Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Hello Dolly! A Collaborative Art Doll Project due May 13th 2019

Bluesky is offline I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carol thanks for finishing my doll and her story so well. I don't know if you saw that I had Washi tape with roses and sayings about beauty throughout the journal.....and final irony the figure I used to represent the fairy queen is actually a picture of Marie anoinette
    Looking for British ephemera. Open for trading.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My coworkers will lose their minds when they see everything. I guess will be setting up her flute performance in the store!

3. Likes notinkansas liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    SO GLAD she arrived safely! Your co-workers will have to take several breaks or an entire lunch hour to see everything!
    Now Hosting: Doorway to Fairyland, Altoid Tin Mail Art Swap ; Mother Goose Challenge ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still going through the book......Carol...hat pins...that so took the cake(pun intended)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bluesky, could you tell from the story that I don’t love a lot about the desert ..... except for the glorious sunsets? LOL (California girl here).
    Now Hosting: Doorway to Fairyland, Altoid Tin Mail Art Swap ; Mother Goose Challenge ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I have to hear the whole tale!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did think about that.....and copied it down first. It took a few pages in the journal, but I could write it here if you want.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Felicite found herself in a rather elegant hair salon, where they were happy and artistically challenged to give her the Rococo style that she requested.

Stepping outside, she discovered that she was in a land very different than anything she had ever seen. Walking along, she noticed that the vines and flowers were a bit sparse here, not as abundant or lush. Trees were not nearly as tall as elsewhere. There were plentiful cacti and succulents instead, and palm trees scattered about. The birds in this strange land were not as colorful or numerous as she had seen before in her travels.

Felicite discovered that the reason for all these things may well be the punishing Summer heat. Thankful for early Spring, she walked on. It was very late in the afternoon, and Felicite began to wonder why she was in this place. She did recall that she was supposed to be on a journey of discovery and learning. She felt suddenly weary and sat down on a large rock.

Lifting her eyes to the sky, she was filled with wonder. The colors were beautiful - pinks, golden oranges, even wispy streaks of lilac. They blended at the edges into lovely shapes across the sky. Each passing moment deepened the colors into a vivid spectacle that almost took her breath away. She thought “I have learned so much on this journey, and just now I learned that there is beauty everywhere if I just look for it!”

Felicite lifted her flute and played the tune which summoned the Fairy Queen, who instantly appeared before her. Together they went through the beautiful sunset back to the land of the wild rose garden. Felicite told the Fairy Queen “I have learned that music, indeed all the arts, can bring great joy and comfort to the human heart. I have also learned that beauty may be found where one looks for it, and that contentment is the foundation of happiness.”

The Fairy Queen waved her wand and said”You have done very well, Felicite et Perpetue. You shall tend these rose gardens and teach others about them. You shall also stay human and be an example through word and deed. Lastly, you shall find true love and live happily ever after!”....And so she did.

11. Likes notinkansas liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful ending to Felicite's story Carol!

13. Thanks CiCiCreates thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I loved how Bluesky created a whole backstory for her doll. All the rest of us did was create a character and say what we added on. But really, what a fun swap this was!! I really enjoyed it.

15. Likes notinkansas liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Princess Filigree has arrived back home safe and sound with all her goodies. Along with a very accurate looking passport and various souvenirs, Marilyn had the brilliant idea of making her some little Faberge Eggs! Ruth’s Hopi inspired traveling companion in wonderful, Alyson’s Kentucky Derby attire with fancy hat is stylish, Kelly’s Filigree shoe clips are so cute! Also the lovely trimmed long skirt and delicate lace handkerchief also from Kelly. Kristen started it all by giving Her Highness the blonde braid hairstyle, gorgeous Kokoshnik and fancy collar, all pearl-trimmed! Kristen also made her the tiniest little shoes, and I loved everyone’s journal entries. NIK, are we waiting for everyone to report their doll received, or should I go ahead and leave iTraders now?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there another doll rotation I will be glad to help anyone create a back story for their doll.

18. Likes CiCiCreates liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good ahead and leave iTrader at will!