Postage Stamp APCs and/or Bird APCs - Kings - Due Dec 31

loooove vintage playing cards lol

(just be careful, some won't be ATC sized, they'll only be, like, 2 1/4" wide or something if I remember correctly)

hope you decide to join us! :)

My current cards that I'm using to make APCs are standard poker size. But, If we have playing cards that are bridge size (3.5 x 2.25 inches) can we mount it on a piece of cardstock to make up the other 1/4 inch? Or is that a no-no?

Yes, actually all but one of those 7 decks I bought are BRIDGE CARDS. But I do have one deck I can use. I suppose the rest are useless for any kind of APC swapping? The cute vintage ones are all bridge cards. I had no idea there was a difference in playing card sizes. Anyway, I'm working on ideas. Still lurking for now.

loooove vintage playing cards lol

(just be careful, some won't be ATC sized, they'll only be, like, 2 1/4" wide or something if I remember correctly)

hope you decide to join us! :)

My current cards that I'm using to make APCs are standard poker size. But, If we have playing cards that are bridge size (3.5 x 2.25 inches) can we mount it on a piece of cardstock to make up the other 1/4 inch? Or is that a no-no?

that would just make it an ATC. Part of the allure of APCs is the backing of the playing card. You should, of course, make a small label to put on it with your info on it, but most of the back should be showing.

Yes, actually all but one of those 7 decks I bought are BRIDGE CARDS. But I do have one deck I can use. I suppose the rest are useless for any kind of APC swapping? The cute vintage ones are all bridge cards. I had no idea there was a difference in playing card sizes. Anyway, I'm working on ideas. Still lurking for now.

some players are willing to trade the smaller sized, but for swaps they must all be ATC sized. :)

Kynara, would you please sign me up and put me in the Postage Stamp group? Thanks!
I'm mailing my cards today. :)

awesome, welcome!

and Aces is still open if you want to try to do the full deck ;) I'll be doing each number from Aces down to twos. Each new one will begin around the 15th of every month

that would just make it an ATC. Part of the allure of APCs is the backing of the playing card. You should, of course, make a small label to put on it with your info on it, but most of the back should be showing.

I use my full size backing on mine, but just attach it at the top, so it can be flipped up to see the backs. Is that ok?

I use my full size backing on mine, but just attach it at the top, so it can be flipped up to see the backs. Is that ok?

it would be better to let the back show naturally, that way people who store them in binders can still see the playing card back. maybe make a smaller backing to attach to the back?

it would be better to let the back show naturally, that way people who store them in binders can still see the playing card back. maybe make a smaller backing to attach to the back?

Will do. I didn't think about them being displayed in an album. Thanks.

KYNARA

Have you received my envelope with the kings, queens and jacks yet?

I have been working on getting both decks finished early - I have the postage stamp set all planned out and nearly finished and am half way through the bird set.
I guess that means please sign me up to both groups.

My cards will be in the mail on Monday.
What theme could I choose for the postage stamps but Kings?

Donnacr's fabulous set of kings caught my eye in the gallery- I absolutely adore your King Lear APC, as it is my favourite Shakespeare play! Sign me up for the postage stamp group, please :)

I really should play in these swaps. I've never cared if I had a full deck or not but I got three decks of cards at an estate sale for 50 cents. Thing is, turns out they're pinochle decks and are comprised of Ace through 9 only. Who Knew? Not me. That said, I'll continue lurking and waiting to be inspired.

Back
Top Bottom