October PAT (Pick A Theme)/Open Media/ATCs/Due Date: December 10th

I remember working hard to get my 15 itraders so I could be in a PAT, an then working hard to host a PAT. I also remember the APCs groups filling up really fast. I would stalk the OPEN FoRUm and the list of who was hosting the next pat, so I could get a spot.

I am not really sure why I do even host a PAT. I mean, it isn't them specific so that isn't the perk for me. I do have to admit the swapping is easier since you don't have to thing about who will like which card. The hard part is when players don't complete the commitment and folks who made specific cards for others get them back.

I like doing themed PATs but they seem harder to fill up than regular PATs. I have done a Halloween PAT, an animal PAT, a color themed PAT. I remember when PATs used to fill up soooo fast. I mean artists were practically fighting for spots. Not so much like that, anymore.

There ARE rules in place about people who don't follow through properly with PATs - because they can be given neutral or negative iTrader, and then they aren't allowed to join other PATs, etc. Doesn't stop them joining other swaps, but it's not so much of a problem in those swaps if people flake out.

PATs are typically the only swaps I sign up for. Don't worry, we're not a dying breed. I understand about the snaffoos of international mailing but maybe something can eventually be done about the flakes that don't communicate. Possibly not allow them to play in other swaps until they follow through w/ the PAT? Just thinking out loud. I'll continue to PAT and am anxiously awaiting my returns.

I remember those days, lol.

I recently hosted my first PAT and enjoyed it, generally speaking, but it is kind of stressful because you have to do more chasing up of people who haven't sent their cards. And sometimes you have to organise returning late or inanppropriate cards.

I might do another one someday, but as I live outside the US (and therefore it's a lot more expensive to host a swap as I can't just get people to send a stamped envelope and I have to buy the stamps myself) I will probably stick to hosting simpler swaps, where if the cards don't show up by the swap date, that person just doesn'tn get anything back.

I do really enjoy joining them, though, so I hope people keep hosting them!

I like doing themed PATs but they seem harder to fill up than regular PATs. I have done a Halloween PAT, an animal PAT, a color themed PAT. I remember when PATs used to fill up soooo fast. I mean artists were practically fighting for spots. Not so much like that, anymore.

I've had this happen as well (though mine never came back to me). It sucks, but it's one of the reasons I always post pictures of my finished cards in the thread - then at least everyone knows it's the fault of the postal system and not me!

I love the PATs! But I did get a bit discouraged a couple years ago when my cards got totally lost on the way and didn’t end up making it... They arrived back at my house a couple months later, and I did my best to mail them to individuals (two groups worth). I just remember feeling so guilty about it!

Group 6, 7 & 8 Your ATCs will be going out in the next couple of days. Thank you so much for your patience!!

Okay, I got a little bit over half way done on these. Will be sending out some sets in the mail in the morning. Whew!

QueenBee, Your swaps came in yesterday; thank you for the extra ATCs!!

So her group will be going in the mail tomorrow. Thank you, guys, for your patience!!

Received my returns from my two groups and I have to say.
WOW....Everyone went above and beyond. Super Duper.

Collette Thank you so much for hosting.

Received my cards! Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful work! Off to leave iTrader

Yay!! Happy day! My group 6 and 7 cards arrived today. They are absolutely amazing! Thank you! I'll leave I traders later.

YAY! I received my returns from Group #1 and #8 today :) Thank you Group #1 notinkansas, karenr, TerriF, casivonmir! Thank you Group #8 Donnacr, trini70, Annie, ThouArtDelyrias! Love all my cards! Special thanks to ferretgirl for hosting! :) Going to leave iTraders now!

Got my group 8 cards a few days ago. They're all so pretty and colorful. Thanks Essy, ThouArtDelyrias, Donnacr & Annie! Extra special thanks to ferretgirl for hosting.

My Group 4 cards arrived today - thanks to queenbee, ferretgirl, monroy28 and mwilding for their winged things and thanks to ferretgirl for hosting.

Will leave iTrader soon, though I'll have to wait a bit to do your second one, Collette.

Wow! You guys actually got those pretty fast. See what happens when there are not three major holidays right in a row!!??

Back
Top Bottom