POSTCARDS, POSTAGE STAMPS & MYSTERY PIECE DUE DEC 12, 2018

ooh they are the THING! Ok actually I don't know. I love the NUVO line, which seems to be connected to TONIC studios. But I bought the powders from Joann's online. ON SALE OF COURSE!!!

It appears you spray the powders with a spray mist bottle, that of course they didn't sell. I did wonder how different this spray bottle may be from any other spray bottle.

I also wonder how different this product is from any powder type paint

https://www.joann.com/nuvo-shimmer-powder/zprd_16113631a.html

DESCRIPTION

Nuvo Shimmer Powders are a unique combination of shimmering mica powder and a vibrant dry pigment. Lightly tap the powder over your desired surface, use the Light Mist Spray Bottle to add water and then watch the colour infuse. You can also mix the powder straight with water and brush to produce a sparkling metallic water based paint. Create beautiful backgrounds, unique textures and marble effects with dazzling colour combinations.

Dithespy, your envelope has arrived. I haven't even opened it yet. I better.

awesome cards. Thanks for a hostess card, I do think I will keep the one with the more patriotic stamps not the awesome background.

I have never tried watercolors. I also have a unsharpened box of PRIMA colored pencils. But I do think I am going to try the NUVO powders I bought recently.

Prismacolor pencils? Unsharpened? Oh dear, my daughter would flip out. That was the first expensive, brand specific art supply that she asked for. NUVO powders look fun!

Re the NUVO powders-
I have something similar called Brusho. I have two colors.
I think the NUVO is probably a finer powder, Brusho is tiny chunks. They both activate with water.

Aha! I'm alive! And I finally made cards! Man, I don't know why I struggled so much with this particular swap, but my muse went into a cave and growled, basically pouted. I had to get serious with her- it's T-minus Go time, girl!!! I had a shining moment of inspiration when I found in my stash an awesome purple polka-dot washi tape, and everything came together pretty slick after that. So here they are, in the nick of time!! They're going out with tomorrow's post.

Post Mystery- Fairy Soap.jpgPost Mystery- New York.jpgPost Mystery- Story.jpgPost Mystery- Dance.jpg

Those cards are perfect. And guess what...? My mother just informed me of No mail service tomorrow because former president Bush died and it’s been declared a day of mourning. Which is typical when a former president dies.

Prismacolor pencils? Unsharpened? Oh dear, my daughter would flip out. That was the first expensive, brand specific art supply that she asked for. NUVO powders look fun!

I know I didn’t buy these pencils. I think they were in a thrift store bag of stuff. I did price them once and thought they were way over my budget esp since I mainly collage.

Ahhhhh, okay. Well, they're in my community post box, which I guess will be picked up Thursday? They should still reach you by the deadline.....let's hope. :/

I don't even remember that ugly stupid fairy soap postcard.

I do remember the busy NYcity postcard, but forgot that you got it.

Here is link to SOrxia's sent items. SO you can see what a masterpiece she made from some UGH

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/sho...Y-PIECE-DUE-DEC-12-2018&p=1996364#post1996364

My "Tell the Story" card with the Thoreau sourpuss stamp was made from the San Diego postcard- the backside was covered with gold rose washi tape, the gold strip, and all those flashy gold stars. You can kind of see the postmark and some writing in the picture, but my camera washes everything out. It's easier to see in person. So that's where that background came from.

prex79 your cards are gorgeous!! I love them. Daydreaming and Mr Big Hand are world class!

Back
Top Bottom