October PAT (Pick A Theme)/Open Media/ATCs/Due Date: December 10th

ferretgirl

Comic Book Hero
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – December 10, 2018
Withdrawal Deadline – None; no withdrawals allowed
Number of ATCs – 1 ATC per person per group (total of 4 ATCs per group)
Number of Participants – 8 groups of 5 players per group
Theme – Chosen by players

October Pick-a-theme (PAT)/Open Media/Due December 10th

PAT Guidelines/Rules:
1. In order to participate in this PAT, you must:
• Have an established iTrader rating of +15.
• Have received no negatives within the past 6 months.
• Have received no neutrals within the past 3 months.
2. Themes must be chosen within 48 hours of joining the swap.
3. You may only join up to 2 groups.
4. Each ATC must be the standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
5. Each ATC must be original and unique.
6. You must follow the themes requested by your group participants EXACTLY. Theme is the main focus of a PAT, so no deviations from theme requests are allowed. If a player requests a green cat and a blue one is submitted, it will be returned.
7. Embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight; no bulky embellishments.
8. ATCs must have a sturdy background. You must have 2 layers!
9. Each ATC must be in an individual plastic sleeve (please no connecting photo album sleeves without also including individual sleeves).
10. Each ATC should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, your location, group number, and recipient name.

Mailing Guidelines:
1. Please mail ATCs in a business sized envelope, spreading the ATCs over the space of the envelope. On the back of your envelope please put down the swap name, your user name & the Group(s) you are signed up for.
2. Please protect your ATCs from damage in the mail by including a cardstock background or folder, or by placing individual cards within sturdy sleeve protectors.
3. If you tape your ATCs onto a sturdy background when mailing, please use an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape. I don’t want anyone’s beautiful artwork to be damaged by tape.
4. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return ATCs.
5. If you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns if you are in just one group. Include a stamp for an additional ounce if you are in two groups.
6. If you are mailing internationally, please provide the following for your returns:
a. A large label with your name/address clearly written on it for returns.
b. Two well-concealed $1 bills per group. I am also set up for Pay Pal in case you don't have any $$$. PM me for that info.

Make Note:
I AM AN ON-TIME HOST!!! I WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOUR ATCs! THEY NEED TO BE TO ME EITHER ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 10th. Late ATCs--regardless of the reason (health, personal tragedy, job demands, etc.)--will result in a neutral iTrader from me and possibly each of the other participants in your group(s). No ATCs at all will result in a negative iTrader not only from me, the host, but also from your fellow artists in your group(s). When you are ready to mail your ATCs, please just private message me for my address. iTraders will be given when ATCs are received by me and appropriate theme material is verified. * If all ATCs in your group(s) have arrived to me before the due date then I will mail them out earlier. *

*A host ATC would make me tickled pink but is never required.
*After you have received your ATCs please make sure to leave an iTrader for your host (me) and for each participant in your group(s).

Now let's have some fun!!

Last edited:
Themes for October PAT/Pick A Theme

Group 1 – HD/HP – Easy Themes/FULL
1. Essy Robots RECEIVED
2. TerriF Peace signs RECEIVED
3. casivonmir Alice from Alice in Wonderland RECEIVED
4. karenr Cats RECEIVED
5. notinkansas Goldfish RECEIVED

Group 2 – HD/HP – Regular Themes/FULL
1. TerriF Bees realistic RECEIVED
2. dithespy Art nouvea women RECEIVED
3. Beverley Steampunk cats RECEIVED
4. flowerlily64 Whimsical owls RECEIVED
5. NatashaMay A boy with a fennec fox

Group 3 – HD/HP – Regular Themes/FULL
1. flowerlily64 Big eyed critters RECEIVED
2. karenr Frida Kahlo RECEIVED
3. Wykyd Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) RECEIVED
4. NatashaMay Geisha with a fox
5. casimonvir Mad Hatter RECEIVED

Group 4 – Mixed Media and/or Collage – Easy Themes/FULL
1. katelnorth Things with wings (things that would not normally have wings) RECEIVED
2. ferretgirl A queen with a crown on
3. Queen Bee Fox/foxes RECEIVED
4. Monroy28 Paris RECEIVED
5. mwilding Bird's nest RECEIVED

Group 5 – Mixed Media and/or Collage -- Regular Themes
1. KiraCat Abstract NO ATCS/NO COMMUNICATIONS
2. Allegrae The dreaded holiday fruit cake RECEIVED
3. Haagmm Moose RECEIVED
4. ferretgirl Raccoon/s

Group 6 – Altered Playing Cards (APCs) – FULL
1. dithespy Steampunk Pl 2: Ace Diamonds/Pl 3: Two Diamonds/Pl 4: Three Diamonds/Pl 5: Four Diamonds RECEIVED
2. JudyLee Sun/Moon or stars Pl 1: Eight of Hearts/Pl 3: Eight of Diamonds/Pl 4: Eight of Clubs/Pl 5: Eight of Spades RECEIVED
3. ThouArtDelyrias Buterflies Pl 1: Five of Spades/Pl 2: Four of Spades/Pl 4: Three of Spades/Pl 5: Two of Spades RECEIVED
4. CastleQueen5 One or both of the 1970's tv show Elektra Woman & Dyna Girl (See post #16) Pl 1: Five Diamonds/Pl 2: Six Diamonds/Pl 3: Seven Diamonds/Pl 5: Eight Diamonds RECEIVED
5. Sorxia Suns with or without a quote Pl 1: Five Spades/Pl 2: Six spades/Pl 3: Seven Spades/Pl 4: Eight Spades RECEIVED

Group 7 – Altered Playing Cards (APCs)/FULL
1. CastleQueen 5 Witchiepoo from HR Pufnstuf TV show(see post #17) Pl 2: King of Diamonds/Pl 3: Queen of Diamonds/Pl 4: Jack of Diamonds/Pl 5: Ten of Diamonds RECEIVED
2. Sorxia Saints (Not the football players) Pl 1: Two Hearts/Pl 3: Three Hearts/Pl 4: Four Hearts/Pl 5: Five Hearts RECEIVED
3. Allegrae Christmas Pudding See Post #99 RECEIVED
4. JudyLee Buddah with text Pl 1: Two of hearts/Pl 2: Two of diamonds/Pl 3: Two of clubs/Pl 5: Two of spades RECEIVED
5. MountainsAndClouds Moon On A String Pl 1: Four of Diamonds/Pl 2: Six of Diamonds/Pl 3: Six of Clubs/Pl 4: Eight of Clubs RECEIVED

Group 8 -- Z entangled -- Regular Themes/FULL
1. ThouArtDelyrias Cactus or Cacti RECEIVED
2. Donnacr Grid based pattern (See post #32) RECEIVED
3. Essy Mushrooms RECEIVED
4. trini70 Multi-colored Zentangle (See post #58) RECEIVED
5. Annie Artist's favorite tangles with a touch of their favorite color RECEIVED

Last edited:
Well I am the first to play.

Hello ferretgirl. Thank you for hosting :)

I would love to be in groups 2 and 3 please

group 2~ Bees realistic

Group three~ Peace signs

Last edited:
Could I join Group 2: H/D Regular Theme- Art Nouveau Women and
Group 6: APCs - Steampunk Pl2:Ace Diamonds; Pl3: 2 Diamonds; Pl4: 3 Diamonds; Pl5: 4 Diamonds

please?

CastleQueen5, I did not make any stipulations this time about themes in the APC groups so you can do both groups if you are interested in doing so.

Last edited:
Okay, CastleQueen, can you please look everything over & make sure I got it all? Double set of eyeballs never hurts:jiggy:

CastleQueen, you did it again! Elektra woman and Dyna girl didn't travel to the UK so it's another new one for me. But H R PufnStuf did find its way to British TV - probably because it starred Jack Wild. It was around the time of BananaSplitz, if I remember correctly.

Yes, it was in fact around because of BananaSplitz. The costume designers were asked to make another show.

I can still hear the song for Electra Woman and Dyna girl in my head today. I loved the show and the thing is it only had 16 episodes. I read that they were very short, like 11 minutes, so they condensed them to 8 on DVD. I guess the rest of the time was for commercials. Most TV shows are 21-25 minutes with time for commercials.

Back
Top Bottom