Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! December

Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Nanner for letting me know my parcel made it out to you, I hope it is all in one piece

And because my partner got her ornie I finally got to open Nanners package! I LOVE the Sugarplum Fairy, please post a pick of her in the thread so everybody gets to see her! I already got permission from my big lads to place her on the tree, and they insisted (!) she goes to the very top of the tree! She is so pretty, I shall have to make a space for her on one of my walls for when Christmas is over...
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else > George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh good. I always send that size, glad I am not in trouble, lol

My brain has been scattered. I have a lot of personal challenges going on.

Your envelope for Miss Iowa is GORGEOUS!

3. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been crazy at work! December, as you can imagine, is a big cookie month! We have this one order to fill by this Thursday...and it's so big, we've been working on it since Sunday. It's for nearly 400 cookies...but it's not the baking of them...It's that we have to individually wrap each one...gah...just cutting ribbon and and adding tags is a job in it's self. All the while we are baking for our in house cookies...orders...and the one I hate the most Doordash/Grubhub/Postmates/Eats24...those are the delivery services that use Uber/Lyft drivers. ...anyhow...just a little morning rant LOL! How are all of you doing? What's your work pet peeves?
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! July
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

5. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Neener is offline Head Catachookie Wrangler At The Ranch
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lordy be, somehow I managed to lose you all for awhile. Crazy life here, but I finally had a minute between snow removal and farm work to pop in and say "howdy". Hope everyone has been well. Miss you guys. In a real creative rut these days. Probably because I don't ever have more than a few hours to myself. Kept thinking that would change, but I guess it is the new normal and I need to adjust my expectations. Holiday love to all!

7. Likes Gemininorn, kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time seems to be going out so fast. I cannot believe is already December. Where did the year go? Does this happen when you get old? I too have little time for anything ....

If I had to make cookies for work, I would probably weigh 500 pounds! Yikes! I think it sounds like a fun job though!

My envelope went postal today. Hopefully it will arrive safely!

9. Likes Gemininorn, kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, individually wrapping 400 cookies? That must be a company order, like my husbands company always gives everybody a huge choc easter egg for Easter...
    But what is intriguing for me is... what is wrong with Uber/Lyft drivers? Are they super impatient when they come to pick up orders? If so, maybe give the nice ones some cookie crumble leftovers to reinforce good behaviour?

For me personally my own little countdown of terror has begun, only 7 more days of school and then the brood will be home in full force, bickering, annoying one another, taking each others stuff, scratching, biting, gaaaah. And then the yearly Christmas anti climax after gift opening (let’s face it, we all know that one...) and of course we need to let our frustrations out on Mom... I used to like Christmas -until I started working retail- then I looked forward to the family side of it and now... well, you get the jyst.

That was my little rant, now I have to get my behind out of bed and face the offspring, getting them school ready etc...

11. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, maybe while the little ones are gone I will make some little polymer clay project? Or dance around the house with no .... naah, I think I will stick with polymer clay

13. Likes kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neener, so glad you are here! You, of course, are always welcome.

Suntrade, when you shlep cookies all day...it sorta turns you off to them. We get a free drink and cookie on the day that we work. I rarely eat a cookie. I know that sounds weird.

Gem, the order is for a radio station NPR. They do a commercial for us on air...which our company pays them for...but part of the deal is, to give them product as well, to give to their sponsors.

Uber/Lyft drivers in our area are interesting. Some are very chill. However, a lot of them are impatient and take it out on us. The biggest problem though with these delivery services...is the computer/app portion. We can choose a time when the order will be ready. The driver is trying to pick up as many of these orders in the area to make more money...So they come super early...before the promised time. They assume that chucking cookies in a boxes is fast. However, our promise is for hot cookies. So we have to bake them on the spot. Our longest cookie to bake is 21 minutes...Scones almost a half hour.

They are currently updating their app...so lately we can't even choose a time. So, I get a bit anxious when we get these orders or if we get stacked orders...or that and the in house is selling out. (We do small batches at a time...as we sell, we bake to replace.) We try to give you cookies that have just been bake or baked only a couple of hours ago. ...Sometimes I bake a bunch of cookies and before they come out of the oven...someone buys them and will wait for them! Gah, December! LOL!

Last edited by kwailin777; 12-13-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

15. Likes Gemininorn, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gem, I'm sending good vibes to you! Hope you survive the kids during their break! LOL!

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

17. Thanks Gemininorn thanked this post
    Likes Gemininorn, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir yes sir!

19. Likes Rosecake liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up to the folks wanting to join the Calm After The Holidaze swap...I'm gonna put the thread up December 28th...it's a Friday...The sign up will be open for a week, January 4th. I'll PM partners on the 5th
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

22. Likes Miss M, Rosecake, Gemininorn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It seems like for-ev-er that I've been here, but apparently the calendar says two weeks OmGosh December has been kinda crazy so far! (LOL, I can concur 400 cookies would put me off them too!) I think work everywhere is nuts right now, I know at my place it's just a bad time of year of people rushing to get stuff done, and then it just creates more havoc. And it doesn't help when you catch germs and get sick Glad to see peeps we haven't seen in a while kicking around on the thread!

Ornie update...sorry my partners I took a little longer than expected. And I beg to differ with Bob Ross, there are such things as unhappy accidents (grumble, grumble). But that it all sorted now, and ornies are enroute and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they arrive before Christmas! (pics attached for those that want a preview the colours may be a bit off, LOL, apparently I don't know the right way to photograph things hanging on a Christmas tree )

I've gotten gorgeous ornamentals from Janina! And I'm still waiting for my Nanner-Plum-Fairy... Mail is a little backed up in Canada right now. It depends on the mail, some stuff is getting through quickly, other stuff is getting there eventually.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Miss M; 12-16-2018 at 09:39 AM. Reason: apparently I can't write english no more
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

24. Likes janina, Rosecake, kwailin777, Gemininorn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are lovely, Miss Mmmmm! I think I may spy one with my name on it?

I hope the mail fairy delivers your sweetie soon. Glitter wings crossed.
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha ha, Nanner, you've spied the Christmas Flamingo I'm sure the Sugar Plum Fairy will get here, mail is running about 1 week late. In the meantime, I've got house cleaning to keep me distracted, LOL. And I'm almost all decorated for Christmas.
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss M, you are a clever ornie maker! Totally dig 'em! I'll get them pinned up!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

28. Thanks Miss M thanked this post
    Rosecake is offline I've never met a color I didn't like.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss M, are those ornies made in cookie cutters? So cool!
    I love to trade hdhp - hearts, two sleeve dolls, artist inspiration dolls, and modified kokeshi.

When I don't have red I use blue. ~ Pablo Picasso

30. Thanks Miss M thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fab ornaments, Miss M! Welcome back.

My ornament to Cecile took ***3*** days just to get to Chicago (I can drive there in 4 hours), but as of Friday afternoon it was on Canadian soil, being processed through customs.

Working in retail this Christmas season (women's clothing store) has been a learning experience. Yesterday the customers were practically ripping the clothes off mannequins, and I am not kidding! (And no, I'm not working at Walmart. lol). Good thing I've been wearing my No Bad Vibes shield.

Dori Patrick No Bad Vibes Shield cropped.jpg

32. Likes janina, Miss M, Cecileb, kwailin777, Gemininorn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss I, love the sheild! I'll have to get myself one of those

Rosecake, yes, they are cookie cutter ornaments. And it was a learning experience, now I know which paint to use
    instagram :
    My available atcs

34. Likes Rosecake liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss M, a friend of mine is the artist that made the No Bad Vibes shield brooch. She has them in a local shop. Here's a link to her Etsy shop, but it doesn't look like she has the shields listed there. I can ask her if you're really interested.

36. Thanks Miss M thanked this post
    Likes Miss M, kwailin777, Gemininorn liked this post