Hot air balloons Due date: Feb 11

Stahlrala and Monica - welcome to the lurkers' couch but I know you will join us eventually

Blueangel and VickiZ -welcome to the swap, I can't wait to see what you create

Please sign me up. My first hot air balloon ride was in Australia, a long ride (left at 3am)from Alice Springs. Kangaroos were hopping below. When I visited Arizona a few years ago I took a ride in Sedona (picture of me in the balloon in my profile)..no kangaroos just coyote and some big rabbits..such a lot of fun!

welcome CherylS.
I had to check out your profile picture before I welcomed you - I am jealous! I was scheduled to go up with my Mum for her 80th but the weather cancelled the flight and I couldn't get down (I live 2 states away) for any of the other dates offered, so my baby sister took my place.

Just last night we watched the movie "The Great Wall" (a 2016 Chinese monster movie).

There is a scene in the movie where the entire community lights and releases air-born-floating-lanterns when the leader of the army dies, that is so dramatic, and so beautiful, and very reminiscent of multiple hot air balloons floating in the sky. We have a "Hot Air Affair" every February that has numerous Hot Air Balloons going up together (that almost looks like this scene.)

If you like drama, spectacular CGI effects, monsters, plus a romance, you may want to check out this movie.
And be sure to watch for the Floating Lanterns/Miniature Hot Air Balloons.

CherylS - that looks amazing. Was it as hot as it looks? There would have been little trouble getting height then - the flights that I was scheduled for were VERY cold to start and so the balloon operator really had to work for height.

VickiZ - we saw the movie you mentioned. I liked the female warriors who 'flew' from the walls. As long as you are willing to totally suspend your critical thinking and just enjoy the effects and the silly story line it was a great movie.

No it wasn’t hot. The early mornings were cool then got hot. I had a fleece jacket on plus leather gloves. maybe the altitude? I have no idea. The trip in Australia wasn’t hot either but we definitely did not go as high.

Hi Donnacr

I just finished my cards and I think they will make it to you by the deadline, so I would like to sign up for this swap.
Would you please PM me your address? I believe you moved within the last 6 months or so.
Thanks so much!

BlancoLobo - I'll tell you when they arrive

jheuser - welcome to the swap, if you have any questions feel free to ask either in the thread or send me a PM

CherylS - those balloons look great, I really like the one being inflated (or is the card just lying on its side? :unsure:) I will tell you when they arrive

SunTrade - long time no see. Welcome to the lurkers' bench.

EARLY REMINDER - don't forget that I am in AUSTRALIA and mail delivery is slow! I suggest that you aim to get your cards in the mail by Jan 21 to make sure they arrive on time.

Hi Donnacr,
I wanted to wait and see what I can come up with before signing up for this swap. I am ready to mail. Would you please sign me up and PM me your address? Thank you.
Anita

Back
Top Bottom