Build a Holiday House with ATCs - Due January 17, 2019

Marie

Marie
Media
Swap Due Date – January 17, 2019
Signup/withdraw date – January 2, 2019
Number of Cards – 7 for 7
Number of participants - 30

Let's build a HoLIdaY house with ATCs! This swap is for 7 cards total: 5 room cards, 1 extra-wide roof card and 1 door card.

This time we are turning the house around. Each card should represent the interior of a room - as if looking in from the hallway. Your windows, if included, will be behind the scene. This swap is designed to fit in your binder ‘pocket letter style’. Use paint, markers, collage, transfers, embossing, layers, fabric, etc… -- make it interesting! Your house can be a cottage, a castle, a Victorian mansion, a brownstone, any home where people celebrate holidays. You will receive in return 7 cards that create a ‘crazy quilt’ holiday style house. Feel free to add interest by including people, pets, activities etc… what would you like to see?

Blueprint:
• Please NO bulky/heavy embellishments. (Many times these get damaged in transit. They also make framing and mailing-especially overseas- more difficult. When placed in a binder, these embellishments can damage the card facing them.)
• Roof card should measure 7 ½ w x 2 ½ H
• Roof card may be done as 3 separate cards if you prefer- this will be considered 1 card
• Roof card and door card may represent interior OR exterior of the house
• Roof card ONLY may be shaped, and should still be upright
• Hostess cards are not required but would be cherished if sent, and ANY part of the house would be welcomed.
• Please include your AFA name, real name and swap name on the back of your card
• Have fun!

Mailing:
Include a self-addressed envelope or large mailing label for returns.
Please protect your ATCs in sleeves. Roof cards do not need sleeves.

US participants: Please enclose two Forever stamps

International participants: Please send $2 US well concealed or contact me for PayPal information. I will cover any additional cost.

About Returns:
When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived, Also please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too

View attachment 201902 View attachment 201904 View attachment 202204

Houses above by Marie, Carol and Kae.Ryan respectively.

Who wants to build a holiday village with me?

Construction Crew:

0. Marie
1. Carol Received
3. redplantlady Received
4. valentina22 Received
5. Kae.Ryan Received

Last edited:
Welcome Carol and ali! I’m excited to start building with you both! I’ll sign you up right now. :)
And welcome Bluesky! First to the lurkers couch! You’re welcome to hang out as long as you like, and I hope you decide to join us!

Like this....

This is a sample from my last”Build a House with ATC’s” Swap. Of course this time the house is wider (full page of a binder) and we’ll be looking at the interior instead of the exterior.

I’ll be working up some more accurate samples soon. :)

View attachment 200880

Last edited:
Welcome to lurkers corner pouringdiva. Glad you’re here. :)

I hope to get some sample cards posted tomorrow afternoon.

Added a couple samples above. They’re also my first two cards... ;)

Last edited:
I’ve got my roof pretty much done :-)

I loaded the three pieces I have done so far in the description. I hope this is making it more clear what we’re trying to do here…

View attachment 200975

Just finished my 4th card... in the example section. Only 3 to go. I need bedrooms and an entryway now.

Now that my other Swap is finished I can get back to working on my house. :-) Trying to come up with Holiday bath room ideas now.....

Carol, your very merry holiday house arrived today! Thank you for the super special host card. :) May I post photos?

Back
Top Bottom