it's frightened like me.
And all of these emotions of mine keep holding me from giving my life to a rainbow like you.

(If there's time, possibly turquoise will be a host card;) )

I have done 4 of my monochrome cards and am concerned that, when compared to the 'plain orange', my darker orange color looks a little red. I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Mine did too, Haagmm. I have an orange Sharpie and the color is much closer to the color of a blood orange. But don't stress. If there weren't some reddish oranges and brownish oranges and yellowish oranges, there wouldn't be any variation and your orange card would be a solid color.:) If you look at my monochromes in my gallery, you'll see that my orange pumpkin is that blood-orangey color.

Back
Top Bottom