11. Mouseit - returned
12. FlyingPhoenix - arrived
13. ksj1717 - returned
14. SunTrade - returned
15. JenUrebel - returned

Last edited:
Due date: Feb 11
postage date for non-Australians: Jan 21
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere in the world - I suggest you do the same.
cards: 3 for 3
participants: unlimited
media:
any and all
ALL CARDS MAILED ON FEB 19

I absolutely adore hot air balloons -the range of colours and designs. They look so peaceful floating against the rising or setting sun (when I normally get to see them) with a city or country background.

All my Mum wanted for her 80th birthday was a ride in one - a VERY early morning start as you are involved in the blowing up of the balloon before you take to the air.
Even I can draw the basic shape of the balloon but I seem to not be the only person who loves them as there are countless rubber stamps, dies and patterns available.

Please show your hot air balloons against a background of some kind. As my drawing skills are not that good I took some scenes from places aroundAustralia and added the hot air balloons (see the first 2 thumbnails). For the other 3 examples I printed the background design a number of times and raised the hot air balloons on foam squares. The almost circular design of a hot air balloon lends itself to iris folding. I look forward to seeing how you will draw or create your balloons.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by Feb 11. I will mail your returns as soon as possible, but remember, it took up to 3 weeks to reach me so your returns may take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players - please include a stamp equivalent to your postage.
International players
- a well hidden US$1 bill.

ALL
players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" X2"), I will provide envelopes and Australian postage.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap like-for-like as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

Last edited:
Oh Donna, PLEASE sign me up, I have a weird burning desire to make it up in one of these before I die... the hot air balloon is an image of inexplicable wonder and possibility for me! Great idea!

welcome pouringdiva and dithespy.

CreativeSquirrel -
I do hope that you can join us but take a seat on the comfortable lurkers' lounge for now.

I just finished a hot air balloon card I started a few months ago (but haven't touched since then). There's not much of a background because the balloon takes up so much of the space. Does this card fit within the parameters of the swap rules?
ATC 0023 Floating on Mountain Air 12.03.2018 afa.jpg

CreativeSquirrel - welcome! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Bishopsmate - don't get too comfortable, you know you really want to play.

Here are a few more samples of balloons for you - in 2 of them the balloons are part of the background.

linda4atc - I think that both those lantern shapes would make good hot air balloons, with their tassels cut off of course. ;) I look forward to seeing what you make - enjoy the lurkers' couch.

Back
Top Bottom