~let whoever think whatever~
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – February 9, 2019
WE ARE FULL!
Mixed Media Collage
Number of items - 5 for 5
No Withdrawal & No Late Cards – Withdrawal or Late cards will receive a neutral iTrader.
Number of Participants – 22

Trash to Treasure X (TX) - Due February 9, 2019

ABOUT THE SWAP AND THE ENVELOPE OF TRASH

This swap is a mixed media collage challenge to create ATCs from trash items. Most of these items are items that would normally be thrown away. You will recycle these items into awesome art. You must be willing to think outside the box and use items in different and new ways. Each envelope will have a variety of items. Some items will be the same type but slightly different.

Each card must be 2.5” by 3.5” on a sturdy base. The card can be any shape within the size limit (doll, house or coin, etc). Each card must fit inside an ATC sleeve.

THE MYSTERY ITEMS

The envelope will have a variety of trash items and items found here and there. A sturdy base is required. Don’t use just use a piece of scrapbook paper. Back your creation with something sturdy.

~Use at least two trash items on every card.
~The items you use can be altered -cut, ripped, torn, painted, sanded, sprayed with ink, etc.
~Items can be used as a tool – cut a shape and make a print, use the item as a stencil or mask, use an item to apply paint or ink. Using and item as a tool counts as one item used on a card.
~Dig out your paints, inks, glue, paintbrushes, sprays, stencils, brayers, pens and pencils.
~Use the ingredients to layer interesting colors, shapes and textures.
~Do not make abstract cards.
~Do not glue items down willy-nilly without design.
~Have a focal point that draws your eye and is complemented by the surrounding colors and textures.
~You are encouraged to add items of your own to complete the card.
~Do not JUST use the trash items – Using just trash items is not the object of this swap - add some of your own ingredients to make your trash creation artistic and unique.

On the back of your card include your AFA username, real name and the mystery items you have used.

If you have withdrawn from any of the previous Trash or similar swaps, you are not eligible to join this swap.

TO SIGN UP

Post to the thread to sign up. State that you have read all the requirements and that you are aware that this is a no withdrawal swap and that any withdrawal will receive a neutral iTrader.

Send me a private message with your mailing address.

When I receive your message, I will mail you your mystery envelope.

Once you have signed up for the swap, there is no withdrawal.

Due to the amount of same trash I have, the limit is 18 players.

POSTING TO THE THREAD

Please post to the thread when you have received your trash items.

Post your cards in the thread listing which mystery items you have used.

MAILING YOUR CARDS

Send each card in its own ATC sleeve or in the 3 side by side baseball card sleeve.

Send me a SASE with return postage equal to the amount of postage it cost you to send your cards to me. Additional stamps to reimburse me for the cost of mailing you the mystery envelopes is appreciated but not a requirement.

I live in Florida. It is up to you to be aware of the mailing time from your location to me and to mail your cards in time for me to receive them by the due date. Late cards will be returned to sender and a neutral iTrader given.

AFTER YOUR RETURN CARDS ARE RECEIVED

When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that you have received them. Don’t forget to leave an iTrader for me and You Rock!s to the other artists.

(Thanks to CastleQueen5 for starting this series; and all the other hostesses who have jumped into the trash swap dumpster.)

Take out the papers and the trash
Or you don't get no spendin' cash
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor
You ain't gonna rock and roll no more
Yakety yak (Don't talk back)

PLAYERS

1. Prex79 - CARDS RECEIVED
2. AngelJoy - CARDS RECEIVED
3. SuzieG1013
4. CastleQueen5 - CARDS RECEIVED
5. Carol - CARDS RECEIVED
6. PouringDiva
7. Ali - CARDS RECEIVED
8. Miss - CARDS RECEIVED
9. nanvan - CARDS RECEIVED
10. Amychelle - CARDS RECEIVED
11. Marie - CARDS RECEIVED
12. Vegan4Animals - CARDS RECEIVED
13. Suzi - CARDS RECEIVED
14. katelnorth - CARDS RECEIVED
15. LMFiber - CARDS RECEIVED
16. Evalila - CARDS RECEIVED
17. CiCiCreates - CARDS RECEIVED
18. Haagmm - CARDS RECEIVED
19. Heymaggie
20. Mushu - CARDS RECEIVED
21. Dithespy - CARDS RECEIVED
22. Notinkansas - CARDS RECEIVED

Last edited:
I do like your requirements. I think they are very well written, I might steal those.

Use at least two trash items on every card.
~The items you use can be altered -cut, ripped, torn, painted, sanded, sprayed with ink, etc.
~Items can be used as a tool – cut a shape and make a print, use the item as a stencil or mask, use an item to apply paint or in. Using and item as a tool counts as one item used on a card.
~Dig out your paints, inks, glue, paintbrushes, sprays, stencils, brayers, pens and pencils.
~Use the ingredients to layer interesting colors, shapes and textures.
~Do not make abstract cards.
~Do not glue items down willy-nilly without design.
~Have a focal point that draws your eye and is complemented by the surrounding colors and textures.
~You are encouraged to add items of your own to complete the card.
~Do not JUST use the trash items – Using just trash items is not the object of this swap - add some of your own ingredients to make your trash creation artistic and unique.

Thank you.
I have started the swap rules in August and finished making my changes and filling envelopes with trash yesterday.
Originally I was going to wait to post in December, but I checked out T9 and they are nearly finished, so figured why not.
I can mail the first envelopes tomorrow.
I think this is going to be challenging trash, but I am sending a lot of items so everyone should find something they can use.

I would like to sign up please. I have read all the requirements and that you are aware that this is a no withdrawal swap and that any withdrawal will receive a neutral iTrader. PMing my address now.

I am kind of surprised that nobody made comment on the lyrics at the end of the rules.
I had to post it because I got an ear worm from using the word trash so many times in the rules.

I would like to sign up. I have read all the rules and am aware that this is a no withdrawal swap and that any withdrawal will receive a neutral iTrader. PMing my address now.

Back
Top Bottom