Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween/Fall ATART

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Halloween/Fall ATART

Your Hosts for this wonderful time of creation will be (in alphabetical order): donnacr and friends

Start time (in MY time zone) 12:01am (JUST after midnight) on Tuesday October 30 and end time 11:59pm (midnight) Sunday November 4 in the latest time zone, or thereabouts. . .

What we can do: ATCs, APCs, ATCoins, 4x6's, Inchies (1" x1"), Twinchies (2" x2"), Moos (1" x2.75"), Chunkies (4" x4"), charms, jewellery, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, post cards, or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!

All mediums are welcome: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting (though this may be a little hard to mail ). . .

All styles are welcome: zentangles, stamps (postage and rubber), stickers, alcohol inks. . .

And of course we can trade.

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES FOR THIS ATART:
    Tuesday:
    use Halloween colours of purple,green and orange OR all things Fall (falling leaves, apples, autumn harvest, autumn colours, etc)

Wednesday:
    scary, spooky, creepy OR cuter than cute, whimsical, cuddly

Thursday:
    Halloween OR Autumn OR Steampunk

Friday:
    Critters, pets and monsters
    Halloween - black cats/bats/spiders, ghosts/ghouls/goblins, vampires/mummies/witches, scarecrows, pumpkins
    Autumn - scarecrows, pumpkins (NOT Halloween), sunflowers, fun black birds, pumpkin spice coffee

Saturday:
    Trick or treat OR Dia de los Muertos OR phobias (for a list of the top 100 https://www.fearof.net/ )

Sunday:
    completing all unfinished creations

What IS an ATART?
    It's an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, done over the same time in each time zone. This thread will be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
    Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your A-thon Gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time as people are awake in different time zones.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
    When you see a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (PM) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread - it can get way too confusing and may be missed in all the chatter.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send it to your trade partner within two weeks. If you're running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
    And you will. . . remember you can click the You Rock button and leave your compliment/comment there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It's easiest to have 2 windows open.
    1) Go to your Gallery and right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes "Copy image location".
    2) Click on "Copy".
    3) Go to your post in the thread and hit the 'Insert image' button (looks like a postcard at the top of your post).
    4) Paste the address (right click, click "paste' or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up. (You paste the address from the properties box in your Gallery over the http thingy that shows when you open the 'insert image' box)
    5) Repeat the above until you have a maximum of 10 images (all that the program will allow per post) and then you are done

EXAMPLE: [IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg[/IMG

(I left the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be 'small', 'medium' or 'large'. Find the word (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:
    1) Click GO ADVANCED at the bottom of the messages screen. In the new screen, above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face.
    2) Click on ADD FILES, and then click BROWSE. This will allow you to browse your computer and choose the image you wish to upload.
    3) Repeat this for a maximum of 5 thumbnails (all the program will allow per post). These will show at the bottom of your post.

NEW TO ATARTS?
    If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

IMPORTANT:REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARDS. You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.
    Last edited by Donnacr; 10-29-2018 at 03:05 AM.

lunamoth is offline Take a deep breath and smile.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goodie ... an ATART. I plan to play.
    Last edited by lunamoth; 10-21-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Just have fun with your art!

3. Likes catladybj liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was having Athon withdrawal. I have tried to give a Halloween theme AND a Fall theme for each day but any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

welcome lunamoth, I will be issuing invitations later today.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checking in! Glad you are hosting this again.
    Welcome to take a look at my blog, Instagram account and APC wishlist!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reminder. I definitely want to play!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the invitation; I will try and participate when I can

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I SO want to play in this, But I’m having cervical fusion surgery on the 30th and won’t be up for it. I’m coming home on Halloween with a lovely incision across my throat - perfect look for the day! - on pain killers and probably in a neck brace, unable to move my head around much. But I’ll be thinking of you all and hoping to join in next time!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of a different cervical area. Thinking hmmm why would one need to fuse that area? but read on, dear readers, read on.

We are thinking of you Ancient Planter.

11. Thanks Ancient Planter thanked this post
    Likes CynthiaSillitoe, mwilding, Amapola liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME!!!!!!
    I plan to participate.
    Last edited by Vicki Z; 11-04-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My doctor was sick Monday so I now have an appointment on the first. But I am pretty sure I can play the other days. I will try to get some things gathered together and cut out in hopes of inspiring my Muse.
    New Chat thread. Here's the link, spread the word!
    ... i S o L a T i O n...F u N ....What are you working on?
    Tags are chat, create, isolation boredom busters, learn, share ideas
    ~ JOURNAL CHAT(and scrapbook) ~
    MY AVAILABLES ATCs I may also have available ATCoins

smallgirl is offline Physically distance and keep flattening the curve!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the invite but I am going to sit this one out...I have new responsibilities at work and they are eating up a lot of my time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to all those who have indicated they plan to play - does anyone have suggestions for extra themes?

Those who won't be joining us - you will be missed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just put all of my Halloween stuff away....but it can always come back out! I'll play if I can!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to play.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since you asked about extra themes. I dont actually collect Halloween Cards, but I do make them for others.

I do like black cats, bats, and pumpkins that are not Halloween, and I love pumpkins spice coffee cards.

scarecrows with sunflowers are also fun. black birds.

I also tend to create and like cards with skeletons on them. Esp if they are funny, or deep, and not creepy.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have two in my gallery that are up for adoption. One is a fraken house, and the other has a big black spider on it.

jo.on.the.go is online now going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    bookmarking

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now as I dig through stuff for preparation, I'm really drawn to the usual subjects for me: women, cats, postage stamps, elephants, but I'm open to anything. I don't have a lot of fall or Halloween stuff around, but I'm happy to collect it.