POSTCARDS, POSTAGE STAMPS & MYSTERY PIECE DUE DEC 12, 2018

Media
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?35717-POSTCARDS-POSTAGE-STAMPS-amp-MYSTERY-PIECE-DUE-DEC-12-2018&p=2005114#post2005114Swap Due Date: December 12, 2018
Mail by deadline Nov 28 for International, Dec, 4 th for USA
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6
Number of Participants: 19 committed, artists, who will communicate and participate. No lurkers for this swap.
Open Media: Mixed Media, collage.

Here we go with another challenge from me. My swaps can vary in information from swap to swap please make sure you read and understand the expectation for this swap.

This is my Sour Puss and UGLY/boring postage stamps challenge I mentioned. I added some postcards and a mystery item.

This is a no withdrawal swap, I will leave neutral itrader to those who don’t complete the commitment to this swap. No cards, no contact, mailing after mail by deadline may result in neutral itrader.

If you withdrew from any recent Trash to treasure swaps or similar type swap, even if the host didn't give you a neutral, please don't request a spot for this round. There is a limited number of envelopes and many artists want to play.

I have 19 envelopes. Each envelope is different. The items are not the same, as in the trash to treasure swaps. You will get the 3 used postcards, to use as you want. Yes, you can cut it up, paint over it, gesso over, turn it over and use the side with the hand writing or NOT even use it at all.

10 sourpuss and ugly/boring postage stamps, There will also be a sourpuss postage stamp on the envelope. No, you may not cover them with paint or turn them over. You can alter them, ie, cutting around the image or adding items like mustache, or a crown.

Mystery item. You must have a piece of the mystery item on each card. Yes you will find you could use the mystery item as a tool for mixed media, and you are allowed to do that. But when you are all done you still need one piece on each card. You may paint it or alter it. Turning it over wont help much. It is the same on both sides.

If you want to take photos of the postcards, postage stamps, that I sent before you start creating please do. This isn't required but appreciated.

I am a pretty flexible host, when it comes to some things. Here are few things I can not budge on

1. Your cards must be on sturdy back grounds. The postcards should be sturdy enough.

2. Your cards must be 2.5 x 3.5. Please measure and cut carefully.

3. You can NOT make patriotic/holiday themed cards from the items given, that is part of the challenge.

4.We want to see you joining us in our journey. Posting in this forum that you got your envelope, posting that you mailed and posting that you got your returns is an expectation for this swap. No silent swappers. Please do not make me track you down to get an update. Even though I have written this in each swap, I still have to Pm players who don't provide updates.

5. You must PM me with your address, dont assume, I saved it from a past swap. No pm. No envelope from me. Those folks in the CRRR group just post in the thread that you are in CRRR.

ABOUT MAILING: I have lived here for 15 years and dont plan to move, but pm or post in the thread if you need my mailing info.

Please provide extra postage if you use gems, or brads, or mildly bumpy items. I will get them hand canceled when I mail out.

Instead of you sending me SASE to get the envelope, I will mail them off in good faith, but would really appreciate the reimbursement of my initial mailing costs. Some folks have forgotten this part in the past. It is easy to forget.

USA PLAYERS: It will cost me 71 cents to mail out the envelope to you.
For your returns, You can send a SASE or I can provide a return envelope. But please, provide a large, preferably sticky address label if you are not sending a SASE.

Include return postage based on your cost to send to me, 3 cards most likely can get returned to your for one 50 cent stamp. 6 cards will cost 71 cents or more. Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance.

Mailing INFO International Players: It will cost me $2.30 to send you the envelope to participate, and $1.15 to get 3 cards returned to you. It will cost $2.30 for 6 cards. Contact me about your choice your postal costs.

FLEXIBLE PART: I have plenty of plastic sleeves and the like, so feel free to mail as you choose. I can work with whatever packaging works for you.

Sure I would love a hostess card, but it is not required to particpate.

No really heavy or bulky embellishments. This is the wrong time of year to be playing Russian Roulette with chunky mail and the postal system. Please provide extra postage if you use gems, or brads, or mildly bumpy items. I will get them hand canceled when I mail out.

You can add more postage stamps for your own stash if you need. Please make sure you use at least on stamp that I sent on each card.

For swaps like this, you give itrader to me the host, and You rocks to the players that made the card in your returns. There will be link for your rating convenience. Please be kind and thank the artists who made your card.

YOUR NAME WILL change orange or green when your cards have arrived. The colors mean nothing. Just a contrast of two colors that I like to use.

1. *Suzi
2. *Pouringdiva
3. * Haagmm
4. * JavaZarf
5. Prex79
6. Sorxia
7. Suzieg1013
8. *KatelNorth
9. *Dithespy INT
10. *Amapola
11. *Thouartdelyrias
12. *Amysi
13. ali
14. *Nanvan
15. Jazzears
16. Silky1150
17. Amychelle
18. *Marie
19. Vegan4animals
20. * Mrubyjeans
21. HuddlestonMollie
22. *Heymaggie

Last edited:
well shoot
I cant even lurk
I tried to lurk, it didn't work - I couldn't even hit the post quick reply button.
stamp my visa for the trip to sourpuss land
I like to be contestant 13 please. no reason.
(I am CRRR member)

Heather, I'd love to play, but I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of a Canadian postal workers strike. I don't know if there will be one, but expect some kind of strike action. Of course, I also don't know WHEN it may happen. And you know first hand how dicey my mail service can be. If you are willing to send me the envelope and we can hope it makes it here, I'm thinking the deadline is late enough that I probably can get the cards back to you - unless Canada Post decides to have a long strike and times it to hurt the Xmas mailing.

You know I will happily keep you posted and will post photos of what I get in the envelope and the cards I make. And keep fingers crossed that the mail will be safely delivered in time, in both directions.

What do YOU think?

OK, ok, as you asked so nicely :) You know I can't resist stuff like this. And postage isn't a problem even though it's a bit - I've been in the US recently and hosted a couple of swaps so I am seriously loaded up with US stamps and dollar bills, lol. Count me in (you have my address from the CCRRR).

Wow, this sounds fun! I have read the information and understand the rules. Please sign me up, I will pm my address. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom