Mixed Media Bears Swap, Date Due: December 6, 2018

So many lurkers! Glad you are checking out the swap, BArox818, Vicki Z, BluSkyHare, plumhill and zandradee...hope you will all be back with your wonderful bear-filled artwork!

I love this theme, Martha! This month is totally crazy, but since it's not due until December I may be able to actually get something done. Go ahead and sign me up.

Ok techical

The koala (Phascolarctos cinereus, or, inaccurately, koala bear) is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia. It is the only extant representative of the family Phascolarctidae and its closest living relatives are the wombats .

Should we skip Koala? I think of them as bears, but they are not really.

I am asking because I do have Koala rubber stamps. But pretty sure it should be excluded.

Good question, CQ!
Yes, for this swap, we will be sticking with the actual eight species of bears (click on this link for a really good descriptions with pics) and excluding the koala. And whimsical, fantastical, mythological and symbolic representations of these bears are welcomed and encouraged!

(I do think it would be fun, later, though, to do a marsupial swap.)

Good question, CQ!
Yes, for this swap, we will be sticking with the actual eight species of bears (click on this link for a really good descriptions with pics) and excluding the koala. And whimsical, fantastical, mythological and symbolic representations of these bears are welcomed and encouraged!

(I do think it would be fun, later, though, to do a marsupial swap.)

I see now that the link was on the first page, I guess I just thought the text was blue to draw attention to it. I read the info on the link. I am partial to the black bears of North America.

My bears are ready for mailing

View attachment 199990 Background: Acrylic paint, modelling paste, paper napkin. Bears: Alcohol markers, micron pen
View attachment 199991: Gelli print; Bear: Alcohol markers, micron pen
View attachment 199992 Background: Gelli print; Bear: Alcohol markers, micron pen
View attachment 199993 Background: Spray ink, gelatos; Bear: Alcohol Markers, Gold pen, Enamel paint

I apologise for the poor quality scans. I must get a better method!

Those are great dithespy!
I had not hear of the Andean bear, and I'd only been thinking about black bear (we have those in New England) and the brown bear.
Thanks for the link, mrubyjean.

Back
Top Bottom