POSTCARDS, POSTAGE STAMPS & MYSTERY PIECE DUE DEC 12, 2018

Those are a fun way to use those stamps. I don't have a die cutter, but who knows, I might be able to think outside the box SOMEHOW.

I waited and bought mine for deal an with a gift card so my cost was low. I have gotten my money's worth for sure. Maybe you will find one on sale, somewhere. Yard sale? What do you have over there for what we call a yard sale, rummage sale, garage sale? Or online sellers that are selling items locally? We have let go. Ebay of course, I have heart that there is marketplace on facebook. A friend is using it to sell stuff.

Very cool idea with the die cut cats, CQ5! I have die cut a collage before but not one with postage stamps.

We hardly get any mail with postage stamps anymore in Finland so I may have become too sparing with them. Ypu know, they are no longer a resource that one is getting more of, and since I used to be a stamps collector as a school girl, I still have a hard time using the last one of each kind. So I'm glad I'll get to play with stamps in this swap!

ah
i spy the mystery item
i have questions
as usual
are we to use all the stamps?
is every card supposed to include a sourpuss stamp or just any of the stamps?
i probably won't get my envelope until saturday
but i like to think ahead

I was thinking that you should use one of my stamps per card, and you can add your own. You can also use the stamp on the envelope, I bought them specifically for this swap. International player will get 2 different sourpuss stamps on their envelopes.

View attachment 199960
View attachment 199961
View attachment 199962
Got my envelope. It's been a hard week so I decided to stop everything and focus on these. It was good - I got called for an interview on Monday so I credit it to these cards. I am certainly thankful, grateful and have gratitude....
View attachment 199963
View attachment 199964

Do I need to tell you how I used the supplies? I loved the Indian card so he became 3. If you notice Mary is young in one photo and is getting married in the thankful and grateful card - same person. The stamps became flowers in her hair and the american flag on "forever forever my land" The dark cat postcard was used as background. The lamb head was a stamp. Love the secret item. I also used the ric rak from the postcard on the "thankful and grateful" card. Couldn't believe her wedding suit and the indian shirt were the same color!
Didn't see inspiration in the white postcard - maybe tomorrow I'll see something!

Oh Jazzears, you did a great job. I like the second female the most. I also like how you cut up the stamps for flowers on the first Mary. I am also glad you saw the purple rickrack and thought to use it.

SUPER SUPER use of the flag stamp. I know it can be hard to find an use for the patriotic ones. Your card is a perfect example.

Jazzears, those are stunning!!! I got my awesome envelope today, and already am getting some inspiration from yours :~)

Thank for letting me know you got the envelopes.

I have been cleaning today and yesterday.

I found another postcard. I think I can make one more envelope for an even 20.

BTW, I am not cleaning my craftroom I am cleaning my.... exercise room? Yes, I guess that is what I am trying to make it into. It has a very dusty elliptical machine and a big tv, and green couch where I read books, and books. and boxes that I have to clear out. I made progress but I am out of recycling room in my bin, and my neighbors. So maybe I should take a break. It looks better. I have not had the energy to tackle this mess. I found some energy lately.

the fun "before" stuff
View attachment 199970

one of my work cats
she thinks she is an indian princess because of her painted nose
her name is Callie
she had two sets of kittens before we had her fixed - and we adopted out all of her adorable kittens
she is very loving but thinks she has to bump her head on my hand when I try to take her picture
this one is sort of in focus

View attachment 199971

Back
Top Bottom