Marie
Media
Due Date: February 21, 2019
Signup/Withdraw Date: February 14, 2019
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: Open… no heavy/bulky embellishments

Word of the Year 2019

I’ve participated in or hosted Word of the Year here at AFA every chance I’ve got and have always loved it! I’m already thinking on my words for 2019.

Here’s how it works:

Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, you come up with a personal 'Word Of The Year' (WOTY). A WOTY is a guide…. something that encompasses what you most want for yourself this year. You can search "personal word of the year" on Google to find out more. Additionally, here is a link to our GALLERY WALL from the 2018 WOTY!

Now I'd like to focus on our Words for 2019. Your cards can either depict your own WOTY or words that you feel would be suitable for someone else. Please post pics if you can to inspire us all. You are free to show any word, in any medium, but keep in mind that they should be mostly positive. Some examples might be courage, create, share, journey, listen, love, experiment, new, trust, and so on.

Rules
- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5” on sturdy card stock or better.
- If you prefer to illustrate without text showing, you may list the word on the back of the ATC.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- Send only your best work please... we’ll be looking at it all year!
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards.
- Keep cards as flat as possible—no heavy embellishments.

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps in the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name in the sign up roster. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will imbed each name in the roster with a hyperlink to make this part easier. I will also leave iTrader as I receive your cards. One of my words this year might be ‘Efficient’! ;)

Sample cards:

View attachment 202623 Less View attachment 202624 Journal

Who would like to set a guiding WOTY with me?

0. Marie
1. Pouringdiva arrived :o)
2. Carol arrived :o)
3. Ali arrived :o)
4. gypsy arrived :o)
5. Vegan4Animals arrived :o)
6. Rosa arrived:o)
7. Kae.Ryan arrived :o)
8. PaintedChairs arrived :o)
9. huddlestonmollie arrived :o)
10. Mariamacevedo
11. IstinKray IlverSay arrived :o)
12. schaefme arrived :o)
13. lazyshadows arrived :o)
14. Ornamentations arrived :o)
15. HushedKitty arrived :o
16. AuntieDeb arrived :o)
17. beaksalot arrived :o)

Last edited:
Thank you, pouringdiva, for being the first to sign up for this swap :)

Welcome to the lurkers couch ferrettgirl! Enjoy your stay. Feel free to jump in whenever you like.

Welcome to the lurkers couch Terri F. Enjoy your visit. I hope you decide to join us!

Due to family stuff, I'm going to lurk until I can get them created. :) Great idea! And I need the positive affirmations!

You’re welcome to lurk Wykyd! Soak up affirmations and positive energy and jump in if you can! :)
Welcome Carol! I’ll add you now. So glad you joined in.

Enjoy your lurk CreativeSquirrel! You’re in excellent company. I do hope you decide to join in. :)

Welcome Ali! I think this is my favorite swap of the year too! Have you been thinking what your word(s) might be?

Enjoy your lurk CreativeSquirrel! You’re in excellent company. I do hope you decide to join in. :)

Welcome Ali! I think this is my favorite swap of the year too! Have you been thinking what your word(s) might be?

I have been, Marie!!! I'm sticking with one of my words from last year- authenticity- because it has been a simple but effective reminder for me to return to over and over. I think I'm also focusing on words like "recover" and "thrive," so we'll see what kind of cards I can come up with this year ;~)

Welcome SuzieG1013, I’m glad to see you here!

Good words Ali, I too am keeping a word from this year... connected... but in a different aspect. Connecting to ME this time. :)

Enjoy your lurk HushedKitty. I think you’re in pretty good company. Jump in whenever you’re ready. :)

Back
Top Bottom