"Ain't Life Just Ducky" ATC swap... Due Nov 28, 2018

Linda4atc

ATC Addict
Friend of AFA
Media
ALL RETURNS MAILED ON 12/3/2018
Swap Due Date - Nov, 28, 2018
Signup/withdraw date - communicate please
(suggested mail by dates !1/23 in the USA and 11/16 international)
Number of Cards - 3 for 3, or 6 for 6(No copies)
Number of participants - unlimited
Open to all Mediums - only original art (NOT REQUIRED but cards may be inspired by Nancy's Just Ducky hand drawn cards)
Example would be to show how this poor guy got buried, or show someone helping him...
1_HELP.jpg

NO EMBELLISHMENTS, they cost more to mail.

We lost our Dear friend Just Ducky but she will always be in our hearts. This swap is for all Ducks, I want it to be joyful. If you wish to do cards inspired by the wonderful hand drawn Just Ducky cards in your collection please post images of Nancy's card and then your New take on that card.

Details....
~All cards must include a DUCK
~ Cards must be 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.
~ Each card should be a little different (original)
~ only send your best work.
~ Include username and real name on the back of all cards.
~ Cards should be sturdy but not thick. If marker ink seeps through you should probably back the card.

Please allow plenty of mailing time. I may be doing a Grandma trip at the start of December and need to be swapped out before then.

Mailing... Mail goes to my Philo POBox
~ Send your cards in individual protective sleeves.
~ US Players send a business sized SASE with Forever stamp (I have plenty of envelopes if you wish to do the large label and unused Forever stamp)
~ International Players please send large addressed label (or paper, not small return address labels). I'll cover the postage.

Please have fun with this swap, feel free to share your comments and your art with all of us! I'm here if you have any questions. (each name is link to original post for ease of giving Rep points for cards received)

PARTICIPANTS: Returns received in red
0. Linda4atc ~host
1. Beverly ~ you rock link
2. dithespy ~ you rock link
3. Seascape131 ~ you rock link
4. Jean ~ had to withdraw
5. CastleQueen5 ~ you rock link
6. Suzi ~ you rock link
7. Stahlrala ~ you rock link
8. jo.on.the.go ~ you rock link

Last edited:
Hiya JavaZarf have a seat next to ferretgirl. I'll make some cookies, and see if there is any Bailey's in the kitchen. I know Nancy used to joke about bringing Bailey's to the party.View attachment 200122

Last edited:
Signed you dithespy, Seascape131 and Jean, welcome. mwilding I hope you and the other lurkers decide to get off the couch and join in. We can't have too many ducks.

Count me in. It'll be hard to have fun with it, though. *sniff* Pass the Bailey's, please. To you, Nancy. :(
I understand what you mean, Every time I really get thinking about our loss I start to cry. But remembering Nancy's great humor and all smiles she gave us with the life she gave to her Duck makes me smile.

When Dad died, I painted tons of landscapes, his favorite art subject. In each, I put a single bird flying in the distance with a nod to my father. Some I traded, some I swapped, the first few I kept.

When Mama died, I painted loads of daisies as that was her name. Some I traded, don't think I swapped any, but some I put a note on the back identifying the card as a tribute with a request to pray for peace, Mama's lifelong prayer, with instructions to abandon them.

It helped, somehow. I still cried and grieved, but..it helped. So, I'll work on cards and probably cry but in the end, I know I'll feel better for having done it.

Oh Linda, what a lovely idea. I'll lurk for a bit and see if I can recreate something "ducky" to share. I'm going to be at SeARTle next week, so perhaps that can be one of my projects. :duck:

DUCK-Delicious cards, Beverly!!!!
I suppose I will have to sign up to have any chance of getting any of your cards......
LOVE that Vampire Duck -- Duckside of the Moon.
(Only Lurking, Linda!)

Ducky was such a multi-talented gal -- she made Witchy Halloween cards for me, and sheep related gifts and cards for lilbad, and mouse cards for Mouseit, or whatever thought or theme pleased YOU, for her trades. It was always about your wishes, not really hers!
I am soooo sad to lose such a wonderful woman, and know I will never get another PM, nor be able to claim another piece of her awesome art. Fortunately, I have a binder full of memories.

I miss her, her humor, and her funny cards, so much!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom