In Costume! Due December 5

Marie

Marie
Media
• Swap Due Date – December 5
• Withdraw by Date –None.. Just let me know
• Number of Items - 3 for 3
• Number of participants – unlimited
• Media –Any, but please keep embellishments flat and lightweight.

Halloween approaching has me thinking of dress-up play, and that's not the only time we do it. This swap is for those 'costume' moments, be it the little urchins that will be arriving in a month with their sweet tooth showing and their wings a little crooked, the scout who just wants to do a good deed, baby's first Christmas or christening, the dance class for groups of all ages, choir members, wedding parties, graduates, etc. What are those times in life that we don a special set of clothes to mark the day or the season? Lets relive some of those special moments by illustrating them and sharing them with our fellow art lovers. :-)

Swap Requirements:
• All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5” with straight edges
• This swap is 3 for 3. A host card will be celebrated and cared for, and is completely optional
• All cards must be different...no 'identical except for the color' cards.
• Show off your talents. Send work you are proud to share/happy to receive.
• Please enclose each card in it's own plastic sleeve.
• Include username and real name, state/country, date, and swap name on the back of each card ~ also username/swap name on the back of your mailing envelope.
• US Participants – Please include a SASE or large clear label with your address and a forever stamp.
• International Participants - Please send a mailing label and include $1 well-concealed for return postage.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Any late cards will be admired and returned to you unless other arrangements can be made. When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your hostess and you rock points for the artists whose cards you receive.

Examples:
View attachment 199247 "Dress Up For Tea" by CiCiCreates

View attachment 199382 Minion in Costume Thing 1 by mcgillisj

View attachment 199248 Daddy's Girl by Marie View attachment 199729 “First Time On Stage” by Suntrade

That's about it for details. :-) Who wants to play?

Players:
0. Marie
1. Suntrade Arrived :o)
2. CiCiCreates Arrived :0)
3. maryfreeman0622 Arrived :o)

Last edited:
Oh, I love this idea! I’m at a point in time (and commitments) where I really need to limit my swaps, so I’m lurking for now (but very tempted)!

What a beautiful reflection on our human need to mark special occasions with elaborate styles of dress!!! I'm very interested in this swap theme. But I'm going to lurk for a little while until I can find a few suitable images to collage around! :) I'll be "peeking" to see what you all are coming up with for inspiration! Kudos to Marie for a very clever theme!

I, too, need to lurk for now. I don't know exactly when my neck surgery will be now, hopefully before T-giving, and if I'm very lucky, before Halloween. I must finish the swaps I'm already committed to and then will start on some of these. Will let you know if I'm able to formally sign up.

Welcome to the lurker's couch Ancient planter and Lalka.... enjoy your visit, and I hope you join in! ;)

I have been busy getting things ready here. I have another sample card to photograph and post this afternoon, and I also have my first card almost finished! Be back later tonight with more details. :)

Still lurking, Marie, but hope to sign up in a few days. Hope others will too, kind of tough timing I guess. Just thought i’d peek in and bring us back up to the top again.

Hi CiCi, I’ve been slow to get this one moving because of life in general around here. Just got my final sample in place last night. :)

Brainstorming with a friend today for examples of those ‘dress up’ moments. Here’s what we came up with:
*Bike riding* first communion * baptism * 1st day of school * interview suit * working out * Diving *hiking *spelunking *rock climbing * skydiving *photographing snowflakes * Riding horses * races * snowboarding * swimming * *Ballet * welding * artist smock * graduation * medical procedures....
There’s a start at least.
Now to create. :idea:

What about Kindergarten graduation? A shepherd in the Christmas Program? A wise man in the Christmas program? A bunny suit at Easter? A really dressed up little girl at Easter? I love the idea of a bridesmaid (looking at her from behind, with a dress with lots of "back interest". You see, I am already seriously considering what my cards might be! I think all the ideas are very helpful!

Welcome SunTrade, so glad you’re joining in! I really appreciate your letting me use your ‘First Time On Stage’ as an example card. Love this card so much!

OMG Marie that is SO cute, and this swap is such a great idea!!! Let me lurk for now while I knock out some others, and then I'll be officially in ;~)

My 2nd card

The Graduate

View attachment 199761

Cap, gown and tassle... holding diploma. Posing for a photo as she prepares to step through the archway of her school one last time and enter the next phase of her life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom