October PAT (Pick A Theme)/Open Media/ATCs/Due Date: December 10th

Ferretgirl, I am due to host the MID DEC PAT, in 2 days, and I really wonder if it a dying breed.

You had many sets not arrive. And past pats are the same.

I have some thoughts on hosting a PAT, I wonder how other hosts feel about it?

I'm getting worried about my cards. I would have thought they would be with you by now. :unsure:

I've sent mine over a month ago and they still haven't arrived. I think it must be the season and it takes longer mailing from Europe. Although some other mail I sent to US has arrived in regular time.:huh: I'm hoping they show up.

Less participants and each round at least one person doesnt make the deadline. I do love to participate, as a player.

i really enjoy PATS .. i set a date for myself about midway to the deadline to get these finished .. otherwise that date seems to close in .. just my input! these are a little trickier because of the different themes - but that is the beauty of the PATs to me!

I usually start thinking about the themes as soon as the groups are complete. Often I find at least one theme challenging and a bit of a puzzle. I like to get both groups completed as soon as possible and mailed in good time. Unfortunately, this time I didn't have the opportunity to get on with them and now I know all about the problem of the mailing system- especially the international mail.

I also enjoy PATs. It's challenging and fun to create something for a specific person. And I'll admit, it's fun to receive a set of my theme that was made just for me.

I agree. PATs are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, around the holidays mail tends to get bogged down with all the holiday mail going through.

It's so unpredictable. I sent out my PAT cards a week before I mailed the Cats & Dogs in Hats swap. They are already arriving in their new homes - so where are the PAT cards loitering?

Well, I live clear across the US, too, so that makes a bit of a difference. Our mail needs to go to Spokane first so if it comes here to Yakima; it then has to be re-routed to Spokane & then sent back to Yakima. Isn't that ridiculous? We think so!!

I feel like I live closer to Ferretgirl than some but in reality Washington is very far north and it takes a long time for mail delivery. I am not sure how long it takes from the east coast to the west, but it does take a long time. FEDERAL WAY is stop in the PO line that I see often when I use tracking.

It does take a long time for mail delivery here. Really? Federal Way is even further out than we are here in Yaki-Vegas as I like to call it.

PATs are typically the only swaps I sign up for. Don't worry, we're not a dying breed. I understand about the snaffoos of international mailing but maybe something can eventually be done about the flakes that don't communicate. Possibly not allow them to play in other swaps until they follow through w/ the PAT? Just thinking out loud. I'll continue to PAT and am anxiously awaiting my returns.

I love the PATs! But I did get a bit discouraged a couple years ago when my cards got totally lost on the way and didn’t end up making it... They arrived back at my house a couple months later, and I did my best to mail them to individuals (two groups worth). I just remember feeling so guilty about it!

Back
Top Bottom