SNOW DAY ATC SWAP Due January 18, 2019

I have lived in central pa my whole life. I have lots of snowy memories. I would love to create some art for this swap.

Glad to have you in this Swap, Mushu! I have lived in PA my whole life as well.... lots of memories here too!

I remember it snowed twice in Phoenix, in all the years I have lived here. Of course it was only in the air and didn't even last on the ground. Once it was enough to write SNOW on the windshield of the car, and take a photo. Remember cameras with film? The photo didn't come out. That had to be in 1991.

We had a short period here in Southeastern PA when we really were not seeing much snow. Now we seem to be back in the 20 inches or more per season. I remember cameras with film! I really love the digital camera age!

I do not enjoy the snow now except when viewed from behind the window but I have some wonderful memories of the children and I wrapped up and out building snowmen, throwing snowballs etc.
We always had lots of 'snowgloves' on the radiators - old socks put on hands and turned back to give a double thickness ..... happy days!!!!
I will lurk but not commit at this time as I am busy crocheting blankets for the Premature Babies born over Christmas at our local hospital - found some wonderful wool to use.....

I do not enjoy the snow now except when viewed from behind the window but I have some wonderful memories of the children and I wrapped up and out building snowmen, throwing snowballs etc.
We always had lots of 'snowgloves' on the radiators - old socks put on hands and turned back to give a double thickness ..... happy days!!!!
I will lurk but not commit at this time as I am busy crocheting blankets for the Premature Babies born over Christmas at our local hospital - found some wonderful wool to use.....

Oh, you are an Angel!!!!!
Years ago, when there were hundreds of ladies knitting and crocheting blankets for "preemies", we would get together twice a month for chatting, pot-lucking, and blanket making, but now-a-days there are far fewer people interested so it has turned into a solo project for those of us left.
KUDOS to you.

Please sign me up.
I have one ATC made, and one started.
I will finish the swap cards tomorrow and mail early next week.

Last edited:

Thanks for checking out the Swap, Christine! That is wonderful that you are crocheting blankets for the Preemies! I bet that your blankets are lovely, and I know that they will be very much appreciated!

VickiZ and Suzi - Thank you for your kind words.
I have been making blankets for some years now and try to make the Christmas batch a bit different - stitch on stars, holly leaves etc but this year I found some red, white and green random wool. Then, to top it all, some white glitter wool that I can use for the borders, I will be posting photos later on my Blog.
I wish I had known about the need for Preemie knitteds earlier but we can only do what we can do .......

Thanks for checking out the Swap, LucyMc. I hope that you decide to join us!

Lurking...….we had 14" of snow over the weekend and my INTENT was to wrap gifts, do cards, maybe bake some cookies. Well, hubby decided it would be a grand time to redo the bedroom. My house is a complete wreck, gifts and cards are waiting patiently, and all I want to do is sit by the fireplace and create. The end results will be gorgeous, but dayyyyem. Timing is everything.

Lurking...….we had 14" of snow over the weekend and my INTENT was to wrap gifts, do cards, maybe bake some cookies. Well, hubby decided it would be a grand time to redo the bedroom. My house is a complete wreck, gifts and cards are waiting patiently, and all I want to do is sit by the fireplace and create. The end results will be gorgeous, but dayyyyem. Timing is everything.

Wow! That is a lot of snow OldsLady1992! Sounds like a very busy time in your home :eek: I do hope that you find some time to join in!

Back
Top Bottom