Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATCoins: Holiday Lights! - Open Media - Due December 14, 2018

ali is offline in need of (more) coffee...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

ATCoins: Holiday Lights! - Open Media - Due December 14, 2018

Due Date: December 14, 2018
    Withdraw-by Date: Anytime (just please communicate with me if/when things change)
    Number of Coins: 3/3
    Number of Participants: 12 (first swap cap)
    Media: Any (as long as it fits into sleeve)

HOLIDAY LIGHTS ARTIST TRADING COINS!!!

The holidays can be be many things: joyful, sad, exciting, lonely, hopeful, stressful. One element of the season that always lifts me up is seeing the lights that start to come out around this time of the year. Maybe you've had the same experience... it could be a lone candle in the window, or it could be an electric bill-shattering display worthy of Clark W. Griswold Jr.; whatever it is, it evokes a strong reaction in you. So for this swap, create your own holiday lights to be shared with others. It can be any holiday and any color(s), bright or soft, sharp or blurry... your interpretation of the universal language of holiday lights :~)

SWAP REQUIREMENTS:

-Coins need to have a diameter of 2.5 inches; if you don't have a 2.5 circle die or punch, please make sure you cut your circles neatly.
    -Use whatever media in which you feel comfortable to create your holiday lights!
    -Original artwork only, please.
    -3 coins for 3 coins (no hostess coins necessary, but would be treasured if you so choose)
    -Best effort and good craftsmanship: send in something that you would be excited to see in your return envelope; I'll do my best to swap effort for effort.
    -Please make sure your coins are sturdy; they must be thicker than just one sheet of card stock.
    -Each coin needs to be in its own protective plastic sleeve.
    -Please include swap name, your username, real name, and location on the back of each coin.
    -No worries if you need to withdraw, but please communicate with me if something changes and you're no longer able to participate... I don't want to have to leave any neutral itraders if you disappear!

MAILING:

-US Players- Please include a legible SASE.
    -International Players- Please include a mailing label with your address clearly written or typed. I will provide an envelope for returns for all international players. Please include a well concealed US dollar bill or US global forever stamp.
    -Please make sure to package your coins securely so that none of your precious artwork sustains damage in the mail!
    -When you are ready to send in your coins, please send me a private message. (Also, please post when you send in your coins, so that I can be on the lookout for them and stay organized... especially given that this is my first attempt to host!)
    -Please ensure that your coins are mailed in time to be in my hands (I'm in the mid-Atlantic) on or before the due date so that I can get them back out to everyone as soon as possible.

When you receive your coins, please leave itrader for your hostess (that would be me) if merited and "you rock" points to the players you received artwork from... everyone works so hard on their creations, and it is always heartwarming to know where your coins find a new home :~)

Holiday Electricians Extraordinaire:
    1.) Ali
    2.) Terri
    3.) Ducky
    4.) Vegan4animals
    5.) Suzi
    6.) Heymaggie
    7.) Angeljoy
    8.) Haagmm
    9.)
    10.)
    11.)
    12.)

Bold= received safe and sound :~)
    Last edited by ali; 12-13-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Due date (swap Header) moved to top line

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't swapped in a while, this looks interesting. Let me look at my calendar and be sure I can commit
    Happy First Swap!
    "Everything is better with diamond glaze, it's like bacon that way." grrrdjules

3. Thanks ali thanked this post
    Likes ali liked this post
    Terri F is offline Formerly known as Shawnicaitlin
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    would love to join please

So wonderful to see you hosting

5. Thanks ali thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in!
    Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you or stand tall and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapenos."

7. Thanks ali thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thanks guys, I thought I was just going to be trading with me, myself, and I :~)

And Penlowe, that sounds great!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bippity BUMPITY boo!

Maybe that's the online equivalent of the fairy godmothers from Cinderella, and they will magically increase our players before midnight strikes and they turn back into pumpkins!! (I really should find other ways to spend my time....)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up! I have some new goodies that will be perfect for this theme...

11. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, awesome vegan4animals!!! Can't wait to see your ideas. I'll add you now before midnight strikes ;~)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now time for my nightly plea for more friends to join the party... (this is actually becoming fun in and of itself!)

Did you vote today? If so, AWESOME! You can continue your streak of being a fantastic citizen by taking the next logical step, which is obviously to join this swap so you can demonstrate that lights aren't just FOR the people.... they are BY the people! (You are the people in this scenario.)

If you're someone who didn't vote today, fear not; we've got you covered, too! Did you forget to mail your absentee ballot in? Maybe you couldn't locate your polling place, or didn't want to sign up to vote because you're avoiding jury duty (judgment-free zone). Maybe you were home sick, couldn't find an affordable babysitter for the kiddos today, or were feeling overwhelming apathy and/or disillusionment with the governance process. If so, what better way to restore your faith in yourself and others than by honoring the light within? This is your moment to create an image(s) worth your own thousand words... that's a platform that everyone on here can support!

So whether you're feeling patriotic or not, religious or not, civic minded or not, or let down by the world we live in- or not- I urge you to carpe this diem and join us in the celebration of holiday lights.

Namaste.

14. Likes nightowl_too, Terri F liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to join!

16. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, awesome, Suzi!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ali, please include me in your swap! Holiday Lights is such a great idea for a coin swap!

19. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, awesome, Maggie!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm lurking with strong intent!
    I need to see how my weekend goes before I commit to more. We have craft club tonight so if I make good progress on the December swaps I'm already signed up for...I'll be back. I do love holiday lights!
    Melissa
    Hosting: An All Fall ATART Challenge from Sept. 19-23. Watch for details!

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

22. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haagmm, as soon as I read, "I'll be back," I instantly heard it in Arnold Schwarzenegger's terminator voice and it totally cracked me up... rarely do I associate The Terminator and ATCs, but there truly is a first time for everything, hahaha :~) thanks for that unexpected laugh!!!

24. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ali

I am ready to mail.
    Are you at the same address?

Got me in the Holiday Spirit.

26. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My coins are finished! You cant tell from the pic but they are finished with an awesome laquer

Attachment 201080

28. Likes ali, Suzi, heymaggie, nanvan, Haagmm, pouringdiva liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOO HOO!!!! That is music to my ears, Terri!!!!!!!!! (Have you seen the movie Elf? If so, mentally I just had an image of picking up the phone and saying, "Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?!") And Vegan4animals, yours are AWESOME!!! I love how creative you got with them... absolutely stunning, and now you've got me a bit more in the holiday spirit as well :~)

I am still at the same address in PA, and am getting a bit excited that tomorrow we are getting SNOW!!! Last Christmas was about 70 degrees, but I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.....

30. Thanks Vegan4animals thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have seen Elf.

My fave Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation. I don't know how many times I've watched it.

32. Likes ali liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you-- Christmas Vacation is my absolute favorite... it will never get old for me.

Love, Actually is one that has also climbed near the top of the list. Makes me laugh, smile, and cry- whether out of laughter or sadness depends on my mood- and I love the way there are so many different storylines that are all somehow interconnected.