ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date: January 31, 2019
Withdraw by date: no deadline, just communicate please
Number of Items: 3 for 3
Number of participants: 20
Media: Any media is welcome – minimal stickers please

This is my second swap so I cannot have more than 20 participants. I’ll keep a waiting list if there are more than 20 people interested, in case someone needs to withdraw.

Some common New Year’s Resolutions are to try something new or learn a new hobby. As adults, we don’t try new things or challenge ourselves as much as we did when we were children. I bet that 99% of this is due to past failure, worry or insecurities. Kids are always trying different ways to figure things out, making new projects, developing new skills – there are no excuses and minimal limitations in their eyes. So let’s start 2019 off with a child-like approach to our art! This swap will be a no-judgement zone! ;)

This swap is centered on trying a new style, a new technique, or a new product. Be brave! Since the swap is about trying something new, you may feel like your cards are more like backgrounds than completed cards. Feel free to add a small bit of encouraging advice, a few funny words or a small picture (hdhp or mixed media) but allow the new style, technique or product to remain clearly visible.

Please include the style, technique or product either artistically on the front or on the back of your card.

All mediums and techniques are welcome. Send in your best work, something you would be excited to receive if I sent it to you.

All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” X 3.5” and sturdy. Please don’t send flimsy cards that are just a sheet of paper. Back your ATC on heavy cardstock or paperboard (such as a cereal or tissue box).
Cards need to be sent in a plastic sleeve for their protection.

Please include at least the Swap name, your Username, your real name and location and the style, technique or product on the back of each card.

US participants, please send a large address label with your name and address clearly printed on it and a forever stamp. I will provide all envelopes!

International participants: please enclose a large address label with your name and address clearly printed on it and a well concealed US Dollar Bill, an International Forever Stamp or I have paypal. I will provide all envelopes!

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. Please mail your cards early so that they will arrive by the deadline.

When you receive your returns, please leave “you rock” points for the artists whose cards you received, and if you feel that I’ve done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me (haagmm).

So, who wants to try something new?

1. CastleQueen5 - rec'd *
2. Mushu - rec'd
3. kathleenlovesflorida - rec'd *
4. Hushedkitty -rec'd
6. CreativeSquirrel - rec'd *
8. AmySi - rec’d *
12. JenUrebel - rec'd *
13. Essy - rec'd *
14. ThouArtDelyrias - rec'd *
15. Amychelle - rec'd *
17. schaefme - rec'd
19. Linda4atc - rec'd *

Lurkers Observation Platform: pouringdiva

Last edited:
Welcome to CQ5, Mushu, Kathleenlovesflorida, HushedKitty and SuzieG1013. I'm so excited to see what new styles or techniques or products you are trying out!

Please post pictures along the way as you experiment with new things! It'll be a great opportunity to find out about new stuff.

Welcome AmySi!

Actually paint pouring is on my list of things to try. I've seen gouache mentioned a couple times recently and I admit, I have no clue what it is. I'll be checking it out on google!

Lol — paint pouring is even messier than it looks on YouTube! Turned out my dresser (or house?) isn’t level, so all the paint ran to one corner! So much for the flowers... but since the paint was wet, added gold & made more abstract. Hmm...

Next up - gouache! I have a few samples, so lets see what I can do with a limited palette :) I’m super inspired by James Gurney: http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/search/label/Gouache?m=0

AHHH Nuevo I have a pearl colored nuevo cream (paint?) I bought and actually forgot I had. I've been trying to think of something I haven't tried that won't cost much.

I won some foils for the hot press n foil, which I don't plan to buy. I wanted to try that with some glue or sticky tape. Unfortunately I have no idea when they will reach me. Another technique I would like to try involves glitter, I have a lot and don't use it because so many people are against it for one reason or another.

Back
Top Bottom