"OXYMORONS" open media, Due Jan 8th 2019

Media
Due JAN 8th 2019,

Withdrawal date None just communicate.
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants 30 ish

Mediums: ALL are welcomed, mixed media, collage, digital, Zentangle, Photography, hand drawn, hand painted, All are welcomed. I will strive to trade media for media etc.

THEME OXYmorons :huh: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction

http://www.fun-with-words.com/oxym_oxymoronology.html

A FEW EXAMPLES two words oxymorons

open secret, larger half, clearly confused, act naturally, alone together, Hell's Angels,
found missing, liquid gas. civil engineer, deafening silence, seriously funny, living dead,
Microsoft Works, military intelligence, jumbo shrimp, Advanced BASIC, tragic comedy,
unbiased opinion, virtual reality, definite maybe, original copies, pretty ugly, same difference,
plastic glasses. almost exactly, constant variable, even odds, minor crisis, extinct life, genuine imitation, exact estimate, only choice, freezer burn, free love, working holiday, rolling stop,

Each card needs only one oxymoron, only ONE compound word or two words. A complete sentence is not required. One word oxymorons: https://atkinsbookshelf.blog/tag/single-word-oxymorons/

Each card needs at least one Moron, :D Yep. I said that, a moron. Human or animal, but you need at least one per card.

MORON a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod;
Please keep in mind we are not trying to make fun of any race, religion, gender or even hair color, but to add an image to cards that some how conveys the message of your chosen oxymoron. I have some examples that I made below.

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base, Shaped cards are welcomed. house shaped, doll shaped cat shaped, but the must meet the size requirement.
* All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves or a 3 by 3 card protector
* All cards must be original works not reprints
* Each card does not need to be different, but can be if you choose that route. You can make 3 or 6 the same if you want, no one will shame you.
* The back of your card needs your name, and AFA user name, Please add the swap name to the back as well: OXYMORONS
*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main focus.

ABOUT MAILING AND POSTAGE

* When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address, but I have not moved in 15 years.
* I dont need a SASE, just give me an sticky address label and some return postage. I will provide the envelopes. If you want to send a SASE that is fine with me.

* USA players it will cost one USA forever stamp to return 3 cards to you, and 71 cents or more for 6 cards. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 21 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled. I dont mind going to the PO. I live one mile from the PO.

* International players it will cost me $1.15 to to return 3 cards to you. Please enclose a global USA stamp, or $1, or contact me for alternatives. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 21 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled.

I project that it will cost me $2.30 to send 6 cards internationally depending on weight. I will gladly take your countries postage equivalent, as I do join international swaps from time to time.

Returns
* When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

There is no penalty for withdrawal, and no withdrawal date, but please communicate, no cards, no communication may result in neutral itrader from me the host. I will swap right away, so please mail by the mail by date.

Your name will be changed to any color once your cards are received.

0. Castlequeen5
1. Carol
2. * Suzi
3. kathleenlovesflorida
4.* Essy
5.* Mushu
6. * Haagmm
7. * BluSkyHare
8. *AnitaMac
9. *Silky1150
10. huddlestonmollie
11. Withdrawn
12. Vegan4animals
13. *cheyenneshea
14. ArtsyAud
15. *AuntieDeb
Southern weirdo NC?
Roadbike NC?
Hem18 NC?

Last edited:
I am up for the day. fed the indoor calico, UNA, but hubby said she was fed. I fed her anyway. She is thin. She wanted more. Fed the dogs, and then went to open the door to let the cool air in. The mostly outdoor calico, Patches comes running and she wants to be fed OUTSIDE, away from UNA and the dogs.
So on my second cup of coffee, and hoping to get a few more brave players.

I am also a DEFINITE FOR SURE probable... love this concept, and ideas are already stewing. Let me complete a few other sets so I'll know for sure I can get them done in time... loving it ;~)

Back
Top Bottom